• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Always two versions. Wait...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Don't you think it's strange that there's only one title being released? Granted, it has the major legendary of Sinnoh in its name and there isn't really a counterpart, and it's likely they will make more titles in this series later on to feature other past regions and legendaries, but still... It's been their money making scheme since forever. Is trading between versions to fill up your pokedex finally a thing of the past?

Years
  • Don't you think it's strange that there's only one title being released? Granted, it has the major legendary of Sinnoh in its name and there isn't really a counterpart, and it's likely they will make more titles in this series later on to feature other past regions and legendaries, but still... It's been their money making scheme since forever. Is trading between versions to fill up your pokedex finally a thing of the past?

To be fair it is releasing alongside another title that DOES have two versions. I don't think even Gamefreak could justify releasing 4 games in the span of two months.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That's fair. Wouldn't it have been ideal to spend some more time developing Legends then, and release two versions a bit later on? :)

Years
  • I would be raising eyebrows a lot if they released two versions of both Legends and BDSP in the span of a few months yeah. Two versions aren't necessary either, since they're basically the same game with minor differences.. but we're all too used to Pokémon doing that since it's been going from the start.

Happily will take one of this, it's all we need. ❤️

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Honestly I totally didn't even register the fact that there was only one... huh. Total break from series tradition, but I like it. Not that out of place in the most non traditional main series game ever.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It could be that they do want to break away from that formula tbh yeah.

Years
  • thank goodness they're not, tbh. at one point i thought i'd collect the other versions for the sake of collecting, but that's an expensive hobby and i just don't really care as much, anymore. Game Freak/ILC/whoever other company devs future pokemon games can stick with singular titles. it's refreshing. c:

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I imagine it's partly because they're really shaking up the traditional gameplay formula, so they're being cautious by releasing only one version to prevent splitting their market. It's never been a problem before since all main games have been very similar from generation to generation, but Arceus is a pretty drastic departure from "normal" Pokemon games so that might be why. Good for us imo, version exclusives sucked for me since I don't like having to trade for them.

Back