• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Protagonist outfit symbol

Years
  • https://twitter.com/TKHdeR/status/1365337177979162624?s=20

People noticed that the logo on the protagonists' outfit looks strikingly similar to the Team Galactic logo, and Japanese readers have found a connection. As per the above tweet:

Hello world. New logo can be read "銀"(gin). This Kanji also used in "銀河"(ginga). "Ginga" means "Galactic". As you can see, it's resembles Team Galactic's logo very much. I'm sure it's NOT a coincidence.

logo.png

What do you guys think may be the connection here?

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • That's wild, now I'm getting my hopes up that we finally get to play as the bad guys in a Pokémon game

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    That's a really interesting find! While I'm not sure we'll be playing as a Team Galactic member in this game, we could possibly see the "origins" of Team Galactic's identity so to speak. Maybe this is a prototype team that involves going after Arceus? We could even see Cyrus' ancestors or even a different villain so to speak that becomes the precedent for Cyrus to make Team Galactic in the future.

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • That's a really interesting find! While I'm not sure we'll be playing as a Team Galactic member in this game, we could possibly see the "origins" of Team Galactic's identity so to speak. Maybe this is a prototype team that involves going after Arceus? We could even see Cyrus' ancestors or even a different villain so to speak that becomes the precedent for Cyrus to make Team Galactic in the future.

Omg, this is a very good theory!
    They might not be villans but people who protect the ancient beasts, Cyrus just took it to the next level crazy! =O

pkmin3033

The Professor is the main villain who has tasked you with creating a Pokedex so they can capture Arceus, calling it now.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong because that's Gen 3's plot thread *again* but it's Game Freak and this is giving me weird vibes. May this post age horribly and it be something completely different!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind the contrast of having an actual evil professor for once. Someone who's searching for as much information as they can about Pokemon in the region so they can create a team of Pokemon strong enough to control everyone else/take on god.

Maybe they continue with the alternate timeline Cyrus and have him become a professor now in a time that's lacking any real scientific progress? The Distortion world is also wholly unexplored and time is said to be weird within it. There was also this leak as well that can be taken into consideration for the argument of it being "our" Cyrus since this is "supposed" to be the portal to the distortion world atop Mt. Coronet.
    EvLEmaJWYA8JJTQ

Perhaps time's unnatural flow within the distortion world or his success in taming one of the legendary space/time duo could be reasonably explained to have him here in this time, regardless of his current pursuit.

Years
  • While I'd quite enjoy playing a game where you have the classic "but wait, I thought you were the good guy! You tricked me!" or even a straight up game where we are the bad guy, I don't see it happening in a pokemon game.
    I think the closest we'll get is a psuedo origin story for team galactic, since Pokemon have prefered having villain teams that operate in a bit of a grey area in a sense that they have good intentions but they do it in all the wrong ways (eternatus as being a cleaner power source, team plasma wanting to stop pokemon being slaves, etc). I could see them being rebranded as wanting to recreate the universe to somehow benefit mankind, but are blissfully choosing to ignore the fact that it would kill everyone, and the main character is drafted to help them in someway without realising the bigger picture.

Maybe they continue with the alternate timeline Cyrus and have him become a professor now in a time that's lacking any real scientific progress?...
    God I hope you aren't right with this one. Time travel stories require a lot of work going into them to avoid any plotholes and I don't think GF have it in them to pull it off without ballsing it up.

Back