• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Wait, why was Kris not in again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    I have to agree that she is a fassion disaster personally. Kris was what got me to use a female character in the games lol. Support the roots people lol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    In my opinion, what Crystal introduced was the playable female, not Kris as is. We have a playable female so technically that Crystal feature was never removed as most people seem to be implying.

Of course, I'm probably just biased because Kris was my least favorite female. It's not that she's ugly or that I didn't like her, I just like the new girl better. I appreciate being able to play as someone who actually looks like me. My not being blinded by nostalgia also helps, since I didn't actually play Crystal until I was almost 14. I like the new girl's hair (it's pretty damn close to Kris's as is!), I like her clothes, and I love her hat. D:

If you insist on bashing her, at least wait for the game to come out and see how much of an emotionless drone she is. :/

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • If they were to remove the Crystal-exclusive features for HGSS, it would almost be a downgrade in terms of storyline. :/

I'm with Melodyfree about Kris being my least favorite female heroine. Yes, it was a breakthrough to finally play as a female, but I prefer other leads to her, including the new girl. I don't really mind the new girl's outfit either, since I always perceived the fashion sense for all of the girls to be somewhat odd. :x

I wouldn't mind seeing Kris getting an appearance though. They may not have made her a main character, but I doubt Game Freak has completely forgotten about Kris. o____o

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind seeing Kris getting an appearance though. They may not have made her a main character, but I doubt Game Freak has completely forgotten about Kris. o____o
    That's exactly how I feel.... :D
    If gamefreak has not forgotten Eusiene then Kris should also not be forgotten.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Because they felt like it or coarse,
    They don't have to have some kind of huge mystery behind everything they do
    they probably just thought that Soul is cuter o3o
    and just didn't want to use our blue haired friend this time around

I wouldn't mind for Kris to make an appearance though, that'd be nice :D

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
    Years
  • They Just Didn't Want To Put Her In The Game.....The Same Way The Main Character In Pokemon Red,And Blue Wasn't The Same Main Character In Pokemon FireRed And LeafGreen.....

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • What's everyones beef with the new girl? I think she's fine, I personally like the look of brown hair and that red and white and blue outfit. Looks very Pokemon-ish.

Serpine

Student of Dragons
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    I detested Dawn, all the others were ok, but my favourites are in this order:
    1. Brendan
    2. Lucas (Plat)
    3. Lucas (D/P)
    4. Red (FR/LG)
    5. May
    6. Blue (FR/LG)
    7. Dawn (Pearl)
    8. Dawn (Plat)

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Why Gamefreak decided to redesign the female character in these remakes, we may never know. There are still a few months left, so maybe someone who works there might say why in an interview between now and then, if someone happens to ask.

Besides, the new girl is kind of cute, in a way.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    The reason why has always been announced by the creators - they want to make it more than a remake, they want to make it feel more like a new game. New game = new heroine.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • Un, I miss the old Kris... She was basically a combination of Dawn and May, except slightly cooler. Sure her outfit made her look like one of those people that run miles from 4:00 in the morning to 12:00 in the afternoon... but honestly i think it's better than some cowgirl with looooong socks and a huge hat. o_O Plus, if yu look at the official artwork, Soul's Brown hair isn't nearly as "sharp" as what Kris's was. I'm convinced they ditched the 2nd coolest female character. (first being Blue/Leaf)

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    its most likely shell have a Cameo... but the new girl is still pretty damn cute

Xashlei

Contest Nerd
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2009
    I think they just wanted to give fanservice. Kris looked more boyish than the new girl, imo. So they went for the cute look--and I think they overdid it.

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
    Years
  • As we all know, Kris is not the female player for HG/SS but rather a new girl. For a while I was wondering why she wasn't put in, but a number of people said that these are G/S remakes, and not Crystal remakes. This made sense for me, so I left it at that.

However, we now know that Eusine is going to be in the remakes. What I don't get is why Gamefreak didn't put in Kris, the female player from Crystal, but they decided to put in Eusine, a Crystal exclusive character.

Note that while I would have preferred Kris, I don't have anything against this new character. I'm just curious (and a bit confused :P).
    There are two reasons behind this:

1 - They are not making a crystal remake, so they are not going to add the crystal girl Kris
    2 - Kris and Gold do not even remotely look similar, the FR and LG players looked alike so they made a girl that looked similar to Gold (soul now) and her name is Heart.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • There are two reasons behind this:

1 - They are not making a crystal remake, so they are not going to add the crystal girl Kris
    2 - Kris and Gold do not even remotely look similar, the FR and LG players looked alike so they made a girl that looked similar to Gold (soul now) and her name is Heart.
    1 - Then, can you answer :Why can I see some of the crystal elements in the remakes of G/S?
    2 - Its not about looks! It never was! Do you find anything similar in Brendan and May or even Lucas and Dawn? I really don't find your reason fitting to be a reason because of which Kris was removed. Its not very logical.

Please don't get mad but I am just telling what I feel. I too think that the new girl is kinda cute and and her OW is also good but I certainly can't see a rock-solid reason for which Kris can not even get a cameo! And I am one of the people who don't believe that the new girl is Kris. I don't oppose the new girl but am confused (like shadow lugia) for why Kris was replaced. All in all, I think that if Kris is replaced then its okay. But, she not getting even a cameo is NOT OKAY!

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • I really don't see the reason for this whole new girl thing. Maybe they wanted her to look more natural? Like solaris said, we may never know. They might give Kris a cameo. (hopefully)

At least it still has a female player

I would have went on a rampage of destruction if they didn't let you play as a girl. That would not have been cool at all.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I guess that's correct. Dawn? No way!! >_<

But she may at least get a cameo in HG/SS as there's still time before the release.
    sorry if it sounded lyk i was trying to be "rude".

woops wrong person

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back