• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Meteor sighting in Florida caught on camera!

Years

• This happened pretty much the other night! Although I didn't see it myself, there are multiple videos around on local news outlets that show this event from multiple angles.

According to scientists though, this happens pretty frequently, although it is rare to see it to this extent. The occurrence is pretty much just rocks from outer space that come towards Earth and the light-up effect is their disintegration.

Have y'all ever seen a meteor come down to Earth before like this?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Looks like two of them came down really. Do they know how large the meteors were, and how far off the ground they exploded?

Though I suppose they were not very large/they burst up high, otherwise damages and injuries might have been mentioned (see the 1908 and 2013 meteor burst events in Russia).

Years
  • Last month I saw a pretty good size meteor, or at least I thought that's what it was. It was not your normally small streaking shooting star that comes around regularly each year, but it wasn't quite as bright as the one in the video here.

Years
  • Looks like two of them came down really. Do they know how large the meteors were, and how far off the ground they exploded?

Though I suppose they were not very large/they burst up high, otherwise damages and injuries might have been mentioned (see the 1908 and 2013 meteor burst events in Russia).

They were probably parts of the same rock of the same rock.

But yeah hopefully they exploded fairly high up because even off the ground they can do some pretty expensive damage, much worse if they ever actually hit the ground. It's actually a little scary when you realise that this happens pretty much every day to various scales.

Back