• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] How to make trainer sprites to show up above textboxes like in Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    Hey dudes, I'm currently working on my ROM hack (Pokemon Bright Adventures) but I still have a little problem. I've been hacking for months already and I'm pretty good. I'm done with pokemon and sprites insertion and all the like and I wanted to start scripting. Since I drew my inspiration from adventure red I wanted the main character and rival sprite to show up on the text box while he's speaking but I can't figure out how to do that. Please I need help!😟

Years
  • Hey dudes, I'm currently working on my ROM hack (Pokemon Bright Adventures) but I still have a little problem. I've been hacking for months already and I'm pretty good. I'm done with pokemon and sprites insertion and all the like and I wanted to start scripting. Since I drew my inspiration from adventure red I wanted the main character and rival sprite to show up on the text box while he's speaking but I can't figure out how to do that. Please I need help!😟

As said above, use the ones by jiangzhengwenjzw (it's the third heading "80x80 mugshots"). To avoid the image floating in the air, increase the size of the borders of your textbox.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    Thanks a lot dudes, I've tried to figure out how to do this for weeks but I couldn't find anything. When I posted this thread I thought nobody would answer (don't ask me why...) but i was wrong. Thanks for your wonderful contributions

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Please how am I supposed to increase the border size of the textbox?

Open your ROM in NSE 2.0 and navigate through the bookmarks until you find the one that contains the graphics of the main textbox. You can edit and import the new textbox graphics with the edited border size

Back