• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Speedhacking Event

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
  • The PokéCommunity Get-Together 8

Pokémon Speed Hacking Event

Hosted by Destiny Demon and NurseBarbra.

Pokémon ROM hacking has been a popular hobby since, well, Pokémon came out! Made famous by hacks like Mewthree9000's Chaos Black, Linkandzelda's Liquid Crystal, Serg!o's Naranja, etc. Now Pokécommunity holds the largest community of ROM Hackers for Pokémon, and we have a fun way to contest your abilities!

We present to you... The Pokémon Speed Hacking Event contest! In this competition, you will create a hack in
    four days. This can be challenging, yet quite intriguing! I, Destiny Demon, and NurseBarbra wish all the contestants good luck on making your Speedhack.

Schedule

July 15th-21st - Make your Speedhack
    July 22nd-25th - Testing & Judging days
    July 26th - The results are in!

Rules

- Must have a good game-play time (minimum of 30 minutes)
    - Must be made in four days
    - No more than three people working together
    - Don't steal hacks
    - Use the following format to sumbit your Speedhack

Submission Format

Hacker(s):
    ROM Base:
    Title of Hack:
    Storyline Plot:
    Credits:
    Screenshot(s):
    (In spoilers please)
    (Attach IPS file please)

Judging

Along with me and NurseBarbra, we will have two additional guest judged to help test out and judge the hacks. They will be Winter Wonderland and Team Fail. Please note the criteria we will be using for judging (all out of ten points):
    Mapping
    Scripting
    Originality

Speedhacks

Pokemon Reflections - DrFuji
    A Grand Day Out - Cutlerine

Final Notes

The ROM Base is suggested to be a Gen. III format, but other generation ROMs may be used, as long as it is finished in the span of four days. Spin-off games aren't allowed in this Speedhacking contest.

There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place emblem provided. All participants regardless of if they won or not will receive an emblem for participating in this event.
    346w0zn.png
    34y480m.png
    4qgdmw.png
    2ly4rd5.png

In the end we will make an archive of all the Speedhacks for others to play outside of the Get-Together forum.

Last edited:

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 4, 2017
    Just to point this out, You don't get that many points for graphics, (maybe an extra 1 or 2), as graphics take a while to insert, which takes time away from other things of the hack.

Edit: Also just gonna edit to inform of the judging process.

Each judge has 3 catagories to vote on, Mapping, scripting and originallity. A maximum of 10 points will be rewarded to each catagory by each judge, (3x10x4 = 120 points total) The total points will be added together and divided by 4 to get the "overall mark" (eg, [[22+23+24]/4] = 17.25, In the event of a tie for the overall mark, the hacks in question will be judged again.

Last edited:

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Do miner hacks count? Doing a full hack in 4 days is a alot of work for newbie :)

*looks for the guides*
    *finds spare Firered ROM*
    *Adds Scripts, That is a hack to me*
    *Advance map miner things*

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Question: Are we allowed to post random screenies and stuff?
    Feel free to if you want, although try and keep it organized. ;P

Question: Does it actually have to be a Pokemon hack? :D
    It's suggested to be Gen. III but if you have another ROM in mind that you feel confident using then by all means, use it! :P

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Question; Do hacks that are in the 'Sideshow Showcase' The smaller hacks that are generally 386 hacks with hardly any map edits, are they included or is it just bigger hacks?

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 4, 2017
    Question; Do hacks that are in the 'Sideshow Showcase' The smaller hacks that are generally 386 hacks with hardly any map edits, are they included or is it just bigger hacks?
    Most in the sideshow showcase are barely hacks... more of minor mods tbh, Unless it has MAJOR and I mean MAJOR modification to them in terms of scripting and mapping.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 4, 2017
    Yes. Extrakudos for it containing timcurry in a drag outfit.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • D:

'Kay, each hack can have only one post of screenshots to show their progress. When submitting your Speedhack in, you can post all the screenshots your Speedhack has in spoilers. That way, things can be more organized and NurseBarbra will calm down.

Years
  • Question: Would I be able to set it in the same region as my actual hack, therefore using some of the maps (that I made) from my hack? Or would that count as cheating?

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Question: Would I be able to set it in the same region as my actual hack, therefore using some of the maps (that I made) from my hack? Or would that count as cheating?
    You can set it in the same region, but everything that you make for the Speedhack has to be made in these four certain days. So all the maps, scripts, etc. must be made from the 15-18th.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Hacker(s): DrFuji
    ROM Base: Fire Red
    Title of Hack: Pokemon Reflections
    Storyline Plot: You start off in a small town and choose your started Pokemon so you can be just like your rival who already has his. After beating the first gym, the Gym Leader asks you to run an errand for her, which inadvertantly leads to you being cursed with a demon that seeks to eat away at the people around you. Alone in the world with a deadly curse hanging over your head, you have to find a way to put everything back to normal.
    Credits: JPAN (engine), HackMew, LU-HO, Calis Projects, minorthreat0987, PrinceLegendario, Dewitty, spaceemotion, Trifindo, ligtherzein, Kymotonian, speedialga and WesleyFG
    Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Download: Linkie~

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Just a note: I have issued a new link to my speed hack in my earlier post which fixes a few game-breaking/ minor errors that were in the first download.

Back