• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon in BW2 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
There will likely be some Pikachu; given the fact that it's the face of Pokémon.

Garchomp would be amazing. Not my favorite of the pseudo dragons, but different a great Pokémon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ xD that's what I said earlier. Yeah Salamence would be cool to see :3. oh and Garchomp...they were the only two pseudo's not available post game BW...
One could make a whole team of Pseudo's to take on Plasma and the E4...

Years
I read a Bulbanews article regarding the recent Pokemon Smash episode.

Buneary and Lapras have been confirmed in the new Unova Pokedex, so I guess that means Lopunny will appear as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I read a Bulbanews article regarding the recent Pokemon Smash episode.

Buneary and Lapras have been confirmed in the new Unova Pokedex, so I guess that means Lopunny will appear as well.

Ya, there's no reason why they wouldn't put in its evo. Buneary doesn't really fit into Unova though, idk only post-game really looks like a place where you'd find wild bunnies. XD;

Years

Ya, there's no reason why they wouldn't put in its evo. Buneary doesn't really fit into Unova though, idk only post-game really looks like a place where you'd find wild bunnies. XD;

I guess the reason they included Buneary and Lopunny was probably due to the heavy marketing it got in the 4th Gen.

Buneary also belonged to a main character in the anime (Dawn).

What they are trying to do with the new Pokedex is include Pokemon popular with fans, such as Lucario and Eevee.

Going by this meaning I could possibly see the Pikachu line getting included given that Pikachu appears in most regional Pokedexes not to mention it being the franchise's mascot.

With this Pokedex, they are sort of learning from what the fans want. They are still trying to target the usual kids audience but also trying to appeal to the older fans too. With 300 Pokemon included in this Dex, it's something most fans really wanted - a massive diversity in available Pokemon.

Do you think I have a point?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I guess the reason they included Buneary and Lopunny was probably due to the heavy marketing it got in the 4th Gen.

Buneary also belonged to a main character in the anime (Dawn).

What they are trying to do with the new Pokedex is include Pokemon popular with fans, such as Lucario and Eevee.

Going by this meaning I could possibly see the Pikachu line getting included given that Pikachu appears in most regional Pokedexes not to mention it being the franchise's mascot.

With this Pokedex, they are sort of learning from what the fans want. They are still trying to target the usual kids audience but also trying to appeal to the older fans too. With 300 Pokemon included in this Dex, it's something most fans really wanted - a massive diversity in available Pokemon.

Do you think I have a point?

Of course you have a point. xD
And really I'd have to agree to a point. But Buneary wasn't the selling point of the fourth gen, it was Arceus. Every ten year old wants one. SO HOPEFULLY, IT WON'T SHOW UP IN THIS GAME, EITHER.

But it even seems like they're somewhat bringing in favorites of their own, which is something I would do if I were them. xD
As long as they bring in Budew or Roselia as a wild Pokemon, I'll be perfectly fine with it. c:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Of course you have a point. xD
And really I'd have to agree to a point. But Buneary wasn't the selling point of the fourth gen, it was Arceus. Every ten year old wants one. SO HOPEFULLY, IT WON'T SHOW UP IN THIS GAME, EITHER.

But it even seems like they're somewhat bringing in favorites of their own, which is something I would do if I were them. xD
As long as they bring in Budew or Roselia as a wild Pokemon, I'll be perfectly fine with it. c:

Hmmm yeah also the fact that a wifi event existed for it recently too plus also the fact that it never was found native to a region anyway, so I think we'll be pretty Arceus-free. :x

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Is It Just Me?

Take a look at some of the foreign Pokemon to be in Unova in B2W2.
There are several Pokemon that haven't been paid much attention since their introduction (Like Mareep, Sunkern and Wingull)

Does this mean that Pokemon that aren't very popular or haven't appeared in a regional dex in a while will re-appear?
Like... Caterpie? :O

blue

gucci
Years
Not necessarily, some are more popular than others for many different reasons, mainly by appearance or stats but I doubt that's the case. It's probably more of a coincidence but they just wanted to mix it up by adding multi regional Pokémon and they happened to fall into that category.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Not exactly. remember, we also have some well-sought Pokemon like Eevee and Riolu, deemed rare throughout the fandom. We also have Beldum and Larvitar who we all know to evolve to some pseudo-legendaries. I think they just like to put in some diversity in Unova.

Years

I can definitely see Budew/Roselia/Roserade as a possibility given that Roselia appeared in Sinnoh a lot and Roserade has one of the highest Sp. Atk stats of any Grass-types.

It was even a popular member of all my 4th Gen main teams, so if they include it I'd definitely consider using it.

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
I hope they have either a Gible or a Bagon early-mid game. Ralts and Starly (Close Combat FTW) would be nice, too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I hope they have either a Gible or a Bagon early-mid game. Ralts and Starly (Close Combat FTW) would be nice, too.

Probably earliest would be around Mistralton Cave if we can still access it, considering what B/W's Unova had. I can't really think of anywhere else dragons would fit tbh.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Probably earliest would be around Mistralton Cave if we can still access it, considering what B/W's Unova had. I can't really think of anywhere else dragons would fit tbh.

I think Route 10 and Victory Road would also be good locations for both Bagon or Gible, as well as their evolved forms, even though that would be a bit too late in the game.

Cid

Years
They might pull off a surprise location for catching the little Dragon-types, though. I mean, wasn't Azurill and Riolu surprising in terms of their locations? Who would have thought that an early Route's tall grass would give out Pokémon like them that quickly?

Although I do remember Marill was an early catch back in RSE.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
They might pull off a surprise location for catching the little Dragon-types, though. I mean, wasn't Azurill and Riolu surprising in terms of their locations? Who would have thought that an early Route's tall grass would give out Pokémon like them that quickly?

Although I do remember Marill was an early catch back in RSE.

I'm guessing the Marill line is early because, let's face it, they're not strong, at all. They get great moves, but that's about it. So I could see why they're early.

Riolu being early is a little surprising, however. but I guess that's just so you can build its happiness up, which you could just do by walking around for 45 minutes, give or take.

Even Milstraton Cave was relatively early, if you think about it. I mean, in these games you don't need a badge to use an HM, so if you were traded a Pokemon that knew Surf, you could just as easily go right to it before you even entered Chargestone Cave for the first time and catch yourself an Axew.

Plus, in Gold and Silver you can get a Dratini right there in Goldenrod, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Dratini and the like early on, too.

Years
Even Milstraton Cave was relatively early, if you think about it. I mean, in these games you don't need a badge to use an HM, so if you were traded a Pokemon that knew Surf, you could just as easily go right to it before you even entered Chargestone Cave for the first time and catch yourself an Axew.

Plus, in Gold and Silver you can get a Dratini right there in Goldenrod, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Dratini and the like early on, too.
Speaking of which, you don't think they would block off areas with pre-evolution pseudo legendaries like Bagon/Beldum/etc. If they caught on to our cheating (I suppose... at the very least unfair) and patched it then won't we have to get some HM Pokemon?

What else will be gifted or traded to us? (Did I remember right that Dratini was a gift?) I mean Eevee can be caught in the wild now (right? my memory is a bit fuzzy) so characters like Bill can't give us that. In HG/SS Claire's grandfather gave us a Dratini with Extremespeed (there we go!) Any hints on other possible gifted Pokemon with special/unique moves or move sets?

Last edited:

Years
^ Perhaps we get an event Togepi like in the Johto games and Pt (not sure if DP had an event Togepi too...). It could have an egg move like extrasensory.

As for Pseudo's I can see them putting them in a hard to reach location/secluded location like they did with Bagon deep in meteor falls, Gible in that cave under the bycycle road.

Years
True. Plus I want more opportunities (in-game too) to get Pokemon w/egg moves. I don't raise up eggs. NEVER. Unless the Pokemon inside gets you something. Sort of Example: Prof. Elm and the Togepi.

Years
I don't beleive there were any gift Pokemon in BW usually there's at least one gift Pokemon whether it's hatched or not...
Perhaps we get a castform egg with moves like Hydro pump (I'm not even sure if it can learn this), Fire blast, and Blizzard ^_^ (oh I wish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back