• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Game Boy Fanboy Club! (Fangirls allowed)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I did get my Game Boy Advanced console primarily for Pokémon, yes. It had Ruby and Sapphire available when I first went out to buy one, which seemed to be very promising; have seen some advertisements of these two games on television, and have been wanting to get my hands on a copy and play ever since. When I was finally able, it really excited me; have enjoyed each and every second of going through it, really!

On top of this, GBA also had support for GBC cartridges, which is great, because back then, there were a ton of Game Boy Color games that I had yet to successfully get done; this gave me a chance to keep the opportunity alive, because when purchasing a set of GBA, I traded my GBC in so that I'd be able to save some money and whatnot (it wasn't much, unfortunately, but still).

Similar things apply for DS. As for 3DS, however, this is a bit of different story; I wound up getting this console for many series all-together (StarFox and Legend of Zelda would be great examples), and not solely one.

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
    Years
  • Username:KamikazeSSoH
    Favorite Game Boy (you can include the colour as well): Game Boy Advance
    I Won for my birthday whit Pokemon Sapphire. so you know the rest. thats my favorite because i did not played the Original Game Boy or Game Boy Colour only my brother had the chance to play whit it.
    Favorite Game Boy Game: GBC : Pokemon Gold GBA : Super Mario Advance 4
    Answer to current topic: Game Boy Colour was a better version of the Game Boy. i think it helped for next Game Boy and for me to Learn that every game was not black and white for me(TV was sh*t back then at least my to play SNES/N64 :/)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I should join here because i really still love gameboy no matter how many upgrades they give the new systems :)
    Username:Dedenne1
    Favorite Game Boy (you can include the color as well): The gameboy mini pokemon edition (i want it but like new its like $300)
    Favorite Game Boy Game: Oh wow hard..... Well ill narrow it down to pokemon and say yellow because that was the reason i bought a gameboy for yellow and it was hard but fun!
    Answer to current topic:

Do you consider the Game Boy to be a Pokemon machine?

Yes only because in my opinion without pokemon the gameboy never would have been as popular i mean face it most systems by Nintendo wouldnt have much without pokemon.....

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I should join here because i really still love gameboy no matter how many upgrades they give the new systems :)
    Username:Dedenne1
    Favorite Game Boy (you can include the color as well): The gameboy mini pokemon edition (i want it but like new its like $300)
    Favorite Game Boy Game: Oh wow hard..... Well ill narrow it down to pokemon and say yellow because that was the reason i bought a gameboy for yellow and it was hard but fun!
    Answer to current topic:

Do you consider the Game Boy to be a Pokemon machine?

Yes only because in my opinion without pokemon the gameboy never would have been as popular i mean face it most systems by Nintendo wouldnt have much without pokemon.....
    Umm.... no. The Game Boy was a huge success due to Tetris, not Pokemon like eight years later

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Umm.... no. The Game Boy was a huge success due to Tetris, not Pokemon like eight years later

Well thats not what I said it was a success but it wouldnt been as succesful without pokemon in my opinion but its just an opinion so not 100% debatable ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Tetris sold 32.26 million copies, while Red and Blue sold 23.64 million copies.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Username: Bruce Banner
    Favorite Game Boy (you can include the color as well): The orange and green Gameboy SP
    Favorite Game Boy Game: Kirby's Adventure in Dreamland. There were many fun games on the GBA but this is one of the games I remember most. This was one of the first Kirby games I play, and I remember like on world 7 where you have to fight Metaknight as a boss battle, and it always astounded me every time as a little kid. I thought that as a character he was so cool for some reason. Such a fun, easy game.
    Answer to current topic: Some of the best Pokemon games were on the Gameboy, but I think that it would be better to see them on a console. I would rather play a game like ORAS on the Wii U than the 3DS. The Gameboy is knwon foor their Pokemon games, but awesome games like Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, Metroid, LoZ, Golden Sun, Final Fantasy, WarioWare made leaps and bound on the gameboy.

Back