• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon: Blossom of the Soul

Years
  • Pokémon: Blossom of the Soul
    R6jzGPb.png

Pokémon: Blossom of the Soul is completed and now is available!
    The next game in my list of fan games, it's finally here, to make the year an awesome one for everyone!
    I spent a ton of time on this game and making sure it's pretty different than my other previous fan games.
    There's so many changes and new features, some brought back from The Camry Legend, and some completely new.
    These important changes definitely set it apart from the others. Let's take a look.
    Without further ado, let the list begin! (Credits for these new features below in "Credits" section)

New & Updated Features
    A Completely New Region! - Say hello to the Caracara region! More info below.
    Overworld Encounters - Huge change! Now, wild Pokémon are visible in the overworld, as they are in Sword and Shield. However, if overworld encounters aren't your thing, using Honey (bought in any Mart), or Sweet Scent in the grass or in a cave will force a random wild encounter, as in old generations. Honey can actually be registered as an instant-use item as well.
    Skilled Mode - Skilled Mode scales wild and opponent-owned Pokémon to be a bit higher or lower depending on your team. Looking for a challenge? Try Skilled Mode!
    Randomizer Mode - Every wild encounter and gift Pokémon is completely random. Overworld encounters appear the same, but are random once the battle commences.
    Single Pokémon Run - The ability to choose any Pokémon at all (all 890 in-game) to use, without getting more, no evolution. Option in the beginning of the game.
    Newest Mechanics - Fairy-type, Mega Evolution, Exp. Candy, Mints, they're all here.
    Multiple Save Files - The maximum amount of saves is 10, which is plenty to have.
    The Move Master - The Move Master, in every Pokémon Center, can relearn moves, delete moves, check Hidden Power types, and check friendship levels.
    Pokémon Birthsigns - They appear as small icons on a Pokémon's summary page. Check the in-game Pokégear to read more about them.
    The Stats Judge - Now in the Summary screen. Super helpful to see which stats a Pokémon excels or does not excel in.
    Unreal Time System - The game runs the Unreal Time System, which means time runs faster in-game than real life. Specific daily events, however, still depend on real-life days.
    Generation 8 Pokémon & Moves - This one is huge! Gen. 8 Pokémon and moves are now available to be used. This also includes all past generations, and Galarian Forms as well.
    Walking Pokémon - Walk alongside your favorite Pokémon, and this includes the previously-mentioned Generation 8 Pokémon. Press 'Ctrl' to enable and disable following Pokémon.
    Pokémon Box System - A returning feature, the ability to access the Pokémon Storage System anywhere..
    Updated Movesets - All Pokémon in-game have their Sword & Shield movesets. However, due to the removal of moves in said game, I added the removed move to the Pokémon's movesets via TM, Egg Move, or to be remembered at the Move Master.
    Updated Day Care mechanics - The Day Care works as it does in Generation 7 and later; no leveling up, just for breeding and finding Pokémon Eggs.
    Other Pokémon Changes - In my older games, a lot of details on Pokémon were incorrect, especially Generation 6. These have been fixed! This includes Abilities and movesets.
    Improved Quest System - The Quest System has received an update, and looks better than before. There are 25 Quests in total.
    Generation 5 & 6 Back Sprite Edits - The Generation 5 and 6 back sprites looked odd before. Now, they look much better. (Again, credits below.)
    Beldum - Yes, Beldum is still available.
    HM Items - Field moves are still usable, but can also be used by special Key Items you receive throughout your journey, such as the Pickaxe, Flashlight, and Super Feather.
    Speed-Up Button - It's here, for those who want it. Press 'Alt' to enable or disable anytime. This speeds up the game considerably.
    Gen. 6 Exp. Share mechanics - The Exp. Share in-game works as it does in Generation 6 of Pokémon.

The Caracara Region!
    UNKRQp9.png

The Caracara region is the new region in the spotlight this time! It's based on the Florida Keys, part of Miami, Florida, parts of the Everglades, and even the Bermuda Triangle!
    it's comprised of several islands, which can all be reached by boat.

The Story
    With the new region, brings a whole new story! It is separate from my other games, which is different than usual. You do not have to play my older games to understand the story.
    However, some parts of the story will make more sense if you play Tentin Redux, The Light in Our Hearts, and The Camry Legend 2 before hopping in this game!

The Caracara region, although far apart from Camry, Tentin, or Dulyn, is a popular destination for all Trainers in the entire world. Due to its status as a melting pot, many opposing ideas
    combine.
    Many years before the events of the story, a mysterious group of people named the Island Protection Squad pledged to revive the region, which was struggling with climate change and pollution.
    Unfortunately, the group assumed too much power, and destroyed one of the islands. Due to this sudden act, they were banished from the region, then later disbanded.
    Present day, you and your friend go on a journey with two characters, a kind girl named Myrtle, and a mysterious, aggressive, and sword-wielding girl nicknamed Blade. You travel through the
    Caracara region, still feeling the effects of the Island Protection Squad all those years ago.

Pokémon Locations
    Although the Pokédex works this time around, I'll list them here, just for the convenience.
    In version 1.0.8 and later, the Pokégear also has a feature that allows you to see all the encounters in an area, now making this section a little useless, but still.
    This list includes all areas of the complete version of the game, and Pokémon are listed from top to bottom, by rarity. Long list.
    Spoiler:

Mega Stone Locations
    Spoiler:

TM Locations
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Bugfixes
    Spoiler:

Older Bugfixes
    Spoiler:

Known Bugs & Oversights
    Spoiler:

Download
    Version 1.3.0, December 20th, 2020
    Download HERE

Website
    Currently, there is a wiki of Blossom of the Soul on Wikia, started by me, and edited all by me. It's hard work, and nowhere near done, but if you want to read more about the game's backstory
    and lore, give it a read here.

Discord
    I finally made a Discord for Pokémon: Blossom of the Soul. It's for chatting with other people who play this game, reporting bugs, and weekly challenges. And now, with my next game already being on the horizon, you can suggest any feature you think you'd like to see in my game, and I'd be glad to hear it. Anyone is welcome to join. If you message me on Discord, I'll respond quicker because PokéCommunity notifications are odd sometimes.
    Join here.

Credits
    This is a long list, and I listed everyone, but knowing me, I probably missed one. If I did, please tell me.
    Spoiler:

I hope you all enjoy your time in the Caracara region! You are all breathtaking.
    Your feedback is important.
    If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or cries of outrage, feel free to reach out to me! I'll respond as quickly as possible. I'm always doing nothing anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
  • New bugfix is out. I did it as fast as I could. I couldn't replicate the time skip feature crashing the game on my side, so I couldn't fix it. The other bugs are fixed, however. I hope you all enjoy!

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • What's the story going to be like in this game? While I don't mind more casual Pokemon games, I find myself preferring fan games or ROM hacks which present a more mature and well-written storyline.

I'm still going to check this out, though!

Years
  • What's the story going to be like in this game? While I don't mind more casual Pokemon games, I find myself preferring fan games or ROM hacks which present a more mature and well-written storyline.

I'm still going to check this out, though!

The story will be much different from my last games. It'll definitely be more mature and serious in parts than my other games.. I'll try my best for it to be well-written. This game will focus more on the characters, story and also exploration more. I'm also hoping to have a branching storyline so the player also has a larger part in the story.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    I think the stats for scorbunny are messed up...it has high special defense and low speed for some reason. I think it's base speed and sp. def are switched. Not sure if this is intentional or not. Also unsure if this occurs with other mons...

Years
  • I think the stats for scorbunny are messed up...it has high special defense and low speed for some reason. I think it's base speed and sp. def are switched. Not sure if this is intentional or not. Also unsure if this occurs with other mons...

I'll have to check that, and the other Gen. 8 Pokémon, just to be safe. If you also check the in-game Advanced Dex feature, it'll list the base stats of the Pokémon as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    I tried to play the 3/24 update, but there seems to be some graphical issues and errors. The title screen displays as all black and the next screen displays as all white. I was able to randomly select the option for a new game, but I got this error before I could proceed to naming my character.

Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 4 (coords 2,14), map 1 ():

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: TextEntry:1208:in `pbStartScene'undefined method `width' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:

pbTrainerName

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

TextEntry:1546:in `pbStartScreen'

TextEntry:1620:in `pbEnterText'

TextEntry:1617:in `pbFadeOutIn'

TextEntry:1617:in `pbEnterText'

TextEntry:1627:in `pbEnterPlayerName'

PSystem_Utilities:721:in `pbTrainerName'

(eval): 1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `eval'

Years
  • I tried to play the 3/24 update, but there seems to be some graphical issues and errors. The title screen displays as all black and the next screen displays as all white. I was able to randomly select the option for a new game, but I got this error before I could proceed to naming my character.

Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 4 (coords 2,14), map 1 ():

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: TextEntry:1208:in `pbStartScene'undefined method `width' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:

pbTrainerName

TextEntry:1546:in `pbStartScreen'

TextEntry:1620:in `pbEnterText'

TextEntry:1617:in `pbFadeOutIn'

TextEntry:1617:in `pbEnterText'

TextEntry:1627:in `pbEnterPlayerName'

PSystem_Utilities:721:in `pbTrainerName'

(eval): 1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `eval'

I know the issue. I uploaded the wrong files somehow... I must have been real tired yesterday. I'll have to upload it again but with the actual files later today.

Back