• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guide: All returning Pokémon coming to Sword and Shield Expansion Pass

[Updated 20th June] All returning Pokémon coming to Sword and Shield Expansion Pass

[Updated 20th June] All returning Pokémon coming to Sword and Shield Expansion Pass

Find out which previous generation Pokémon are returning to Pokémon Sword and Shield spotted in the Direct!
Years
  • One more added - Skarmory! From a separate Japanese ad.

Yes! Probably my favorite flying type in the whole series making a comeback is great, am happy to see more of my favourite Pokemon making an appearance in the DLC! Getting more and more tempted to purchase it everyday.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2021
    pretty annoyed that Relicanth and Agron are Crown Tundra mons though. Hope we can add them in before that though. I have never actually used Relicanth before, but really want to use one.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Inexplicably the Lilligant line do not appear to be in the Isle of Armor DLC.

I am happy Kingdra and Garchomp are in the DLC however.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Bumping to point out there's an updated list - all Isle of Armor pokes in, and the ones spotted outside of that is clearer to us now.

Isle of Armor update gave us 102 returning Pokemon not already in SwSh and outside of the Galar Dex.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Bumping again because we got all the Crown Tundra ones now, unless they change things. Dataminers found evidence for which ones are in for that. It gives a further 117 Pokemon.

List in the article!

Last edited:

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • If they're bringing back the Gen III starters, why not the Gen VI ones?

And is there any news about who among the returning Pokemon will be getting Galarian forms? I hatched a Shiny Beldum in Ultra Sun today and planning to send it to Pokemon HOME. I'm having second thoughts about sending it as a Beldum because I don't know whether or not Metagross will have a Galarian form that's not Psychic. Of course, I want to have the Steel/Psychic Metagross.

My one-month Premium subscription to Pokemon HOME will expire on September 2, and I want to save my available funds in Nintendo eShop.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    And is there any news about who among the returning Pokemon will be getting Galarian forms? I hatched a Shiny Beldum in Ultra Sun today and planning to send it to Pokemon HOME. I'm having second thoughts about sending it as a Beldum because I don't know whether or not Metagross will have a Galarian form that's not Psychic. Of course, I want to have the Steel/Psychic Metagross.

My one-month Premium subscription to Pokemon HOME will expire on September 2, and I want to save my available funds in Nintendo eShop.
    The Kanto legendary birds are getting Galarian forms, but I doubt that anything besides them will be getting one.

Crown Tundra's release is still a few months off, so there's time for something new to surface, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • The Kanto legendary birds are getting Galarian forms, but I doubt that anything besides them will be getting one.

Crown Tundra's release is still a few months off, so there's time for something new to surface, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Slowking will be getting a Galarian Form, but that's about it.

Yeah, I already know about those. I can't wait to catch a Galarian Articuno!

But what about the others?

I just hope the Beldum line would remain as Steel/Psychic. I'm fearing the possibility that standard Beldum would evolve into Galarian Metang with a different type combination, so I guess I have to wait for further announcements before transferring my Shiny Beldum to Pokemon HOME. If that would be the case, then I have to evolve it into Metang and then Metagross before sending it to Pokemon HOME.

I'm also guessing the human-like trio-- Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar-- will have Galarian forms as well to parallel the legendary birds. Perhaps, Jynx will finally have her third stage that remains Psychic while Electivire will have a Galarian form that's part-Fighting, and Magmortar will have a Galarian form that's part-Dark. That's just my guess though.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Audino, Swablu, Carbink, and Diancie!!!!!

<333333

Back