• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

DBKHD

Elite Saiyan
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 5, 2022
I will keep an eye on this one. Great concept. I hope it will turn out well. I hope you won't drop a great hack as the others did.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
You can create multiple saves, but the storylines all do lead to the same events in the end. You're able to do all the careers to a certain extent, so just because you do one of them doesn't mean you wont be able to do others, if that makes sense.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
You can create multiple saves, but the storylines all do lead to the same events in the end. You're able to do all the careers to a certain extent, so just because you do one of them doesn't mean you wont be able to do others, if that makes sense.

so, one has the potential to do all 3 jobs? that is so epic :t294:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
so, one has the potential to do all 3 jobs? that is so epic :t294:

Yes =) the only two jobs you cant be in at the same time are crime and seeker, because theyre in competition with each other basically.

Beta testing this myself at the moment, its a very long process because I have to go through all the different options to make sure everything runs smoothly!

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Yes =) the only two jobs you cant be in at the same time are crime and seeker, because theyre in competition with each other basically.

Beta testing this myself at the moment, its a very long process because I have to go through all the different options to make sure everything runs smoothly!

ah, kinda sucks you can't moonlight as the other, but two out of three is still great :p

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
ah, kinda sucks you can't moonlight as the other, but two out of three is still great :p

Sorry I put this wrong! Crime career is like the unmentioned 4th career, so you can have up to 3 jobs at the 1 time =)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Not at all, I probably should have put that in somewhere in case people play the game and don't even notice it! =)

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
So how's progress with the game going because this is one of the newer games that I'm looking forward to playing. Something interesting is the career as a Gym Leader, how is that going to work? Do you just basically keep battling trainers in a loop or something?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
So how's progress with the game going because this is one of the newer games that I'm looking forward to playing. Something interesting is the career as a Gym Leader, how is that going to work? Do you just basically keep battling trainers in a loop or something?

Pretty much, and it doesn't happen till the end of the game. It really isn't as exciting as it sounds, but that's what Gym Leaders would do I guess.

Very close to alpha time now but there are quite a lot of bugs that Ill need some assistance to fix I think. My main issue is with warps and the game randomly resetting itself in some scripts...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Pre-Alpha is available for download now!

It just contains the first handful of events so nowhere near perfect, would love some feedback on the story etc, all criticism appreciated =)

Semyaza

Lurker Extraordinaire
Years
I haven't had much time to play the game before work but I have found a few bugs (mostly with text and dialog) so far. the main gameplay bug I have found was that, after taking the exam at the School, if you go back to talk to the "man in glasses" the exam sequence restarts and you battle the Examiner again.

Additionally, the running shoes don't seem to work in towns or the Brun Cliff area. It may have been purposeful but it just struck me as odd.

The story so far seems solid and the pacing is fair. I'll update if/when I can and post screenshots of any found bugs if you'd like.

Back