• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LG exits smartphone business

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • Their phones lack quality, anyway, so I wasn't surprised.

After hearing what my mom had to go though with her LG phone (she had a Styl Q or something like that), the constant breakdowns made her go towards an iPhone.

Years
  • I agree with Megs, they weren't the best quality and they were heavily outclassed by the chinese brands that've made a splash in the smartphone world. Anything LG was doing Xiaomi or Huawei were doing better and for a couple hundred quid cheaper.
    Plus, it's normally a last ditch sign that a company is flapping when they start producing off the wall things like the swivel phone they tried earlier.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • i heard people had good times with an LG phone, but gosh, must be some lucky people
    anyways this doesnt come as a complete surprise as even samsungs A series phones can easily outclass or match up an LG phone, if not they just work well and was solid compared to LG phones. (havent had much outside of samsung so i cant say about the other brands)
    Would be different if LG actually tried good phones instead of resorting to insane designs, but hey here we are.
    though as i heard, their V series was pretty good

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Their phones lack quality, anyway, so I wasn't surprised.

After hearing what my mom had to go though with her LG phone (she had a Styl Q or something like that), the constant breakdowns made her go towards an iPhone.
    The Stylo phones were honestly kinda trash. My coworkers had an older Stylo model as a demo device and all of them didn't really like it. It was basically a budget Note phone and it really showed. You were probably better off just getting a used Samsung Note and rocking that - it'd probably work better.
    I agree with Megs, they weren't the best quality and they were heavily outclassed by the chinese brands that've made a splash in the smartphone world. Anything LG was doing Xiaomi or Huawei were doing better and for a couple hundred quid cheaper.
    Plus, it's normally a last ditch sign that a company is flapping when they start producing off the wall things like the swivel phone they tried earlier.
    I will admit that their solution to an affordable folding phone is honestly pretty genius, but it's disappointing that it didn't catch on as much as they had hoped. The Wing felt really... Odd though. It was a neat concept but it really looked awkward to use.
    i heard people had good times with an LG phone, but gosh, must be some lucky people
    anyways this doesnt come as a complete surprise as even samsungs A series phones can easily outclass or match up an LG phone, if not they just work well and was solid compared to LG phones. (havent had much outside of samsung so i cant say about the other brands)
    Would be different if LG actually tried good phones instead of resorting to insane designs, but hey here we are.
    though as i heard, their V series was pretty good
    The Velvet held up really well against the A71 honestly. I'd say the Velvet is the better of the two because of water resistance, a better processor, 5G, and a better camera, as well as better color options. However, the Velvet I don't think really saved them despite how popular it was. The V series on the other hand I heard a lot of good about, especially when originally it was the only line of their phones to have the DAC in it until it came to the G series. They just didn't have the reach into the smartphone market that other companies have though.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • LG would have been fine if they had one line of phones that was just standard "just worked" and well of it, like samsungs A or S series. Its not a bad thing to keep trying new things, but after a certain point it felt like they mixed up their lines and in reality it was just one line renamed as like 2 or 3 different lines, having a combo of at least one line that people will buy and have it as a steady income of sorts then have a line of gimicky phones is what LG should have done but didnt

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    LG would have been fine if they had one line of phones that was just standard "just worked" and well of it, like samsungs A or S series. Its not a bad thing to keep trying new things, but after a certain point it felt like they mixed up their lines and in reality it was just one line renamed as like 2 or 3 different lines, having a combo of at least one line that people will buy and have it as a steady income of sorts then have a line of gimicky phones is what LG should have done but didnt

But they did. They had the K line, which were cheap and wallet-friendly devices, their G series, their main line of devices, and the V series, their high end line. The other devices they had were one-offs usually. I do think though, that their prototype rollout display that was supposed to debut this year as a phone could have been a decent hit if the cost wasn't insane.

Back