• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] What is your Pokémon team going to be?

Years
i know it's early for a thread of this... but i wanted to do one of these :smile:

my team in pokemon let's go - pikachu is probably going to be:

starter: tba

tangala:
tangela.png

chansey:
chansey.png

goldeen:
goldeen.png

weedle:
weedle.png

and *if i'm able to* - mew:
mew.png

& my team in pokemon let's go - eevee is probably going to be:

eevee:
eevee.png
*starter?*

meowth:
meowth.png
*gonna evolve her into persion*

caterpie:
caterpie.png

oddish:
oddish.png
*gonna evolve her into vileplume*

mankey :
mankey.png

ekans:
ekans.png
*gonna evolve her into arbok*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Let's see...I know the gen 7 typing will be a thing so I think I can play it safe here. But only having the 151 is pretty limiting.

1. Pikachu ( I can work with a Pikachu. It'll be a frail sweeper, but it works)

2. Vaporeon (we can catch the starters in the wild via annoucement so that's what I want to do

3. One of the Kanto Starters (specifically Venesaur). I don't remember Yellow much. In fact,the last I played it was on an emulator almost 10 years ago before the 3ds version came out. But I do remember you could get the starters so I want one of them.

4. Nidoking/Nidoqueen depending on version exclusives.

5.Clefable will be nice to have to deal with dragon types

6. An alolan Pokemon to use. I want one to specifically help balance my team.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Let's see...I know the gen 7 typing will be a thing so I think I can play it safe here. But only having the 151 is pretty limiting.

1. Pikachu ( I can work with a Pikachu. It'll be a frail sweeper, but it works)

2. Vaporeon (we can catch the starters in the wild via annoucement so that's what I want to do

3. One of the Kanto Starters (specifically Venesaur). I don't remember Yellow much. In fact,the last I played it was on an emulator almost 10 years ago before the 3ds version came out. But I do remember you could get the starters so I want one of them.

4. Nidoking/Nidoqueen depending on version exclusives.

5.Clefable will be nice to have to deal with dragon types

6. An alolan Pokemon to use. I want one to specifically help balance my team.

If LGE/LGP is anything like Pokemon Yellow, you won't be able to catch the following Pokemon:

Unavailable in Yellow:
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Ekans
Arbok
Meowth
Persian
Koffing
Weezing
Raichu
Jynx
Electabuzz
Magmar
Mew

Basically Weedle line, Jesse&James Pokemon(Koffing line, Ekans line and Meowth line), Raichu(because you couldn't evolve your starter) and Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar were Red/Blue exclusives. Mew was an event Pokemon but thanks to a "glitch" could be caught(along with any other Pokemon in the game).

If I were to get LGP/LGE(version I don't think locks you into a particular starter but rather has particular Pokemon available), I think my Pokemon Team would be the following:

pikachu-f.png
ninetales.png
alolan_ninetales_by_alolan_sprites-dat7jp9.gif
venusaur-f.png
butterfree-f.png
sandslash.png

lapras.png

Only if Alolan types aren't included will I swap Lapras in for Alolan Ninetales. Basically I'll have an Electric starter, Fire and Ice Foxes(with Fairy typing to steamroll Lance and his Dragons), Venusaur because he's a solid Grass type, Butterfree because he's a loveable and solid Bug Type and Sandslash because his Ground Typing owns Electric, Fire, Rock, Poison... pretty much anything not levitated off the ground or Flying.

This ASSUMES of course, I get the Switch and game.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
In Pikachu, I'll probably go for a typical Yellow team:
Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Kadabra/Alakazam, Snorlax.
-if you can only get one starter, then I'll probably have to think about it more

In Eevee, I'll probably go with something like:
Eevee, Victreebel, Slowbro, Rapidash, Electrode, Aerodactyl

Years
Hmm I've just finished replaying FR and had fun using some Pokemon I hadn't used in Kanto before. So mine will probably be:
Pikachu
Pidgeot
Charizard/Blastoise
Arcanine
Dragonite
Lapras

blue

gucci
Years
Pikachu, Pidgeot, Nidoqueen, Gengar, Starmie, Arcanine.

That's what I've got for now but that could easily change over time. I'm still not decided on whether or not I'll be using Pikachu for the entire play through considering you can't evolve it.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I think I'll dump my Pikachu/Eevee in a box. That's as far as I planned for now.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I'm thinking about doing a non-evolution run, basically making lemonade out of my starter's inability to evolve. These are some contenders...
*The starter Eevee, ofc
*Voltorb - I like the little Pokeball better than Electrode
*Doduo - it bothers me how it grows an extra head upon evolving. D:
*Ditto - doesn't evolve, and happens to be one of my favorite Pokemon
*Porygon - if they're serious about only having the first 151 Pokemon in the game, Porygon's evolutions won't be available. (I've never been one for trade evolution, anyway; LOL.)
*Onix - same
I guess I listed 6, there! But I usually have a rotating team of more than 6 Pokemon...

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Depends on how starters are handled. But.

Eevee/Pikachu - I still don't know about which game I am getting. I need to see version exclusives.
Rapidash
Poliwrath
Dragonite
Nidoking
Primeape

Depending on how the gyms are handled, depends on what other pokemon I choose. Especially if we keep needing a specific type on our team for each Gym. I really don't like being limited to Kanto pokemon, especially when most pokemon, Grass types more specifically, I hate all Kanto Grass Pokemon.

Last edited:

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
As you can catch Pikachu and Eevee in the wild I think I will be going for the Eevee version so I can have a Raichu.

Some I plan on evolving others not.

Eevee
Squirtle (Blastoise)
Pikachu (Raichu)
Growlithe (Arcanine)
Gastly (Gengar)
Bulbasaur

But who knows by the time the game is released that may have changed.

Sirfetch’d

Not sure yet tbh. I want to see where Pokemon are found(it appears to be a bit different than Yellow), what alolan variants are in the game, and how easy it is to train. Some Pokemon that I'd like to have are Pikachu/Eevee, Butterfree, Blastoise, and Victreebel. Though once I start exploring I may have a different team entirely.

Years
i've changed my teams for let's go pikachu/eevee

let's go eevee

eevee (F) *of course* :pink_love: *nickname: diana*
eevee.png
*nature: calm*

meowth (F) *nickname: feli*
meowth.png
*nature: quiet*

caterpie (F) *nickname: raupy*
caterpie.png
*nature: bold*

mankey (F) *nickname: fero*
mankey.png
*nature: hardy*

ekans (F) *nickname: arbo* *gonna evolve her into arbok*
ekans.png
*nature: naive*

alolan sandshrew (F) *nickname: icicle*
sandshrew-alolan.png
*nature: timid*

let's go pikachu

bulbasaur (F) *nickname: saku* *gonna evolve her into ivysaur*
bulbasaur.png
*nature: calm*

oddish (F) *nickname: raffle* *gonna evolve her into vileplume*
oddish.png
*nature: bold*

charmander (F) *nickname: moya* *gonna evolve her into charmeleon*
charmander.png
*nature: hardy*

mew *nickname: kyoko*
mew.png
*nature: brave*

alolan diglet (F) *nickname: alola
diglett-alolan.png
*nature: hasty*

articuno *nickname: frostwing*
articuno.png
*nature: serious*

*as for sandshrew & diglett, it's said there's going to be alolan versions, after all :smile: *

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
i've changed my teams for let's go pikachu/eevee

let's go eevee

eevee (F) *of course* :pink_love: *nickname: diana*
eevee.png

meowth (F) *nickname: feli*
meowth.png

caterpie (F) *nickname: raupy*
caterpie.png

mankey (F) *nickname: fero*
mankey.png

ekans (F) *nickname: arbo* *gonna evolve her into arbok*
ekans.png

alolan sandshrew (F) *nickname: icicle*
sandshrew-alolan.png

let's go pikachu

bulbasaur (F) *nickname: saku* *gonna evolve her into ivysaur*
bulbasaur.png

oddish (F) *nickname: raffle* *gonna evolve her into vileplume*
oddish.png

charmander (F) *nickname: moya* *gonna evolve her into charmeleon*
charmander.png

mew *nickname: kyoko*
mew.png

alolan diglet (F) *nickname: alola
diglett-alolan.png

articuno *nickname: frostwing*
articuno.png

*as for sandshrew & diglett, it's said there's going to be alolan versions, after all :smile: *

Take it you?re buying the peripheral for Mew? Not a bad team for both but Psychic and Ghost types might give you problems since you lack Dark or Effective Bug Types(going to want Butterfree no?). Plus Sandshrew isn?t available in LGE(it?s a LGP exclusive).

Now knowing exclusives, I?d probably go with the following IFF I get the Switch and corresponding game.

LGP:

pikachu-f.png
sandslash.png
alolan_sandslash_by_alolan_sprites-dat7jif.gif
arcanine.png
3d_sprite__alolan_raticate_by_lycanrxc-day18tb.gif
butterfree-f.png

LGE:

eevee.png
ninetales.png
alolan_ninetales_by_alolan_sprites-dat7jp9.gif
butterfree-f.png
victreebel.png
starmie.png

Might need a Surf slave for my LGP team.

Years
Take it you?re buying the peripheral for Mew? Not a bad team for both but Psychic and Ghost types might give you problems since you lack Dark or Effective Bug Types(going to want Butterfree no?). Plus Sandshrew isn?t available in LGE(it?s a LGP exclusive).

if you mean the pokeball plus, yeah, i am....

as for sandshrew, i'll swap sandshrew around with diglett, then

i'm just keeping caterpie as she is... i've already got a male & a female butterfree in my life... that's enough *butterfree are so adorable, i know that... but two is enough for me :3 *

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
if you mean the pokeball plus, yeah, i am....

as for sandshrew, i'll swap sandshrew around with diglett, then

i'm just keeping caterpie as she is... i've already got a male & a female butterfree in my life... that's enough *butterfree are so adorable, i know that... but two is enough for me :3 *

Exclusives for LGP: Oddish line, Sandshrew line(including Alolan form) and Growlithe line
Exclusives for LGE: Bellsprout line, Vulpix line(including Alolan form) and Meowth line(including Alolan form)

As for Caterpie, a Tier 1 Bug Type such as that won?t help you much imo. Better off with Paras or a different Bug Type altogether but if that?s what you want, who am I to argue.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jul 18, 2018
I am theorizing in Pok?mon Lets go eevee and pikachu that Lilly might appear in them because it?s kanto and in sun and moon Lilly went to kanto to start her own journey so maybe she could also be the champion but that probably won?t happen :P

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
i'm gonna have my meowth learn bite :smile:

Your Eevee could be taught Shadow Ball and do the same job against Ghost and Psychic Types or you could get an Alolan Meowth(a Dark Type) and specialize Eevee against Ghost while Alolan Meowth counters Psychic. Plus Eevee and Kanto Meowth(and Alolan Meowth) both learn Bite so what point were you trying to make?

If I were you, I'd swap Meowth out for its Alolan variant or a different species altogether(say a Water Type?).

Years
Your Eevee could be taught Shadow Ball and do the same job against Ghost and Psychic Types or you could get an Alolan Meowth(a Dark Type) and specialize Eevee against Ghost while Alolan Meowth counters Psychic. Plus Eevee and Kanto Meowth(and Alolan Meowth) both learn Bite so what point were you trying to make?

If I were you, I'd swap Meowth out for its Alolan variant or a different species altogether(say a Water Type?).

yeah, i know they all learn bite..... never mind on that part, then ^^'

i just prefer the kanto meowth a little bit more :smile:

about the water type, i've decided to try and catch another eevee & evolve her into vapereon :smile:

Last edited:
Back