• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéMount Custom Sprite Sets

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
PokéMounts
8SOZtp5.gif
tUnnaC9.gif
dd3TscX.gif
jjt7XMp.gif

AGxsTV3.gif
PIi3ubc.gif
l2NYheR.gif
5AxO8xt.gif

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Hello again! Just thought I'd share the Pokémon mount sprites I've been making for my game.

Lapras:
Spoiler:

Torkoal:
Spoiler:

Flygon:
Spoiler:

If you wish to use Lapras for surfing, I'd recommend following this tutorial.

To implement lava surfing, Mej71 has a very nice tutorial here. However, it is *slightly* out of date, and you will need to change a few things to get it working (mostly just functions that have since been renamed).

-----

I'll most likely be making more. I want to do a dive mount with Sharpeedo still.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Usage Disclaimer (since apparently everyone does these):

"All of my assets are free to be used by anyone for anything. Edit them, redistribute them, whatever - I don't care.
Giving me credit as the original creator is always nice, but I'm not gonna be anal about it if you don't lol.

The only thing I DO ask is that you don't try to write off these assets as things YOU created, since that's really not cool..."

(I also like seeing how my stuff is used (cuz it makes me happy!), so if you wanna send me a link to what you used my stuff for that would be neat! :D)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Would you mind making the boy sprites for the flygon 'running'? It's okay if you can't, I totally get it:)

Yep, I'll probably get around to doing that tomorrow.

I need to hand draw a bit more for the PC sprites on the Flygon "running" animation's frames, so it takes longer to do. For most of the other mounts, I just used the PC surfing poses, which don't animate beyond turning directions, and so I only had to really "try" once lol, then I could easily just paste Red's frames over top of what I used for Leaf and then "poof - done"! ;3

If it were just that, I could do it in like, 5 minutes. But I've gotta sleep soon, and it would probably take me an hour minimum to make Red's variant, so it'll have to wait till tomorrow. n.nU

(Also in general Leaf's versions take longer to do than Red's since her sprite is a bit more complex and has more movement, what with her long hair and satchel, so I usually do her first.)

Last edited:

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Yep, I'll probably get around to doing that tomorrow.

I need to hand draw a bit more for the PC sprites on the Flygon "running" animation's frames, so it takes longer to do. For most of the other mounts, I just used the PC surfing poses, which don't animate beyond turning directions, and so I only had to really "try" once lol, then I could easily just paste Red's frames over top of what I used for Leaf and then "poof - done"! ;3

If it were just that, I could do it in like, 5 minutes. But I've gotta sleep soon, and it would probably take me an hour minimum to make Red's variant, so it'll have to wait till tomorrow. n.nU

(Also in general Leaf's versions take longer to do than Red's since her sprite is a bit more complex and has more movement, what with her long hair and satchel, so I usually do her first.)

It's okay, and thanks a lot!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Update:

- Added a running animation for Red's Flygon Mount sprite.

tk1YtYs.png

nnDcr5m.png

(See the OP for an in-game animation preview.)

Last edited:

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Um... are there any pokemount running sprites for Torkoal?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
That looks neat!

Thanks! It's of course using Marin's PokeRide framework as a base.

And it's pretty much done... Minus one small bug I can't seem to figure out what is causing it. Which is trying to use a surf mount while facing the Lava or a lava surf mount while facing the Water causes the "can't use" text to display, but then starts surfing anyways without mounting anything or entering the water/lava tile.

I can't seem to figure out why it's doing this, as my detection code looks fine to me... :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
The lava-surfing torkoal contains such Almia vibes...
This, my fellow, would easily reach the heart of a someone
who played the Ranger sidegames and bring a tear to their
eye.

lavasurf.png

Hehe. Well I never said I drew all of these from scratch. :]
Most of what I did for Torkoal was edit the animation scheme so that it fit with the "surf bobbing" movement style used by the normal Pokemon games, and created a few additional movement frames where they were needed.

Flygon's sprite was originally from Mystery Dungeon. However, I had to modify and create loads of new frames for that one, since it only had like 2 movement frames for flapping, and the angles were not ideal, either.

---
...Though I'm pretty sure I used the sprites from Mystery Dungeon as a base for Torkoal here. For the most part Ranger uses perspectives that are incompatible with normal pokemon games (i.e. diagonal facing stances).

EDIT: Nope, I guess this was one of the few times a Ranger sprite was compatible. And no wonder since it was used as a vehicle in that game. XD
(I think I only ever played one of the Ranger games personally, but I forget which one. It was whichever one had that Manaphy egg event that could be transferred to Diamond/Pearl.)

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
For some reason I got 11 notifications for your message...
descarga.jpg

Anyway, I find it heartwarming to see someone making use
of sidegame content, since many fans don't take sidegames
into consideration as much as the core titles... I feel like
sidegames could use a bit more love.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
For some reason I got 11 notifications for your message...
descarga.jpg

Anyway, I find it heartwarming to see someone making use
of sidegame content, since many fans don't take sidegames
into consideration as much as the core titles... I feel like
sidegames could use a bit more love.

Err... I tend to do a lot of revisions, additions, and edits to my posts after I push them through. I had no idea the silly site would alert someone every time I edited a post that quoted them. Sorry! >_<

But yeah, some of the spin off games were quite fun, and for the purposes of mount sprites they're a great starting point to work from. A lot of them are JUST right for this purpose: they're slightly more detailed and larger in dimensions to not look silly when an overworld sprite is "riding" them, but not too large or detailed to also look out of place. ;P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
I got burnt out of coding for a while (I suck at it lol), but I've been working on the Ride Pager system a lot more lately:

Spoiler:

Once it's completely done (which will be soon I hope), I'll post it as a resource.

I also made custom footprint sprites for Klein's Sand Footprints system for all of the mounts:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2019
Could you possibly help with making lava surfing compatible with v17? For those of us that have poor coding experience? :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Could you possibly help with making lava surfing compatible with v17? For those of us that have poor coding experience?

Sorry, but I'm really terrible at coding, and I can barely comprehend the system that Pokemon Essentials uses...

My usual strategy for coding in anything I do is to barely skate by using lots of examples and reverse engineering, but that doesn't really work well with Pokemon Essentials because it's quite messy and undocumented/uncommented, and just finding a section to use as an example and reverse engineer off is very difficult.

Additionally, the surfing system was like, completely rewritten for v17, which means the lava surf code would also need to be completely rewritten (for the most part).

And the nature of the things that were changed with v17 and how they were changed means that my game will never be moving to v17. It would probably take me weeks to untangle all the changes I've made to the code and try to figure out how to reapply them into systems and script sections that have completely changed, been chunked up, and/or moved to other places.

----
tl;dr:

...So I'm sorry to say you're probably gonna have to ask someone else for help.

@mej71 is a very nice guy, you could try asking him how to translate his lava surf code to v17 if he's not too busy.

Last edited:
Back