• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    Ash's Torracat to Evolve into Incineroar?

Hey, what's happening, guys? I'm just wanting to know whether or not you think Ash's Torracat will evolve into Incineroar? Why? This is because Incineroar have been introduced as a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? If not, please let me know why not? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Hey, what's happening, guys? I'm just wanting to know whether or not you think Ash's Torracat will evolve into Incineroar? Why? This is because Incineroar have been introduced as a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? If not, please let me know why not? Thanks.
    Smash doesn't affect the anime very much. No one caught Lucario, for example.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Smash doesn't affect the anime very much. No one caught Lucario, for example.

Unless you count the one movie tailored around it along with two Gym Leaders whose Ace happens to be that very Pokémon. To say games don't affect Smash(and vice versa) is a bit of a stretch. Torracat is likely to evolve for a number of factors. The fact it's in Smash is not one of them ironically, but the fact it will evolve is due to concept art with Ash and Incineroar and the rivalry Ash's Torracat has with Kukui's Incineroar. It points to it evolving on those reasons alone.

Rowlet won't evolve and Lycanroc is already at its peak for the most part. As for what team members Ash will get is largely based on what Z-Crystals he has or can acquire. Ash is likely to get Incineroar's Z-Crystal since Kiawe has the Firium-Z and Nanu wouldn't give Ash a Darkium-Z after the Grand Trial(instead opting to give Lycanroc's Z-Crystal). Ash did earn a Fighting Z-Crystal from Hala but it was swapped for Electrium-Z by Tapu Koko. Lillie holds Icium-Z, Lana Waterium-Z and Mina has Fairium-Z. Steel, Bug and Poison are all but ruled out, leaving Flying, Dragon and Ground left for Ash to get(has Normal, Grass and Rock to go with previous mentioned Z-Crystals). Since Ash is battling Hapu in the future, odds are a Ground Type Pokemon is going to join his team. Problem is Sandygast and Mudbray lines are the only new Ground Types and have been featured already. Meaning Ash is going to be given a Ground Type or a past Ground Type Pokemon is going to make a return. He has Donphan(haven't seen him in ages), Torterra(Ditto), Gliscor, Gible, Palpitoad and Krookodile back in Pallet Town.

I'd put my money on an old Pokémon returning since I expect Poipole to return in the same manner as Goodra did to round out his team. As for what old Pokémon returns... that I have no idea. Would be funny if Gible returned.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Unless you count the one movie tailored around it along with two Gym Leaders whose Ace happens to be that very Pokémon. To say games don't affect Smash(and vice versa) is a bit of a stretch. Torracat is likely to evolve for a number of factors. The fact it's in Smash is not one of them ironically, but the fact it will evolve is due to concept art with Ash and Incineroar and the rivalry Ash's Torracat has with Kukui's Incineroar. It points to it evolving on those reasons alone.

Rowlet won't evolve and Lycanroc is already at its peak for the most part. As for what team members Ash will get is largely based on what Z-Crystals he has or can acquire. Ash is likely to get Incineroar's Z-Crystal since Kiawe has the Firium-Z and Nanu wouldn't give Ash a Darkium-Z after the Grand Trial(instead opting to give Lycanroc's Z-Crystal). Ash did earn a Fighting Z-Crystal from Hala but it was swapped for Electrium-Z by Tapu Koko. Lillie holds Icium-Z, Lana Waterium-Z and Mina has Fairium-Z. Steel, Bug and Poison are all but ruled out, leaving Flying, Dragon and Ground left for Ash to get(has Normal, Grass and Rock to go with previous mentioned Z-Crystals). Since Ash is battling Hapu in the future, odds are a Ground Type Pokemon is going to join his team. Problem is Sandygast and Mudbray lines are the only new Ground Types and have been featured already. Meaning Ash is going to be given a Ground Type or a past Ground Type Pokemon is going to make a return. He has Donphan(haven't seen him in ages), Torterra(Ditto), Gliscor, Gible, Palpitoad and Krookodile back in Pallet Town.

I'd put my money on an old Pokémon returning since I expect Poipole to return in the same manner as Goodra did to round out his team. As for what old Pokémon returns... that I have no idea. Would be funny if Gible returned.

Kukui already has Incineroar and Incinium. I find it highly unlikely that Torracat will evolve.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Kukui already has Incineroar and Incinium. I find it highly unlikely that Torracat will evolve.

I think that is a terrible reason to be honest. Kukui is pushing Torracat and agreed to train with him many times. We already have a large reason to believe it will evolve with the leaks of the starters before Sun and Moon was announced. As well as official art work that has been 100% correct so far. We still have a year left of Sun and Moon, there is still more than enough time.

I think it is just gonna be similar how they handled Greninja.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I think that is a terrible reason to be honest. Kukui is pushing Torracat and agreed to train with him many times. We already have a large reason to believe it will evolve with the leaks of the starters before Sun and Moon was announced. As well as official art work that has been 100% correct so far. We still have a year left of Sun and Moon, there is still more than enough time.

I think it is just gonna be similar how they handled Greninja.

That's been determined to be game concept art.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yeah honestly, I don't think it is game concept art. Not when it is in the anime style and all those pokemon are part of the main team. And if you mean the concept art from before the much was announced, Ash is in it with Pikachu. So even if ti was game art, they still had the anime in mind.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Yeah honestly, I don't think it is game concept art. Not when it is in the anime style and all those pokemon are part of the main team. And if you mean the concept art from before the much was announced, Ash is in it with Pikachu. So even if ti was game art, they still had the anime in mind.

Spoiler:

Actually, that art had Popplio and had no mention of Primarium. Also, if Torracat evolves, then the Masked Royal and his Incineroar will never appear again, because they don't like having two of the same Pokemon on the main cast unless one of them is shiny.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Evolving doesn't necessarily equate to strength(or what I'm trying to say is that you can become really strong without evolving). Ash's Bulbasaur or Snivy are pretty powerful Grass types despite being in their base form. The reason I bring this up is due to the often ignored Delia factor when it comes to Litten. Delia took a liking to all of Ash's Pokemon in Episode 24 but none more so than Ash's Litten. The way it acted around her and the fact she carried it around in her arms suggest that it may not evolve(She carried it around again in Episode 42).

Also I have a theory that a Pokemon in Sun and Moon will only evolve after they witness or see it's evolved form in the flesh. Rockruff saw both midday and midnight forms and wanted to grow stronger so that it could evolve(from which it evolved into that special form for marketing purposes). Lana's Popplio saw its evolved form and like with past companions before her, Popplio will likely represent the growth she has as a Trainer(meaning I fully expect Popplio to evolve at some point and probably when Ia and Koana return to the show as recurring characters). Pikachu won't evolve because it doesn't want to so that leaves Rowlett and Litten. We've yet to see either of its evolved forms so until we do, they're unlikely to evolve(Rowlett for comedy reasons, Litten because of Delia's affection for it). We never saw Bounsweet's evolved form so Mallow doesn't quite fit the mold but her Pokemon still represents her growth as a Trainer/character(even if I feel they've kind of shafted her in lieu of Lana and to a lesser degree Lillie).

I know my theory is a bit of a stretch, particularly because the writers can do w/e they want but the whole Delia factor is something I've been championing for awhile now.

Figure I'd quote this since I was right about Popplio months ago lol. Was also right about Litten evolving once we saw Kakui's Incineroar, although I still think it's cute as a house cat. With Lana getting the final form Z-Crystal, she's destined to get a Primarina. If memory serves, Lana and Lillie had a group of Z-Crystals(see spoiler below) wherein there was a Fairium-Z(points to return for Mina, say for Lana or Lillie?), Icium-Z(which Lillie has), Eevee's Z-Crystal(pointing to Ilima making a return or Lana challenging for its respective Z-Crystal) and Mewnium-Z(I have no idea who gets that one....).

Wait they're skipping Ula'ula entirely? Well that's clearly a bummer.

Anyways, this image came on Tumblr:
    Spoiler:

Looks like Ash's Rowlet and Litten will fully evolve, and so will Lana's Popplio if this is to go by. Remember that during the entire course of the anime, we've never had the main cast own all three fully evolved starters at once. The closest ones to come to that were Hoenn (Ash and May's starters fully evolved but not Brock's) and Sinnoh (Ash had two fully-evolved starters while Dawn's Piplup never evolved due to marketing reasons).

Last edited:
    Years
  • im sad that rowlet may never evolve :(
    was awesome to see charjabug and popplio to evolve though!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Figure I'd quote this since I was right about Popplio months ago lol. Was also right about Litten evolving once we saw Kakui's Incineroar, although I still think it's cute as a house cat. With Lana getting the final form Z-Crystal, she's destined to get a Primarina. If memory serves, Lana and Lillie had a group of Z-Crystals(see spoiler below) wherein there was a Fairium-Z(points to return for Mina, say for Lana or Lillie?), Icium-Z(which Lillie has), Eevee's Z-Crystal(pointing to Ilima making a return or Lana challenging for its respective Z-Crystal) and Mewnium-Z(I have no idea who gets that one....).

I highly doubt that anyone will actually catch Mew.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    Bug stone could mean many evolution options...
    Bug Eevee evolution
    combee male evolution
    third level evolutions for many bug types

do you think that Lana's eevee will be a bug evolution or do you think she will go for a Vaporeon?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Bug stone could mean many evolution options...
    Bug Eevee evolution
    combee male evolution
    third level evolutions for many bug types

do you think that Lana's eevee will be a bug evolution or do you think she will go for a Vaporeon?

The "Bug Stone" is just a gag.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Torracat's moveset also has been confirmed to consist of Ember, Fire Fang, Flame Charge, and Revenge. Due to it forgetting Scratch, Torracat can no longer use Breakneck Blitz. Torracat now has to evolve into Incineroar, otherwise it will not be able to use any Z-Moves.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • So with Kiawe getting the Flying Z-Crystal via his Rider Pokemon in Charizard, does this mean that Lana will get a Z-Crystal for Lapras? I mean Lillie has an Ice Z-Crystal but no Z-Ring to use it on and seeing as Lapras is part Ice Type, just saying its a possibility. As for Lana/Lillie catching Mew, I never said that was going to happen but only that they would be using its respective Z-Move in a similar fashion to how Ash used Nebby/Solgaleo. It points to Lana doing it unless Lillie obtains a Z-Ring for some reason. Gladion has the Dragon Z-Crystal so that kind of rules out Ash catching a Dragon Type. I just have no idea as to what Pokemon Ash will catch to fill out his roster. I'd be really disappointed if Ash ends a region with less than 6 Pokemon. I criticize XY/XYZ for giving Serena less than 6 Pokemon as the Female Lead. If Ash ends with less than 6 as the Male Lead... it will rightfully earn Black Sheep status that Best Wishes currently holds.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Has everyone seen the newest episode title on Serebii.net?

If not I'll post it. I was planning on doing it anyway. Regardless... it makes it blatantly obvious what Ash's next pokemon is going to be.

I mean... I guess I'm not surprised... I'm just... disappointed... :irate-stare:

Anyway here it is. Courtesy of Serebii.net.

Episode 1055: A New Species Has Been Discovered! I Got a Meltan!!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Has everyone seen the newest episode title on Serebii.net?

If not I'll post it. I was planning on doing it anyway. Regardless... it makes it blatantly obvious what Ash's next pokemon is going to be.

I mean... I guess I'm not surprised... I'm just... disappointed... :irate-stare:

Anyway here it is. Courtesy of Serebii.net.

Episode 1055: A New Species Has Been Discovered! I Got a Meltan!!

Lmao... wow I did not see that coming but honestly I should have. Why go to the effort of creating a new Pokémon just for Pokémon GO that is portable to Lets GO and not promote it in the Anime? It'd be Ash's first Steel Type too if I'm not mistaken along with the fact they haven't demonstrated the Steel Z-Crystal yet(unless Molayne already did and my memory sucks). That would give Ash five Pokémon again and six if Poipole returns.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Meltan, huh? This will not only be Ash's first Steel-type, but also his first (and quite possibly his only) Mythical Pokemon, since Meltan and his evolved form have been stated to be Mythical Pokemon. So, after over 20 years, Ash finally gets a legendary Pokemon. Never thought I'd see the day...

Back