• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart scales before elite four

Years
  • I am playing on a ds copy of Pokemon Pearl, and am about to challenge the Pokemon League. I wanted the move tutor to help my Rapidash remember megahorn for Lucian. I have already gotten the heart scale at route 214. Are there any more hidden heart scales before post game? Since the super rod is not available until after I beat th game, I don't think I can get any from fishing for luvdisc. Is that the only one? Or is there another one tucked away? Diamond and Pearl only, not Platinum.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    (Edited this post heavily.)

Listed multiple locations in Serebii under Diamond/Pearl. Checked Bulbapedia. Shows most of them as Platinum-only. Believes Bulbapedia, in this instance.

Try Route 212 in the southern area near the shard collector's house. Will edit in a video soon, if possible.

Edit: No luck. Discovered a video of Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl's Heart Scale on Route 212, however. May be accurate for the originals.
    BDSP Heart Scale.png
    (Barely cut off the honey tree in the upper-right, for further orientation.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • (Edited this post heavily.)

Listed multiple locations in Serebii under Diamond/Pearl. Checked Bulbapedia. Shows most of them as Platinum-only. Believes Bulbapedia, in this instance.

Try Route 212 in the southern area near the shard collector's house. Will edit in a video soon, if possible.

Edit: No luck. Discovered a video of Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl's Heart Scale on Route 212, however. May be accurate for the originals.
    View attachment 100337
    (Barely cut off the honey tree in the upper-right, for further orientation.)

Wow, you put a lot of research in, I appreciate you investigating and cross referencing different forums, the screenshot was also nice. I went to route 212 in the spot shown for BDSP, but I don't think it's in the older games like mine, alas, just for the remake. I tried, but couldn't get anything this time. Credit to you for trying though, if you hear of any other potential places for heart scales I'd be happy to give em a try.

Here's a video showing Heart Scales locations for the original games. Except for one that's DP exclusive and one Pt exclusive it looks like locations for the others are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm4UPkiIclI

I appreciate the time you took to look for videos to help, and want to say thanks for that. I did give this video a watch, however, the uploader I think is mostly using Platinum locations, even though just the first one outside of Oreburgh City was listed as Platinum-exclusive. A few Diamond and Pearl users left comments that they didn't get the heartscales in the spots shown, and I tried route 213 in the area with the rocks by Dr. Footstep's house, but got nothing. The route 222 one by the fisherman at sea also didn't seem to have a heartscale. I tried both of the islands on route 223 off the coast of Sunnyshore, but none I'm afraid.

It's possible that ones from Survival area onward work on Diamond and Pearl, but I can't acess those yet. The only one that I can confirm as good for diamond and pearl was the one from route 214 that I had already burnt up. Am I in trouble?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Sees no other guaranteed ones. Could give the Underground a shot. Labeled it as uncommon rarity on Serebii.

Years
  • Sees no other guaranteed ones. Could give the Underground a shot. Labeled it as uncommon rarity on Serebii.

The underground paid off. I finally got myself a heartscale. It took some searching, and the first time I saw one while digging the wall collapsed before I could fully uncover it, but got one on a new try in a different locations. I also picked up several shards, evolutionary stones, an everstone and some Arceus plates while I was mining. I'll give the sky plate to my Staraptor. Thanks, I <3 the underground

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The Underground is your friend. I really got into it in a Platinum save a few years ago and I've not wanted for a Heart Scale since (or any evolution stone except Sun).

Back