• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

___ Simulator 20XX

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • kH15BB6.jpg

Rock Simulator's IndieGoGo Page said:
    "For a long time, there has been one game missing from the market, a genuine rock simulator. I am here for you today to introduce you to Rock Simulator 2014. This simulator is a rock enthusiasts dream. You can watch beautiful rocks in any location in the world. From grass plains to salt flats, there are dozens of hand designed BEAUTIFUL environments."
    No folks, you did not read that wrong. Current ranked #1 on all of Steam's Community Greenlight program, Rock Simulator is exactly what it sounds like: looking at rocks. It is only one of a handful of bizarre games in this unheard of genre which reenacts an "everyday" experience for the average gamer, including but not limited to Goat Simulator, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator, Surgeon Simulator, etc. etc. Ultimately, this begs the question: why do you think some of these games are so popular? What would you say is the "hook" of this genre of gaming? Have you yourself bought a Simulator game? If you haven't bought one before, why haven't you?

Feel free to discuss all related topics to this down below!

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I initially thought this was going to poke fun at Tree Simulator 2014: Treeloaded.

I've never heard of Rock Simulator until now... and that sounds so much better.

...I don't have a serious answer to the topic right now. I'm still trying to understand why I enjoy playing things like Surgeon Simulator 2013 and Ampu-Tea, or why I still want to buy Goat Sim when I have already watched one of my favorite LPers demo everything you can do in it in less than an hour.

TY

What. Steam is a joke right now for having this even on Greenlight.

I guess people like to mess around in things that happen in a daily life, but I just simply don't get how popular they seem to get :/

I never bought one and never will since they simply do not appeal to me and Goat sim + this one ruined everything to make me even think of buying one of those games.

gg no re Steam.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • What. Steam is a joke right now for having this even on Greenlight.

I guess people like to mess around in things that happen in a daily life, but I just simply don't get how popular they seem to get :/

I never bought one and never will since they simply do not appeal to me and Goat sim + this one ruined everything to make me even think of buying one of those games.

gg no re Steam.

If it makes you feel any better, I believe Rock Simulator is going to be free to play. I can't really see people actually paying money for something as incredibly stupid as this xD

TY

If it makes you feel any better, I believe Rock Simulator is going to be free to play. I can't really see people actually paying money for something as incredibly stupid as this xD

Neither can I, but still it is ridiculous :/

What's next, Water Simulator 2014? You should know better Steam... you really should :/

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Neither can I, but still it is ridiculous :/

What's next, Water Simulator 2014? You should know better Steam... you really should :/

inb4 Ground Simulator 2014 or even Floor Simulator 2014 :/

Anyway yeah, I never really played any simulators. Doesn't seem that interesting to me tbh and I don't really care for rocks. Steam should stop doing this imo.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Brilliant!
    shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

Ok, seriously... why not? If people play it for lulz, it's good for developers.
    And developers know gamers are mad so... why not?

As for myself. I played Farming Simulator (older one, not 2014) on Vita because it had easy Platinum.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I'm honestly surprised just seeing anyone at all stating that Steam should "stop letting these in" and I have to agree with Satoshi on this one.

Games are just supposed to be entertainment.
    If they're entertaining someone, then they're doing the thing they're designed to do. Sure, the novelty of a stupid-funny game inevitably wears off after a few hours. So does the novelty of a stupid-funny movie.

Yeah,but once you do everything, you really have nothing to do, and then you realize, why am I playing this?

...How is that different from any other game? xD
    After you've done all that you can do -- why still play it? Is it because, perhaps, you enjoyed playing it?

Years
  • A lot of these are parody games, people. And games are supposed to be for fun.

Though, personally, I much prefer more well rounded simulation games. Y'know, the ones that are actually trying to be an at least halfway serious simulation while also still being a game. Like Sim City, The Sims, or Roller Coaster Tycoon, for example.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I wish they'd stop releasing no substance YouTube fodder games onto steam and focus on games that are work playing for more than 10 minuets on greenlight.

Steam is a great service; the seasonal sales can be absolutely nuts, but the overall quality of games being released on the service has nosedived over the past couple years.

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • This is all a part of the program to make the real world a virtual landscape.

We started with rocks, next will be the world.

Back