• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] have u heard about a third dlc leak?

Years
  • Lately people started to give attention to one leak specifically, saying that a third dlc for swo/shi could be released in 2021. In the same leak there were info about a gen4 remake being different and a new legArc project. Indeed, the leaker was right about the two new games, on the other hand I can't say weather they're right on the third dlc. I mean, on the one hand, the last pokémon presents covered the whole year 2021 and also half of the next year with legends Arceus, therefore if they had another main project they should have already told us, I guess. On the other hand tho, till 2022 we won't have new games, maybe just in november 2022 a gen9 game may be released but i m quite skeptic about it. Therefore, this means that till 2022/2023 the main game will still be pokémon swo/shi. Also, other reasons why a third dlc may be released are: finally introduce all the left pokemon and maybe update the copetitive. what do u think?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have a hard time believing that they will release another bit of DLC for SwSh. I think they've largely moved on from it now, their focus is on BDSP and Legends: Arceus.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Leans towards no more paid downloadable content. Will probably introduce the remaining Pokemon through the Diamond/Pearl remakes, Arceus: Legends, and/or perhaps a future Let's Go?

Wonders what would be in a hypothetical downloadable content. Just another Isle of Armor (complete with new legendary)? An old or experimental battle mode (such as Inverse battles and Battle Royale)? Further evolution of Max Raids? Maybe an anime tie-in?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Never believe leaks you hear online, they could be trolls. Even if a leak account is "Creditable" it could be wrong. I doubt we're getting a third dlc, at this point, if we were, it'd have been announced on Pokemon Day, don't you think?

Years
  • Leans towards no more paid downloadable content. Will probably introduce the remaining Pokemon through the Diamond/Pearl remakes, Arceus: Legends, and/or perhaps a future Let's Go?

Wonders what would be in a hypothetical downloadable content. Just another Isle of Armor (complete with new legendary)? An old or experimental battle mode (such as Inverse battles and Battle Royale)? Further evolution of Max Raids? Maybe an anime tie-in?

I just think it would be mainly to introduce the left pokèmon and btw I don't think those will be introduced in the remakes and in legends arceus. I am pretty sure in these games we will have a cut pokédex. In the remakes there will probably be just pokémon from gen 1 to gen 4 + mega evolutions

Never believe leaks you hear online, they could be trolls. Even if a leak account is "Creditable" it could be wrong. I doubt we're getting a third dlc, at this point, if we were, it'd have been announced on Pokemon Day, don't you think?

indeed, that's what I thought too. anyway, it just seems to be for pokemon snap lol. Anyway, I was just hoping it was for swo/shi because it's really terrible the fact that not all pokemon are there....

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    I just think it would be mainly to introduce the left pokèmon and btw I don't think those will be introduced in the remakes and in legends arceus. I am pretty sure in these games we will have a cut pokédex. In the remakes there will probably be just pokémon from gen 1 to gen 4 + mega evolutions
    Designed Pokemon Home as a hub for all of your Pokemon, though. How can it be called that if it cannot even fully connect two Switch games to Sword/Shield?

Checked Serebii. Cannot obtain 234 Pokemon in Sword/Shield currently. Counted 63 Pokemon from Generation 5-7. Leaves 171 in Generations 1-4. Accounts for a large chunk of missing Pokemon with just the Diamond/Pearl remakes.

Edit: Realized this is the case for some Pokemon in Let's Go. Stands regardless.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Designed Pokemon Home as a hub for all of your Pokemon, though. How can it be called that if it cannot even fully connect two Switch games to Sword/Shield?

Checked Serebii. Cannot obtain 234 Pokemon in Sword/Shield currently. Counted 63 Pokemon from Generation 5-7. Leaves 171 in Generations 1-4. Accounts for a large chunk of missing Pokemon with just the Diamond/Pearl remakes.

Edit: Realized this is the case for some Pokemon in Let's Go. Stands regardless.

indeed. i just think we are gonna have a cut dex in the remakes as well, unfortunately...

Back