• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon in BW2 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
^ Perhaps we get an event Togepi like in the Johto games and Pt (not sure if DP had an event Togepi too...). It could have an egg move like extrasensory.

As for Pseudo's I can see them putting them in a hard to reach location/secluded location like they did with Bagon deep in meteor falls, Gible in that cave under the bycycle road.

Uh, I don't really see how Togepi fits in. It's a special Johto thing and other than being the "second", B2W2 doesn't have that many similarities to Johto afaik and having a special Togepi kinda would have no meaning.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
THEY HAVE SKITTY IN WHITE 2, DATZ WHAT'S UP.
Now I'm even more stoked, you just don't even know. It's a shame I can't get both Buneary AND Skitty in one game, though. :c

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Uh, I don't really see how Togepi fits in. It's a special Johto thing and other than being the "second", B2W2 doesn't have that many similarities to Johto afaik and having a special Togepi kinda would have no meaning.

Well they it was in Platinum (though to be honest it was given an evolution in gen IV so that was justification...) so why not B2W2?

All special Pokemon are cool, also Togepi's tend to be rare...

Yay Skitty and Delcatty for White 2 ^_^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Well they it was in Platinum (though to be honest it was given an evolution in gen IV so that was justification...) so why not B2W2?

All special Pokemon are cool, also Togepi's tend to be rare...

Yay Skitty and Delcatty for White 2 ^_^

Oh well I guess that makes sense, but like, there's a lot of other rare Pokemon that could also fill that spot, like Rotom, etc. Togepi isn't really that special imo. :(

Years
Oh I forgot all about Rotom (in Bw that was in an game trade). Maybe someone gives it to the player to take care of because it's too much for them to handle.
Perhaps Zorua will be a gift Pokemon this time around...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah after all the attention Zorua and Zoroark already got, I don't really see it getting an event or anything special in B2W2, as a gift Pokemon it would be okay.

Years
I don't see Zoroark as a gift. I might be wrong as they used to give out that Lv.100 Arceus. I can see Zorua as one... I wonder if we do get these Pokemon in-game where would they be at? Or they could just put in a new location...

Years
I wonder how many species are there per route...it'll be interesting to see what we meet.

I'll like for Milktank and Taurus to appear since classics like Chansey are said to be in these games so why not the classic bolvine Pokemon.

Years
I've heard that the Electabuzz and Skitty lines have been confirmed for the new Pokedex, they will be exclusive to White 2.

The Buneary and Magmar lines will be exclusive to Black 2.

So yeah, first version exclusives confirmed!

Years
I wonder since they didn't say anything about the rest so far if they are within all games...there really doesn't seem to be that many version exclusive Pokemon in these games if so.
I can see Sableye and Mawhile being version exclusive Pokemon too like they were in the old games.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Splitting up some of the previously version-exclusive Pokemon would make sense, but I also like what they did with Skitty and Buneary (separating two similarly cute, two-stage Pokemon). With that said, maybe they'll split up Koffing and Grimer, for example? Though it is curious that version exclusives have only been brought up now.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
They've revealed about 74 of the supposed 145 Gen I-IV Pokemon they're going to include. Roughly 50% already! But with almost double the Pokemon still up for grabs, I wonder what we'll see? They oddly haven't revealed any Bug-types yet, for one.

Based on the upcoming TCG set based on BW2, I'd say we're gonna also get:
Rattata
Raticate
Scyther
Scizor
Heracross
Croagunk
Toxicroak

Years
Scizor and Heracross :D! I sure hope so, I've been desiring for them to be in this game for quite awhile now.

They haven't shown much dark, or ghost types either... I'll like for the Duskull line to be in these games. And so far we only have Ralts for Psychic, and Riolu for fighting...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Or maybe two blob poison types like Grimer and Glupin and the snake Pokemon Seviper and Arbok will be seperated too.

/late.

Even though Seviper and Arbok are both snake-based, I don't see both being version exclusive counterparts because Arbok already evolves from another Pokemon (Ekans), while Seviper doesn't evolve into or from anything. Instead, I can see Zangoose and Seviper as the version exclusive counterparts because of their rivalry.

Regarding the revealed version exclusives, I'm happy that the Elekid line will be in W2, but not so fond about the Skitty line (even though I'm okay with cats, I don't like the Skitty line in terms of battling. They're still cute, though)

Years
^ Don't worry I got you covered.
I'm quite surprised that they chose Loppuny out of all Pokemon for a version exclusive, seems like of random...
Oh right in Ruby and Sapphire those Zangoose and Seviper were exclusives so they might be again.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
tbh even though Skitty is an exclusive for White 2, maybe it'll still have an in-game trade (same for Lopunny) because it's such an unusual exclusive.

Years
I think I can break it down on why they made Skitty and Buneary version-exclusive.

Both are Normal-types in a 2-stage evolution line and both their evolutions have Cute Charm for a non-Dream World ability while the other normal ability has negative effects. Also, both have a feminine appearance.

So, I guess that explains why they are sort-of counterparts.

The Magby and Elekid lines were obvious though.

I'm hoping more version-exclusives will be revealed in coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back