• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
Years
  • Hmm.... Yes, her OW was better than her picture, better than Gold's OW also, Although Gold's picture was better.

But then again, we're only seeing the side of her. We don't know what she looks like from the front or back... for now, the sprite's pretty good. Still, I'm probably playing as Gold because of the annoying pink color everywhere... (I'm a girl by the way... just don't like pink)

rnstyip

"Next please!"
    Years
  • Okay, lets start off with the OW sprite of the new female is a lot better than I expected. The hat is definitely noticeable, but overall she is well detailed in the game. I definitely like her look and I think [hope] more people will stop bashing on the new female seeing as her OW sprite was done exceptionally well I would think.

I like her, I did since her new art was shown, but this tops it off. Plus, to know that she has Pokémon following her as well is great benefit. The reason why is because it just might mean when Silver gets his starter, it may follow him too. However, she has a Marill, so I'm hoping that is just a Pokémon she chooses to have outside. I'd really like for her to obtain the third starter, as I think it might make the game better off, but we'll see what happens. Overall, she definitely turned out to be something good from what I can see here.

Its good, but I still get the feeling that its a bit overdone. I don't know why. Or maybe its fine.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • Okay I'll admit the overworld sprite for the girl looks good. I think I like the hat better now that it doesn't look so roundish, and the detailing with the bow is pretty impressive. Eh, she'll probably grow on me in time.

Years
  • Okay I'll admit the overworld sprite for the girl looks good. I think I like the hat better now that it doesn't look so roundish, and the detailing with the bow is pretty impressive. Eh, she'll probably grow on me in time.

I have to agree with you there, her sprite is amazing. Just like I predicted :)

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    So, we have an overworld sprite for her now.

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

awww she looks so cute as an overworld Cx <3

oooh i can see Silver stalker overworld so much clearer too

i gotta admit she looks even cuter than her artwork >3> im looking forward to playing as her.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    EEEEEEEEEEE ♥
    FINALLY.

Her OW looks even better than I expected. Her hat doesn't look as big, and the bow is real pretty and bright. I don't see a hint of pink on her, which is even better.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I don't really see why everybody hates Soul so much. I think that she looks cute and her OW sprite looks even better!

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I don't really see why everybody hates Soul so much. I think that she looks cute and her OW sprite looks even better!

because she isn't kris
    thats why

just like the fandom hated may/dawn because she wasn't misty
    and they hated joe because he wasn't steve/blues clues lol xD

no reason
    the fandom is just silly

the OW is adorable no? <33

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • Arrrgh, that Kris lovers annoy me to no end >_> (never liked the mangaversion....the gamecounterpart was pretty )
    I liked Dawn (the game version) and her girlish look also, as well as Platinas pink dress (don't burn me for that >_< )
    And I think her overworld spite looks very cute and unique, the hat with the bow is adorable.
    They had no freaking right to put her in HGSS.
    It's not a crystal remake, damnit ><
    I mean, we don't really know hat much about her besides her appearance, we have no manga or anime version yet. Just hating her is stupid (of course one can hate het looks, but hating her? Some people overdo it)
    Anyway, I don't like her all that much, I have to play her and to read more about her to get to like her as a character. But I'd say it's a good start, she looks very cute and unique. I'm fine with that for now.

kellogs

Crunchy
    Years
  • I think she's damn cute,at first i was all like "Wut?where's Kris?!" but seeing her with Gold kinda softened my opinion :)

I'll still play Gold in my first run though.For nostalgia sake .

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • I see where you're coming from, but it still doesn't feel right, especially since she was the first playable female.

Taking out Kris is like taking out the Battle Tower just because it's not in the originals. They were both in the final Johto game and had a large impact not only there but in games to come.
    yea 110% aggree with your post

Suro

Pokemon Hall of Fame spriter
    Years
  • Has Anyone even considered the possibility that soul is a freakin revamp of kris?!?! I thought her Hair was a dead givaway and She still has a hat though it has been enlarged.

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Years
  • This new girl is absolutely revolting! How can anyone like a girl who doesn't have blue hair? Where is Kris? I just want to yank those pigtails off the new girl's head for replacing her!!! >:(

Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • The new girl's artwork is not bad and her OW is very good in my opinion. Even I miss Kris but I have accepted this new character and so I have no problem altogether.^_^

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I love the new characters overworld sprite, especially how the hair sticks out under the hat.

The sad thing is, had this been a female character for a new set of games she probably wouldn't have anywhere near as many haters as she does.

Back