• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is it too late to join the adventure?

Years
  • Recently i've been debating on buying Alpha Sapphire. I've been playing pokemon Y ever since it came out, but never bought either of the remakes. I was wondering if it was too late to start playing one of the remakes. Sun and Moon aren't so far away, so I can't decide on buying one of the remakes now, or waiting for Sun and Moon to come out. What do you guys think? Buy a remake to start a new adventure? Or wait for a completely new region? (Keep in mind I haven't completely played through any of the origional games, Ruby and Sapphire. I've only played up to about the 2nd gym badge.)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    yes, it can never be too late. if you are not done by the time S/M comes out, then just play both.

Years
  • Like the others said, it's not too late to start playing OR/AS. We know the new generation comes out in November but if you can't finish by then you could always play both OR/AS and S/M and get twice the fun, exploring a well-loved region as well as experiencing a brand new adventure.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Not too late at all, in fact it's the perfect time really. Before Sun/Moon comes out, and every month there are legedaries avalible for RS and XY :D Even if you get them on one game, I reccomend snaging as many of them as possible. The games are also pretty easy to find, even with the case and all in stores :) Probably new copies even. I could not reccomend these games more, even if you played R/S/E it's just more nostalgic :P

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • Sun and Moon is still 5 months away and ORAS took me like 10 days beat. I found it shorter than X and Y, but a lot more post-game content that you can chip away at while you wait for Sun and Moon. I was late starting ORAS myself (a month or so ago). It's nothing you won't be able to complete by the time the next generation is out. Hope you enjoy the game!

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • Never too late to start!

I found Ruby and Sapphire to be really fun, so especially if you've never played too far into the originals, I would suggest grabbing one of the remakes! I remember the original games fondly enough, but it was cool seeing them in more modern graphics, and with more features and what not. They almost have a better effect on people who haven't played the originals, since they wouldn't know what to expect as far as story and locations go.

Would recommend. c:

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Like all have had said, of course its not too late to join the adventure! :D

I tend to restart my games (of course after transferring my important Pokémon to my other game) to go through the game once again, also people everyday are playing the old Pokémon games for the first time. Pokémon is Pokémon, nothing can go wrong with it :)

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I just managed to get my hands on a cheap used Nintendo 3DS, and I just ordered a used copy of Omega Ruby off of Amazon which will probably arrive in the next week or so. I know I kept saying I would never get back into the main pokemon franchise, but once I saw how cheap the 3DS I found was, I just couldn't pass it up, plus I just love Hoenn and the third generation so I'm glad I can finally play the remake that everyone keeps saying so many good things about.
    I'm totally skipping X &Y and just going to play Omega Ruby until Moon comes out.
    To stay more relevant to the topic, I don't think it's too late for you because it doesn't feel too late for me to join. :D
    Btw, thank you for making this thread so that I didn't have to make a thread about having bought myself a 3DS and Omega Ruby as my first new game on the system.

Back