• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeworld (MMOG) Needs Help.

Waudby

Ok first of all will get those pics from my games tomorrow i am going to bed, my mmorpg i can get you some pics but i never put it on a web page,
i can show you some of my work with java script its a little messy it is from a pokemon game thing i call ANImon its a demo and i will get the pics for that too in the morning anyways heres the java script:
Code:
var town_door_1 = WarpObject(101, 149, 0, "Home.rmp"); 
var house_1     = WarpObject(570, 137, 0, "Lantern.rmp"); 
var main_font = GetSystemFont();
var main_window = LoadWindowStyle("ANImon.rws");
EvaluateSystemScript ("menu.js");
function game()
{
  BindKey (KEY_ESCAPE, 'Game_Menu()', 't()');
  Draw_Image (10, 10, "Title.png");
  GetKey();
  main_font.drawText (0, 0, "In a Island far far away...");
  FlipScreen();
  GetKey();
  CreatePerson("Ki","Main.rss", false);
  AttachInput("Ki");
  AttachCamera("Ki");
  SetTalkActivationKey (KEY_ENTER);
  MapEngine("Lantern.rmp",60);
  UnbindKey (KEY_ESCAPE);
  }

function Draw_Image (x, y, image)
{
  var cur_image = LoadImage(image);

cur_image.blit (10, 10);
  FlipScreen();
}
function Text_Box (txt)
{
  main_window.drawWindow(16, 16,GetScreenWidth()-32,GetScreenHeight()-192);
  main_font.drawTextBox(20, 22,GetScreenWidth()-34,GetScreenHeight()-202, 0, txt);
  FlipScreen();
  RenderMap();

while (GetKey() != KEY_ENTER);
}
function Game_Menu()
{
  RenderMap();
  var menu = new Menu();
  menu.addItem ("Pack", Items_Menu);
  menu.addItem ("Exit",Exit);
  menu.execute (10, 40, 110, 64);
}
function Items_Menu()
{
}
function t() { }
function WarpObject(x, y, layer, map) { 
  if (this instanceof WarpObject == false) { 
    return new WarpObject(x, y, layer, map); 
  } 
  this.x = x; 
  this.y = y; 
  this.layer = layer; 
  this.map = map; 
} 
WarpObject.prototype.warp_to = function() { 
  var person = GetInputPerson(); 
  if (this.map) ChangeMap(this.map); 
  if (this.layer >= 0) SetPersonLayer(person, this.layer); 
  SetPersonX(person, this.x); 
  SetPersonY(person, this.y); 
}

EDIT: oh ya and i how to use it but i have to be able to comprehend it to right it and on sphere it tells you the syntax errors you make

Sorry but that code is horribly written and laid out.

Stick to one kind of style. Because you've had help over at Spherical, other people's coding styles have been blended into your own. Try and redo the codes to support one style.

Anyways, this is looking like it has a lot of potential. I'm happy to say I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
However it's slightly discuraging to look around the showcase and see people so much further with so much less work.

I can relate to that. It really does kind of kick you in the b@lls to see some games roll out the updates, but just keep at it man. This could be insanely popular if it runs fine when it's released.

Waudby

Ok i will admit i am horrible at the scripting i have no style. I am working on it tho i mean it was my first script...

Yeah it's good to start off with a good style

You started off with a good style but it just got mixed up by the copying and pasting.

Use the Fix Indentation tool within Sphere to sort that.

I can relate to that. It really does kind of kick you in the b@lls to see some games roll out the updates, but just keep at it man. This could be insanely popular if it runs fine when it's released.

I can related to that as well, having to implement everything yourself is a pain, however I think it's much more satisfying when you see the end result and people like it.

Just stick at this and keep going.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I can related to that as well, having to implement everything yourself is a pain, however I think it's much more satisfying when you see the end result and people like it.
Just stick at this and keep going.

Those words in bold....
The reason why I make games bro.

It's like bringing a baby into this world.... Okay maybe not.... But kinda.... It's on the same scale, just ranked much lower. :P

Seriously though, someone is getting entertainment from something you created.... What a feeling.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2010
Thanks for the encourage ment...

Looking over some code... What was I thinking!? Such easy mishaps, so many places for exceptions to occur.

I took a little break earlier today, it felt nice, but I'm back on the case. I fixed the Run away crash.

You can no longer switch out to a fainted pokemon...

I'm almost done fixing the bug with keeping fainted pokemon in play. Same for the free attack on "Forced Switch Outs".

I'd check this myself but I let my sister borrow my DS for her trip to the orange bowl. But if you willingly switch out a Pokemon, as in it didn't faint. Doesn't the opponent get a free attack at it, right when it comes out?

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
I'd check this myself but I let my sister borrow my DS for her trip to the orange bowl. But if you willingly switch out a Pokemon, as in it didn't faint. Doesn't the opponent get a free attack at it, right when it comes out?

Yup. If the player willingly switches their pokémon, the other gets a free attack, the one they had already selected for that switch turn (Assuming, of course, the other one doesn't also switch), and the switch always goes first.

Example:
A picks Bubble.
B decides to switch their charmander to their bulbasaur.

Charmander gets switched for bulbasaur first.
Then A's Pokémon uses bubble on the bulbasaur.

If you faint, the other one does not get a free attack, with an exception. If you faint because of self inflicted damage, for example explode, and the other one survives and was second to attack in that turn, I think their attack still goes through on the Pokémon you switch to.

ScaldingHotSoup

/\Guess the name reference!/\
Years
it's actually slightly different in double battles in diamond pearl - if there is only one enemy pokemon and you kill it in the first attack, the second attack by your pokemon will miss it (obviously) and you lose 1 PP. I think.

FrozenMaster757

Stone And Glacier creator
Years
Screen name: FrozenMaster757
Job: Artist (not spriter, hand-drawn) or Pokemon Spriter
Qualification: I took drawing for 7 years in school, and I have received praise from all my friends.
Samples: Check the albums on my Profile.
Hope I can help. It's so hard using the Wii to type messages, like this.

Reactions:

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
Thanks Tocs and I see you are viewing this thread!
I'll search more about lua now
EDIT: So if I was to edit your potion code to a super potion it would kinda be like this
SetTargetInfo ("HP", GetTargetInfo("HP") + 50); and a bit more code to it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2010
Hmm thats odd, I made a reply earlier but its not here....

FrozenMaster, your art is amazing! I wish I could draw like that =(.
Your sprites look sweet to. The lines are quite perfect, not deformed like most fan sprites.

I'd be delighted if you would do art for us!

Could you, for a start, make a picture of the game's professor. Prof. Mpingo. I followed the normal naming convention of a tree. Mpingo is a yellow barked tree that grows in Africa, its thin and scraggly. Its bark is fireproof. And it's wood is pitch black, it's used to make clarients. Which is why I picked it, also it has a cool name, doesnt get better than "Mpingo." I'd like a picture of him for the website as well as a sprite for ingame. I hope thats not too much, but your art is awsome.

I fixed the crash on running, the problems with switching. The occasional crash when throwing a pokeball. I'm now looking at the cause of the battle hud's not updating to the correct pokemon. I also fixed Absorb and Leech Life rounding down instead of up. I locked the Battle options buttons when your forced to switch to a new pokemon due to fainting. You can no longer switch to a fainted pokemon. And to put a cherry on top I fixed the mispelling in the MOTD.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2010
Well, mostly for the professor I was thinking an old guy who's balding with crazy spikey hair out the sides and funny glasses wearing a lab coat. I dunno use your imagination.

darkerarceus the items are created with my item editor I wrote, I'll release it soon, you'll have to wait until I zap all the bugs in it. (There's a lot)

But it looks like such as this....

itemeditso9.png

Last edited:

Darkraza

The shadow of the Skies
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2010

nice idea for the professor btw
and the script for adding items seems really easy to use too.
good luck on the scripting
oh, and did anyone saw my last post?
it's just i would like to know tocs opnion about it, and no one seemed to see the post on the middle of the second page
i will send more sprites after

here it is more sprites

Last edited:
Back