• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Is anyone else thinking that it's going to be mandatory to turn this into at least a one-shot?

I smell an FFC topic. Lets make 'Nurse Joy' August's topic instead of Leather.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
How do Pokecenters stay open for free?

The same way Professor Oak can afford to give away starter Pokemon- government grants. It's all a part of a massive scheme to turn little children into survival experts, thus allowing the country to have a broader range of who it can draft during wartime. 0.o

What are your thoughts on the identical Joys and Jennys?

NERV has a Pokemon World branch dedicated to cloning them for use in the inevitable event of the Fourth Impact. The originals were designed for use with Dummy Plugs in mass-production Evas, but budget cuts caused the project to be shut down and the remaining clones were confiscated and trained by the government.

.... I should stop, I have this sudden urge to write an NGE/Pokemon crackfic crossover. 0.o

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
NERV has a Pokemon World branch dedicated to cloning them for use in the inevitable event of the Fourth Impact. The originals were designed for use with Dummy Plugs in mass-production Evas, but budget cuts caused the project to be shut down and the remaining clones were confiscated and trained by the government.

.... I should stop, I have this sudden urge to write an NGE/Pokemon crackfic crossover. 0.o
STOP NOW! STOP NOW!

txteclipse said:
Is anyone else thinking that it's going to be mandatory to turn this into at least a one-shot?
I think I'll incorporate it into my parody, if no one minds... :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
:O That's treachery...or treason...or...something bad, anyway. No way is leather going away...

Well then. I'm going to write about a hooker in leather hooker clothes and she'll be hooking her hookery way in Hooker City...

Which I'll decide what that is later.

I think I'll incorporate it into my parody, if no one minds... :D

:D

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
The wolf of the treetops is back... I've been gone for a while, but came back in part because I'm having trouble with a chapter I'm currently working on in my fanfic Feral Twilight. The thing I've been wondering about is, has anyone done a fic where dreams and memories play an key role in the plotline? Also, would anyone think it bad if I had some horrendous event happen to a couple of my characters, though they really take place in dreams? And, I mean really horrible stuff like a brutal attack from a creature said to be linked to a variation of the dreamworld (not Darkrai like from the most recent PMD games, by the way, but something just as bad if not more so).

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
The wolf of the treetops is back... I've been gone for a while, but came back in part because I'm having trouble with a chapter I'm currently working on in my fanfic Feral Twilight. The thing I've been wondering about is, has anyone done a fic where dreams and memories play an key role in the plotline? Also, would anyone think it bad if I had some horrendous event happen to a couple of my characters, though they really take place in dreams? And, I mean really horrible stuff like a brutal attack from a creature said to be linked to a variation of the dreamworld (not Darkrai like from the most recent PMD games, by the way, but something just as bad if not more so).

1) Not too sure what you mean by that. Memories have a lot of impact on Fuega's actions in later chapters of my fic, but I don't know if that answers your question...

2) I wouldn't think bad of you. I'm a bit of a sadist when it comes to my characters.

I found the FFC thread...and wrote a response! There's a link in my siggy, if anyone wants to read it. [/shameless plug]

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years

in my fic
Spoiler:

For the something brutal happing, in my fic
Spoiler:

So it's up to you, and how you do it, just try to stay away from clichés.

Bay

Years
Well then. I'm going to write about a hooker in leather hooker clothes and she'll be hooking her hookery way in Hooker City...

Best tongue twister evar. =O

And Skunter, well in my fic dreams and memories play an important role. Not only that, in an upcoming chapter seeing what'll happen in the future will be important too. I'm actually interested in those fics.

As for your other concern, go for it. I've seen a couple other fics that had a creature go into someone's dreams and distorted it (sorry if I interpreted it wrong).

txteclipse

The Last
Years
The thing I've been wondering about is, has anyone done a fic where dreams and memories play an key role in the plotline? Also, would anyone think it bad if I had some horrendous event happen to a couple of my characters, though they really take place in dreams? And, I mean really horrible stuff like a brutal attack from a creature said to be linked to a variation of the dreamworld (not Darkrai like from the most recent PMD games, by the way, but something just as bad if not more so).

Let's see...dreams lead my main human characters to the respective Latians they eventually partner with, neither of said dragons remember any of their past, and the humans constantly struggle with their pasts. Also, dreams become more and more important as time progresses, and the Latians can project their and others' thoughts into the air hologram-style with their sight-share technique.

Oh, and one of the dragons almost drowns herself with an illusion when she first uses her sight-sharing technique while listening in on the mind of her partner, who almost actually drowned when he was younger. Does that count?

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
"Anyway, this cake is great! It's so delicious and moist!"

The week just isn't quite complete in this thread until:

A. Someone propositions someone else.
B. Jax attempts a round of karaoke.
I know you were trying to support my cake with sprinkles but something about it makes me feel patronized. XD (It was the instant/packet kind. I don't take the time to bake a real cake.)

Well in the case of B. - Are you any good? xD
For the most part I can't sing. I used to be able to, but puberty kicked in.

In what stage of the writing process do you decide on a title?

When I pull one fresh from my rear somewhere along the line.

ROFL^ ^

When you guys are writing on the computer, do you find it easier on a desktop computer, or a laptop?

Really, I don't find much of a difference. On the one hand, I like the clacking sound a desktop's keyboard makes and will write craploads just to hear myself type. (Yes, I'm weird.) On the other hand, laptops have that space right next to the touchpad where I can rest my wrists, rather than have them dangling over the keyboard, and my fingers tend to hurt after awhile of typing on a desktop. Other than that, a computer's a computer to me.
I have one of those COMPUSA wrist cushions. Probably one of the reasons my hands don't get as tired. When I use a laptop, I'm normally not at a desk. I'm either at a really uncomfortable position for typing or the laptop is too hot.

POKEMON_MASTER_0

caffeine 1mg/mL, 240 mL po q4h prn fatigue
Years
I would say that memories play a key role in every plotline, as every person can (and usually does) have their own personal memories.

I myself have used dreams in a particular fan fiction. A few of my characters could go into a dreamlike state. There, they could imagine themselves at anyplace they wanted to be. If other people in the vicinity were in a dreamlike state, they could enter into other peoples' "places" that they had generated.

And yes, I think that it would be okay if horrendous events happen to characters in dreams. I don't see why not. Horrendous events happen in my dreams, even.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
About time I answered my own question XD

Pokemon Centers: How can they offer their services for free?
Ever wonder what goes on in the back rooms of those places? The Nurse Joys run an international drug smuggling ring, engage in extortion for contracts to handle the healthcare of Pokemon, and operate a group of professional burglars and carjackers from behind the scenes...

Seriously, they likely are funded by the government, but the funding isn't enough to outfit their guest rooms with wi-fi, pillow-top mattresses, flat-screen TV's, or those cute little combo microwave/refrigerator units. Hence the reason why my character still prefers shelling out $75 or so for a room at a name-brand hotel. Then again, my fic has the Centers operated like a franchise, including the obligatory "poorly run, foreign-managed" locations.

PokeCenter manager: "You want for heal Pokemon? For your business, pleasure is ours totally. You come back, correct?"

Officer Jenny/Nurse Joy: What are your thoughts on the "identical families"?
Weirds me out. I don't include them for the most part, but in my latest chapters, there's a part where the operators of the Pokemon Center franchise operation develop "JoyBot" androids to staff the Pokemon Centers. It's like a little parody on the identical Joy family. The JoyBots even have their own spiffy advertising jingle, which you can read and sing along with by clicking on "The Po-Ke Cen-Ter!" link in my signature XD

Satoshi_Red

Ketchup Devourer
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2010
What if one of the nurse Joys/officer Jennies got a gender change?

o_0 That would be weird. But, I think at least one of the 100+ women would be transgender. But are gender-changes even legal in the pokemon world?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Do they even have the technology?

Well, if they can clone Pokemon, ressurect Pokemon from fossils, contain Pokemon in Pokeballs, and heal Pokemon in a matter of seconds, it's likely they could do some pretty amazing things with people as well. A gender-change is probably nothing to a human-doctor in the Pokemon World. In fact, I'd bet they're ready for Pokemorphs and mass-cloning!

Wouldn't surprise me if one out of over one-hundred decided to... But I'd be interested to hear why one of them would want to do that. O.O

Pokemon Centers: How can they offer their services for free?

Like plenty of people have said, it's probably government (Pokemon League) funding... Or they secretly rob trainers of their money and Pokemon and are working for a super-secret enemy Team called Team Waffles.

Officer Jenny/Nurse Joy: What are your thoughts on the "identical families"?

It's kind of odd... When it comes to fanfiction, though, I just leave them there and stay away from the notion of an explanation (unless of course I ever write a fic directly involving them). The anime does it and none of the characters ask; perhaps the reason why is a commonly-known fact, or for some reason people just avoid asking. Either way, I tend to simply include the Joys and Jennies, for the sake of simplicity and to be accurate with cannon.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years
Well at least the lone brother wouldn't be lonely anymore ^_^ And if it happens, it wouldn't really shock me, it would just be different. I'd bet Brock would be dissapointed and go crazy if he suddenly showed up at a pokemon center and a man was behind the counter >=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back