• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Coffee Guy Rants: Having to work again

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Part of this article series! Gist - humourous article in which character rants about silly stuff. Minor 4th wall breakage is also possible. Examples in that thread.

34.png

For the first article in the series, I feel it may be fun to have the above fellow complain about the RBY re-release (making it nice and relevant for many readers!) and having to actually do stuff again for the new players. Sure, it may be great for the players to enjoy the original games again for the anniversary, but think about him! He has to lie in the middle of the road again for everyone, then teach them how to catch a Weedle whenever someone wants to perform the Missingno glitches.

That's not all either - think of the poor bug catchers who have to stand around to get beaten up! And all this because of some 20th anniversary? It's just a round number, guys!

Thoughts? Also fine with suggestions for relevant things he can rant about.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Ooh, I like this idea!

Think about those poor Rockets too, they all have to get their asses kicked again, because the organization still can't get them any better Pokémon than Zubat and Rattata. Also, there's the poor Safari Zone warden, who's completely ununderstandable again without his teeth.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Depending on how far you want to go with it, you could mention about how Giovanni had to come back from wherever he disappeared to in order to have Team Rocket be actively under his leadership again. All so he could get beat by a ten-year-old again so he can disappear again.

This idea has potential, and I can already see some parts of it in my mind.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
How about ending it with things that he actually enjoys? Like watching Trainers suffer with the difficulty/level curve.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Cheers for the suggestions; think all of those are usable! Not sure if I'll end on a positive note as in my mind the character is just grumpy, but him acknowledging some positives seems fine and dare I say fun to do as well.

Back