• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Detox

But I guess she is okay.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    I just wish, for once, the girl would actually look tough. The closest we had was Crystal, but even she was flawed. I'd like to see a tomboy. If pokemon was real, do you think I'd go out into the world with my ****ty ten year old skirt with high heals and a mass amount of makeup and bows? Helz no! I'd wear jeans and a normal shirt. Done.

So... no, I don't like her. :/

Years
    Kris was more of a tomboy than the others... Hey, ya know what? Kris fans shouldn't feel all bad, because the rival will be insulting the new girl and not Kris. Silver is calling your playable character weak, which it makes sense because the new girl kind of looks weak. Kris looks like she can put up a fight against Silver, but this new girl looks like she'd be crying alongside Whitney if she lost. At least someone in the game will be insulting the new girl, and that should make you new girl haters/Kris fans happy. :P I can imagine Silver saying something like "I can't believe I lost to a girl...in OVERALLS!!" or "I can't believe this weakling thought she could beat me. At least the blue haired girl put up a tough fight and creamed me."

I hope they animate the playable character you didn't choose. If they were to animate them, how do you think they would animate this new girl?

Spoiler:

Detox

if they follow the original plot, she will cream silver too.

Him insulting her makes me feel no better, I want my Kris back >:O

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    In terms of what Kris used to wear I would say she was more on the verge of the tomboy kind of girl. However, the anime didn't really portray her as this. She was more the hip and happening Lance fan girl who dreamed of being the best star in the world. Though, Kris I admit is a very nice character both game wise, anime wise, and manga wise. In my personal opinion though, I'm glad they chose the new female for the remake over Kris. Plus, like stated by GymLeaderLily, at least Kris fans won't have to hear mockery from Silver in the game.

Not to mention, I think Kris has gotten herself noted for being in the Character Hall of Fame seeing as she is so well known and the first female character to be playable by the gamer. So, even if she isn't here in the remake at least she stayed untouched and didn't get the chance of possible disremarks on her new look or such things of the sort.

Now, as for animation of the new female. [if given] would be a nice touch. I like the idea and can think well of it as it could be a possibility if we battle her [if you play Gold]. I'd say she might move her head a bit and have a little shift in posture and arms. Something similar to Fantina perhaps, but slightly altered to match the new female's style [whatever that may be]. I do like the idea though as I stated and would hope they include som animation for more major characters such as Gym Leaders, Gold, Soul, Silver, etc.

p!kablu

Map Maker Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    I like her although it will feel less "Johto..y" without Kris.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Kris was the definition of the word tomboy.
    Overalls aren't that girly to begin with. Actually, last time I checked you could wear overalls with ribbons and still be a tomboy. Heck, I do it.

But at least she isn't as girly as Dawn. That mini-skirt was an offense of the highest degree.

Ashi

The cupcake theif!
    Years
    I'll be perfectly honest and no one will like me surely.

I do not care for Kris at all. So what if she was the first playable character? Big whoop. It boils my blood to see so many people hate on this poor new girl just because they expected the chick with weird bangs.

Now to be more on topic, I absolutely just ADORE this new girl. I have never been so happy to play a FEMALE TRAINER before! Just wonderful! I adore her overalls, I wear them myself so that's just obvious why I like them. But it also makes a lot of sense for her to wear them, I mean check out the Jhoto range, pshh. I love her, I love her style, she's just so adorable! I can not wait to play as her myself. <3

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    I'll be perfectly honest and no one will like me surely.

I do not care for Kris at all. So what if she was the first playable character? Big whoop. It boils my blood to see so many people hate on this poor new girl just because they expected the chick with weird bangs.

Now to be more on topic, I absolutely just ADORE this new girl. I have never been so happy to play a FEMALE TRAINER before! Just wonderful! I adore her overalls, I wear them myself so that's just obvious why I like them. But it also makes a lot of sense for her to wear them, I mean check out the Jhoto range, pshh. I love her, I love her style, she's just so adorable! I can not wait to play as her myself. <3

Lolz I totally agree :).. i actually this new girl is cool... soo well done nintendo :cer_boogie:

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    She seems like, If Kris and her interacted, Kris would play the big sister role, HOW CUTE :'D
    Kris is more of a tomboy, in appearance, and looks a bit tougher, but still cute,
    and you'd probably be bawwing about how pokemon is ruined forever because they ruined kris, if she was in the game, In one way or another. Causind meyhem and mass destruction resulting in the division of zero, the world as be know it would cease to exist 8O /wild imagination

be thankful,

Last edited:
    Years
    Okay, I drew over 30+ pictures of this new girl and she looks adorable in all of them. (I also drew some of Gold, Silver, and the gym leaders.) I don't see how anyone can think she's ugly. I know there were some people expecting Kris, (I wasn't one of them), but is it really worth getting so upset over? Are you really that upset because she's not the playable character or were you mad because you were wrong about Kris being the female lead? I'm actually kind of glad Kris isn't in the game tbh. I mean we already have one blue haired 4th gen girl. Do we really need two? Besides, her hat won't look like Lucas'. If you played in Wifi plaza, you'd see a girl with pigtails and overalls, (she's in the pokemon center basement all the way to the left), that's who I think the new girl's sprite would look similar to.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm tolerant about it. Voted no.

I for sure am not going to play the games from that sprite perspective.
    Not with that hat. -__-

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I want Kris. I never got to play GSC, and I swore I would play as Kris if I ever did. So when HG/SS was announced, I was all "SQUEEEEEE! KRIS ZOMG!!!"......and then Soul appears on the scene. I mean . . . what is with that hat? I thought LEAF had a big hat, but this is too much. OK, fine, the design's not that bad. What I UTTERLY despise about her is that she's replacing Kris. It's like getting a new kitten. The new one might be uber-cute and all, but she's just not the same.

Now I'm comparing her to a feline. Great. Fine. More cat analogies. Kris is to tiger as Soul is to bald, blind, newborn peanut. Savvy?

Ram her in the face!
    I fainted when I saw this. . . . Then clicked it.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I don't get how people could ever say she's modern, stylish, or cute. I mean, the OW could potentially look cute, but that's it. Besides, it's just not right.... I mean, even if she was the most beautiful girl that ever lived, IT'S JUST NOT NICE TO COME IN THERE AND REPLACE KRIS OUT OF THE BLUE FOR NO REASON!!!!!! Kris is great, what's wrong with Kris? There was no reason to replace her. I actually chose her in Crystal because I was excited about the new feature (lol don't judge me). She defined female characters for me! She defined female characters for the whole series, dammit!

That being said, I was only ranting for moral values. I'm being Gold either way, and Gold is even better than Kris (no offense, Kris).

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    I don't get how people could ever say she's modern, stylish, or cute. I mean, the OW could potentially look cute, but that's it. Besides, it's just not right.... I mean, even if she was the most beautiful girl that ever lived, IT'S JUST NOT NICE TO COME IN THERE AND REPLACE KRIS OUT OF THE BLUE FOR NO REASON!!!!!! Kris is great, what's wrong with Kris? There was no reason to replace her. I actually chose her in Crystal because I was excited about the new feature (lol don't judge me). She defined female characters for me! She defined female characters for the whole series, dammit!

That being said, I was only ranting for moral values. I'm being Gold either way, and Gold is even better than Kris (no offense, Kris).

I know what u mean :cer_wink:... but coz itz like the remake of gold and silver...and not the remake of crystal :cer_smile:... and beside i dnt think there's a girl in gold/silver....soo they made a new one :cer_nod:....and maybe later on and that's maybe..the nintendo will make kris again k? :cer_giggle:

======================

I dont get how ppl h8 her soo much
    :cer_confused: .. i mean she's NOT dat bad ryt?..
    U guys SHOULD b proud that GAMEFREAK remaked the game
    :cer_tongue: ....soo ONCE AGAIN "WELL DONE GAMEFREAK!"
    :cer_boogie:

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Gamefreak remade them gamefreak. Sheesh is it so hard for people to remember that Nintendo are the publishers and that gamefreak are the developers of the games?
    Anyway people hate her cause she replaced their precious Kris.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    Gamefreak remade them gamefreak. Sheesh is it so hard for people to remember that Nintendo are the publishers and that gamefreak are the developers of the games?
    Anyway people hate her cause she replaced their precious Kris.

Sorry i fixed it now :cer_blush:.....

umm can i ask what so gud abt kris? :cer_frown:.. im not gona b lyk mean too the kris's fan :cer_wink: .. im just askin :cer_smile:

Back