• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Detroit: Become Human

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Brought to you by the controversial David Cage, this game/interactive film garnered a fair amount of attention, and I certainly thought it was one of the better Quantic Dreams games!

For those of you unfamiliar, Detroit follows the stories of three androids in the year 2038, all of whom lead distinctly different lives. There are also lots of allegories to more serious issues in it, like civil rights, slavery, abuse, and so on, and that was one of the more controversial aspects of this game among players. Overall had a very I, Robot feel to it, minus the Will Smith.

Have you played or watched this game? What did you think about it? Who were your favourite characters?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    /falls in

I FINISHED IT YESTERDAY

Spoiler:

When I feel like replaying I might do a machine Connor playthrough. He's by far my favorite character. You can really roleplay him to be either a villain or a hero, while with Markus you can just choose violence or pacifist and with Kara whether she'll remain somewhat lawful or resort to violence and thievery.

There are many bleh things about the game too, but rn I'm too amazed by some good things to consider those ^^

Bay

Years
  • I wasn't able to play it since I don't have a PS4, but I watched several playthroughs of it and experience the story that way. As I mentioned in the DDC, one of the big problems is the execution on the allegories. Like, apparently in twenty years racism will be magically end and now it's the robots we have to worry. I guess I would like to see more of for instance if there's a difference how people will treat an Asian android compare to an Asian human. Cage flip flopping whether he meant the game to have those allegories or not didn't help matters either.

I do think Detroit's strength is more on the action scenes and why I enjoyed Connor's storyline the most compare to Markus and Kara's (though I think both of them are good characters too). Connor and Hank's interactions are also awesome and I've been checking out fanart of them lately lol. Want to give props to the soundtrack too, top notch musicians there.

Also, congrats on the good route Rika! I have one question for you, though. = P

Spoiler:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • haven't played it as i don't own a ps4, but i did see jackaboy play it and it was really good!!! i'm not just biased bc it's jackaboy. it really truly was an amazing experience, regardless if it was sean who was playing or not. i'm really glad he went for the
    Spoiler:
    and then later in livestreams he went for
    Spoiler:
    (put in spoilers in case any one wants to watch his playthrough or hasn't seen it yet)

if i ever do get a ps4 though i do wanna play this game, even if i've already seen what happens. i dunno. i feel like i'd also be bad at it though, because there's a lot of timed things and stuff in the games and i'm not really good at those.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I wasn't able to play it since I don't have a PS4, but I watched several playthroughs of it and experience the story that way. As I mentioned in the DDC, one of the big problems is the execution on the allegories. Like, apparently in twenty years racism will be magically end and now it's the robots we have to worry. I guess I would like to see more of for instance if there's a difference how people will treat an Asian android compare to an Asian human. Cage flip flopping whether he meant the game to have those allegories or not didn't help matters either.

I do think Detroit's strength is more on the action scenes and why I enjoyed Connor's storyline the most compare to Markus and Kara's (though I think both of them are good characters too). Connor and Hank's interactions are also awesome and I've been checking out fanart of them lately lol. Want to give props to the soundtrack too, top notch musicians there.

Also, congrats on the good route Rika! I have one question for you, though. = P

Spoiler:

The soundtrack is great yeah! I love that they got 3 different composers, one for each main char. Kara's music is intense and pretty, Markus is dramatic and epic, and Connor's is more... well, what you'd expect it to be haha. I love most tracks.

And yeah, I went to the roof and found and touched a certain machine d: rip

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    big post inc I'm sorry but I did say I have a lot to say about it :p
    This is one of the few games where I felt like a lot of the choices you make really do matter, alter characters and outcomes, and for that I really think it deserves some recognition. There's actual replay value to it (and you won't be disappointed when you do that "evil" Connor run!) unlike a lot of choice-based games that always end similarly regardless of what you do.

I loved Connor a lot as well, but I found myself more captivated by Kara's story, strangely. Her story is the "smallest" in terms of overall impact in the grand scheme of things and it might be boring compared to Connor's and Markus' arcs, but her relationship with Alice really moved me and I was SO concerned for their little family throughout the entire game. Her bad ends affect me most and one of them had me straight up bawling
    Spoiler:

also LOL THE PRESIDENT, IKR
    I was like I'm not sure if they are making fun of Hillary or what but holy shit what an awful president. what the hell was that?
    Absolutely - I applaud him for trying to include these things, but a lot of people really have problems with Cage scratching the surface on all of these very serious issues without really addressing them or using them in a meaningful way, and I saw a lot of people found that quite insulting. I didn't quite have that big of a problem with it myself, but I definitely see where the complaints are coming from.

I told Rika earlier about some of the funner, subtle interactions between Hank and Connor, and it really blew me away how minor things changed based on their relationship:
    Spoiler:

The soundtrack is on Spotify btw! I'm listening to it a lot still, I love the variance in the tracks - I watched some of the behind the scenes stuff and they had a different composer for each main character, and all three of them were really in the zone in creating tracks that reflect their character. I learned how to play the opening theme on piano, too! Been meaning to learn "Little One" (Alice's theme) as well.
    I watched him play it too! I was really fascinated with this game and watched a lot LPs just to see different routes and reactions, I loved how thorough Sean was with the game in trying to compile all the outcomes he could. It's always more fun when the streamer/player is really into it, and you can tell he absolutely loved it.

Did you see that video where he actually collaborated with Connor's actor and his fiancee? It's super cool he got in touch with them!

And don't worry about the quick time events, you can always dial back the difficulty if that stresses you out. Although personally I think that makes for a more interesting, individualized experience - the failures and missteps also lead to different outcomes sometimes.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I went with the easy difficulty haha, I'm so bad that even differing between O and X is super hard for me in fights hahahah

I'm considering letting Markus die in a run to see North lead the revolution and see what happens if Connor goes deviant then. But first a violence!Markus, machine!Connor and renegade!Kara run! Gonna grab Todd's gun, I think 8)

Also, interesting that it was "better" to push back against Leo than endure... I could roleplay Markus very well as pacifist after that based on the idea that he thought he had killed a human once and never wanted to do it again. Then it turned out Leo survived lol ok then whatevs

"Kara Main Theme", "We Are People -Markus" and "Now - Connor" are my absolute favorite tracks. Simply amazing!

Bay

Years
  • Yeah, I've been listening to the soundtrack on Spotify! Very convient! As for the Hank and Connor scenes, yeah I know about those and I too thought it was fun there are little details like that.

Oh, I've seen the videos with Bryan and Amelia with Sean!

Spoiler:

I too am worried I'll be bad at the time based and quick timed events, but if I were to get the game I might choose the easy diffculty haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I just killed Kara in A Stormy Night so I could skip her scenes for the rest of the game lololol

I wanted to go machine Connor but honestly... it makes me so sad that Hank always ends up dying then aaaaaa so idt i can haha

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think evil Kara was the hardest to watch for me, like everyone instinctively wants to protect and nurture Alice, but you have to like actively reject her and be a bad mother to her, and holy crap it's so hard to commit to that ;;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think evil Kara was the hardest to watch for me, like everyone instinctively wants to protect and nurture Alice, but you have to like actively reject her and be a bad mother to her, and holy crap it's so hard to commit to that ;;
    Omg wait you can do that? Hahaha brb restarting to be an awful mother xD what's the point of that though, won't Alice just keep going with you everywhere?

I srs care more for Hank than The Least Interesting Kid In Gaming History so machine Connor will be the hardest for me, p sure ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Omg wait you can do that? Hahaha brb restarting to be an awful mother xD what's the point of that though, won't Alice just keep going with you everywhere?

I srs care more for Hank than The Least Interesting Kid In Gaming History so machine Connor will be the hardest for me, p sure ;)
    WHYY I loved Alice lmao
    Spoiler:

Yeah, I think it's one of the few things in the game that's pretty hard-wired - they make it very easy for Alice to love you and it seems like if you're not actively trying to sabotage that relationship she will still have some affection for you no matter what.
    Spoiler:

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • Outstanding game, and the soundtrack/composers/VAs are thicc. So many fav chars as well: Chloe <3, Rose <3, Kamski x Amanda <3

Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    DG0Acg6.gif

Back