• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen You are only allowed one pokemon

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
This is a tough one... probably Aggron, though!

Not very commonly used but pretty strong offensively and defensively. Also pretty similar to Tyranitar, which is my fav of all time.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Give me a Shedinja and I'll be happy. I've always thought it was interesting with its unique ability and obtaining method, but it wasn't until having an outbreak of periodical cicadas and finding their shells all over the place that I made the connection and really fell in love with it. (Turning something that looks like an insect corpse into a Bug/Ghost Pokémon is just perfect!) I also dig its aesthetic, reminding me of some kind of ancient relic. I could easily see it on my team IRL.

Last edited:

Rixe

Space Charkie
Years
I'm doing a solo with Luvdisc. I'm starting to like him, but I don't think I'd have him as my Forevermon.

I don't really like many Gen 3 natives. I'd probably choose Grumpig. It's a jolly pig that dances to mind control.

FactoriesFarAway

Youngster
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
For practicality reasons, probably something like Wailord or Whiscash. If I could choose any Pokemon without any HM restrictions, I'd take Ninjask.

Lil_Mew19

I'm soft uwu
Years
Oofles, just one? Gah, that's a toughie.

I would have to choose between these three:

Skarmory: it flies, it's pretty strong, and it has a pretty good moveset to choose from.
Manectric: It's super fast, it's loyal, and I love it's overall appearance.
Breloom: It packs quite a punch with it's moveset options, and it is certainly one of the cuter ones I've seen.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Relicanth obviously! One of the most badass Pokémon there is and cute to boot. Has some decent utility around the map too but mostly just looking forward to years of headbutting into everything at rocket speed.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i have soloed with blaziken before, many moons ago. i could probably go with altaria too like. you can teach it so many different things and cover a lot of bases. ice beam / flamethrower / dragon claw / earthquake = checkmate

also u can take a nap on it so who's the real winner here

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 16, 2019
Salamence. It can fly, it's strong, and looks badass. Can learn a ton of coverage moves.

Last edited:

starryAstrophysicist

Gazing up at the sun, moon, and stars
Years
I'd have to go with Sharpedo. It's such a cool Pokemon, semi-decent in battles, and can surf me around Hoenn's island towns at lightning speeds! Plus, with Crunch, Surf, Ice Fang, and Earthquake, I could probably even defeat the Elite Four.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Gardevoir because she is my partner on Pokken.

They are exclusively loyal to their trainers, and they're part Fairy which slays one of the largest threat-- Dragons!

Although I do love Altaria, Absol, Milotic, Latias and Swampert as well.

calenlily

Water trainer with a Rowlet addiction
Years
I'd be torn between Pelipper and Blaziken.

Pelipper was MVP of my water monotype: it can fly, it can surf, give it Shock Wave and it can zap everything it comes across while crossing all those water routes, toss in Ice Beam to make dragons cry and it's got pretty incredible coverage.

On the other hand, Blaziken is just so good, and quite versatile as well. I love double-kicking the stuffing out of Team Aqua every time I play Sapphire because all their water-types are dark dual-types. And in Emerald it gets Thunder Punch by move tutor, so it can hold its own against other water-types pretty well too.

Back