• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random

-
Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Hmmm, I read every single detail at the first page, awsome, but very disscouraging! Is it true you wont be able to fix "The Other Glitches"? Please, say you will. Other than that, I havent encountered any glitches myself.

If its a hard glitch that zel is struggling with, he wont bother with it, because gaming, IS TOP PRIORITY! Zel wouldnt want to waste time on hard glitches that could take him months.

EDIT: Marz you beat me, darn :laugh:

RE-EDIT: @ BlackLabel-Atreyu: we already know that glitch exist, we had that problem since B2

Years
  • A few minor glitches
    >You cant use the bike on route 40 (near olivine)
    >for me, if i press a really fast at the sudo event, the music dies and sudo stays after the battle.
    > Ice Gym - Second from bottom person - words appear over last sentence.

@altaria20- Cindiquil and tododile can learn ariel ace.

Joe Fantasy

Fantasy Raider
    Years
  • True, faith I have and will have till the end. SG was the only source that has brought me here. It could have been better and much easier if he did a 100% remake of gold with the good graphics and the same event and with the 3rd gen pokemon, dont you think?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    True, faith I have and will have till the end. SG was the only source that has brought me here. It could have been better and much easier if he did a 100% remake of gold with the good graphics and the same event and with the 3rd gen pokemon, dont you think?

Okay... well see GSC wouldn't have been as popular as it was if it wasn't for the Day/Night feature (Am I right?). I personally LOVED it. It gave the game a whole new twist. If they didn't take that out, Johto would have been cool, but Kanto... extremely boring. I think it's a real good idea to give the game added events. I love rivals! The more the marrier 'cuz... well they're just so much more satisfying to beat then regular trainers. Anyways, what else are hacks about but to add your own twists and events in the game? (credit to Goku Goku for that nice peice of wisdom). Zel's doing a great job, his hack is top notch. Everyone's got their free opinion, so I can't change it... but I'll comment on it.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Umm... would anyone happen to remember where to get the Good Rod?
    'Cause I can't think of it at all, and have no water pokemon...

HUH!? Don't you get it from a guy in Olivine city... Try to remember next time or look at your guides. At least to try to figure that out yourself.

Joe Fantasy

Fantasy Raider
    Years
  • Go to the little returant where the sailor is in Olivine City.I think the little resturant is right above the waters under the gym. The sailor in there should be on a chair and well...

horsegon1

Im a Magikarp!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2012
    hey zel u no i cant get balls from kurt he says "dont bother me im working" oh and the bug catching contest is never on.(maybe it is because i am using state saves on gpsp)

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    hey zel u no i cant get balls from kurt he says "dont bother me im working" oh and the bug catching contest is never on.(maybe it is because i am using state saves on gpsp)

it has nothing to do with gpsp or psp, we know that the kurt time flag set is glitched, so no one really wont be able to get new pokéballs from kurt, so no worries, and probably the same thing is happening with the bug catching contest as well. Please check the glitch list.

EDIT: and if some of you are too lazy to check...
    here https://www.theud.com/pokecommunity/showthread.php?t=74447

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012

What firmware are you using at the mo mine doesnt need a savestate it saves automatically but i am on 3.03 OE-B

ontopic

loving it so far zel

Goldenhammerhead

Super Smash Bros Brawl FTW!
    Years
  • NEW GLITCH.....I think

in cherrygrove pokecentre there is a wierd door think you cant walk over or talk to.

+ some of my pokemon have been turning into bad eggs for no apparent reason.

i have got squirtle and charmander can someone please give a message ( in spoiler or private ) telling me the location of starters.

it has nothing to do with gpsp or psp, we know that the kurt time flag set is glitched, so no one really wont be able to get new pokéballs from kurt, so no worries, and probably the same thing is happening with the bug catching contest as well. Please check the glitch list.

EDIT: and if some of you are too lazy to check...
    here

funny.....Kurt has been giving me pokeballs just fine and they're good ones that r very helpful to.

the bug contest is working as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years
  • This hack wors fine with the psp, every problem that it had in the past has been fixed.

Idk why Kurt isn't giving you pokeballs or the contest is never on. All I can say is make sure your using a clean rom dump. If it had an intro on it and you patched it, thats the reason why it's fragged.

Well Zel, your hack has been the 2nd hack that I actually enjoyed out of them all. If your saying that it must take alot to impress me, yes your right.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • It was in the area where the Natus and smeargle appear.

OK, yes, the idea was to put a Baltoy there...

1) In the battle with Bugsy, at Azalea, him butterfree use the Sleep Powder against himself ( but not ever )

How could he use "Sleep Powder" against itself??? O.o o.O
    Is it a new kind of confusion?, much like the dudes from FF where they use their own moves against themselves and partners... LOL XD

Anyway, I hope you fix the glitches soon, Zel. This hack is truly a masterpiece.

Thanks to hear that. The glitches (the Early) will be taken out, and a new less-buggy Beta will be released, hopefully.

You should change or take out the "Are you playing this on a PC?" because people get those thingys that make the game go to something you put in your GBA to play it on the GBA so they didn't buy it, but they're not playing it on a PC. But you could still not change that if you'd like, but its a tad weird if you are playing it on your GBA, and it's the first time you play the SG game. I mean, new people are posting here everyday, so... who knows?

But I think the whole text says: "Are you playing this on PC? If not, and you bought this, I'm sorry to say you wasted money..." So, thinking about that, it states that if you buyed the game, then you wasted your money... (Unless someone got it for free... XD)
    Nevermind that, it's mainly something to try to disturb the :pirate:s
    I wonder what they'll do now? With this very "glitched" Beta? :laugh:

I noticed you creditted Ballad and the Platinum co for sprites, but did you ever think of asking them if it was ok to use them? Having more than one GS remake with the same sprites sucks.

Yes, I don't know how to contact them (or perhaps I'm a bit afraid of them saying me "NO", and I getting depressed. It would be fair, though, they'd have that right) Well, now I'm not using their work, so it's gonna be just a few things at the beginning.
    Also, does anyone know if they are members of the pokecommunity? (Well, I better PM Gridiron, he may know)

Ah! This also brings up another idea. As soon as I finish the beta fixing, I'll try to contact Kyledove for the heroine. It should be time to put her in the game.

A few minor glitches
    >for me, if i press a really fast at the sudo event, the music dies and sudo stays after the battle.
    > Ice Gym - Second from bottom person - words appear over last sentence.

Sudo will stay after the battle always. There's no way to automatically erase a sprite after a battle, unless you refresh the screen (which can be done by a warping). So, that's why, as soon as you try to do anything, the warping takes place, and the sprite gets erased. I was a bit technical, lol -_-

Kurt'll always tell you he's busy if you keep doing the other "timed events" (for example, you just pick a Berry, if you don't let a few minutes pass, Kurt'll be busy). I've added "Kurt's Pokeball making" at the last reminder inside the "The Other Glicthes" report.

Does anyone know how to get out of tin tower with out flying from the top, or using escape rope? i have neither.

Hope you haven't saved before doing the jump to the platform with the last stairs to the top of Tin Tower. If you did, well... :(
    I guess you'll need to wait till I release the bug-fix Beta, then you'll be able to escape. It won't take long. Sorry...

As marz said, the Glitches report will stop now that I've added the glitches into my first post. As long as people read that first post XD. I hope they do... :)

Well, since today's the free day (from that evil Summer Course), I'll fix most of those glitches. Friday I'll take care of the h.trees. It'll go under a more seriours testing this time!

I better stop chatting, answer those PMs (hope they don't ask for complicated stuff), and get on with the fixing! See ya later!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Bah, I was spamming. Sorry...:(

Are any rivals really going to be a challenge? Not in SGX, in the regular version. I mean, the solo rival that they always through against you always loses...how about they win for once? :D

Also, will any rivals be categorized? Like, other than type. For instance, will any use cutesie baby pokemon (this includess Pikachu, jigglypuff, all those other ones), or maybe evil looking pokemon? (Midrevous, Houndoor, Mightyena, Gengar, etc.)

Man, I'm so excited for all the rivals!!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Joe Fantasy, please do not link to any other forums, as it's against the rules.

hammerhead, please do not double post. If you have something to add to your post, use the Edit button.

You've made great progress over the past weeks, zel, very impressive.
    Good luck with it, and keep up the great work. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    I know some people hate this, but there's ONE way to escape in situaton like in tin tower.

Use a gameshark code.

The folowing code is "fly everywere". With it, you'll be able to exit Tin Tower.
    AFTER USE, delete the code, SAVE, EXIT THE GAME (reset don't work), restart the game.

All will be fine.

509197D3 542975F4
    78DA95DF 44018CB4

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hehe... Scizz, too bad the only way to receive a nice comment from you is when you are doing your job... lol XD

furrypaws: It may be a good idea about having a rival that uses cute pokes (so she could be the kind of "oh, you're so cute!" girl, which, well, Ray can tell you what I think 'bout them! XD
    But the rivals are always looking for new pokes to improve their lineups (as we all do, don't we? Specially Carlos... You really haven't tasted his true power... (Well, maybe the guys from SGX could tell, they tasted a bit...))
    O.o

tphi: Thanks for the contribution. Maybe that'll help stuck people, so they don't have to wait till B3.5 (yeah, I like to call it as that! XD)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back