• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well we got a week until Episode 91 and the infamous Pikachu Episode with the weird haircut(LGPE promotion). The Eevee in the poster has a similar haircut and honestly it points to Ash owning it. It's dorky looking and it'd be Ash to pull something like that. As for Pokémon #6, I'll get back to you.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I think he might get that Eevee, or it might follow him until he eventually captures it? Perhaps it might evolve into a new Pokémon in Gen 8, which that sort of move has been done before in the anime - where Ash caught an Aipom from the Battle Frontier saga and evolved to Ambipom during the D/P saga after it was traded to Dawn.

But who knows; it could just be a reaccuring Pokemon like Jigglypuff.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Anyways, here's my thinking regarding Ash's Team:

1) Pikachu: Staple since Day 1, he's not going anywhere
2) Rowlet: First Pokemon he caught and is glorified comedy service that won't evolve due to marketing(See Piplup for more information)
3) Lycanroc: Second Pokemon he caught that evolved into a Unique Evolution for marketing purposes.
4) Litten -> Torracat: Third Pokemon he caught that points to it evolving to Incineroar at some point due to its rivalry with Royal Mask and his Incineroar.
5) Eevee: Based on the haircut, it just points to Ash catching it as I don't think any of the girls, much less the guys, would have it look like that. Hau is a possibility but I just don't think it'll be the case. Ash finally getting an Eevee would be awesome but knowing him, he'll do an Ilima and not evolve it. Granted... if he follows the character he portrays in Red from the Gold/Silver/Crystal games, it'll evolve into Espeon or Ash's first Psychic Type and would be the counterweight to his rival Gladion's Umbreon.

As for Pokemon#6, its going to be one of three things: 1) Poipole. Ash has had Pokemon return later on in the season and this one makes sense seeing as Ash did this very thing with Goodra. What's to say he doesn't do this again with Poipole? It's not going to be Solgaleo because that would be so OP, it wouldn't be funny for Ash to own a legit Legendary that is a Steel Type for a League contest. 2) Kommo-o. Ash only has a few Dragon Types under his belt and although I suspect this Pokemon belongs to Hau, there's reason to believe Ash may have this Dragon/Fighting Type because Ash likes Fighting Type Pokemon(in fact I think he's had at least one in all but Orange Islands and Hoenn region). 3) Ash bringing back one of his old Pokemon. This is the least likely of the three options simply because Ash hasn't done that since Unova with Charizard. Furthermore, what Pokemon would he bring back? Won't be a Fire, Grass, Rock or Flying types, hence that rules out a lot of Pokemon. From what he has left, we have Water, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Normal, Ice and Dragon. Its unlikely to be Ice because we have Snowy and Water probably won't happen with Lana's Popplio. If Ash catches Eevee, that rules out Normal Types and Dragon likely won't happen due to Turtonator and Hau owning Kommo-o. So if anyone was to return, it'd be either Muk or Leavanny as I see it(and again they don't like bringing back older Pokemon in favor of promoting the current region).

TLDR: Here's who I predict Ash's complete team will be.

Pikachu
Rowlet
Lycanroc
Incineroar
Eevee/Espeon
Poipole

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Well then...

That just happened...

Reactions?

It's clearly going to evolve into Vaporeon and so much for Gen 8 teasing.

As for me...

I seriously don't care. I honestly never felt Eevee 'fit' Ash anyway.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
As it turns out, Lana caught Eevee, not Ash.

Which turns out her Eevee will most likely evolve into a Vaporeon since Lana is a water pokemon trainer

I honestly never felt Eevee 'fit' Ash anyway.

Bu..but Ash wanted to catch an Eevee in Episode 40, kinda makes you wonder why he didn't cauth Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon in the pirate's cave back in unova saga

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
While I'm annoyed that Ash turned down the opportunity to catch an Eevee yet again, it's about damn time a Female Protagonist catches a 2nd Pokemon. 99 Episodes for that to happen is a Franchise record. It eventually becoming a Vaporeon is also a given at this point and Misty coming in a few Episodes should be interesting seeing as she's always wanted an Eevee for a Vaporeon.

Years
i knew it. when i first saw eevee. the first thing i thought of was that this pokemon doesn't fit ash. i'm still a little bit upset ash didn't get the eevee but i like how thinking back on the eevee shorts from the last few episodes it was absolutely obvious that it would go to suiren

remer

The Warrior
Years
I have noticed that all of the Pokèmon on Ash's team till now has a z-crystal of it's own.So the other two Pokèmon should also have a z-crystal.So my guesses are:
Kommo-o
Marshadow
Snorlax(maybe his one from orange islands return)

I avoided the Pokèmon which are already owned by significant trainers and legendary pokemon with "high status".

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
Im just glad an eevee is represented again. It gives focus that the show and games are looking forward to what they can do with two iconic pokemon.

I would like to see something interesting such as it turning into a vaporeon and learning new moves.. More ice type moves please! and With Brock and misty returning, it does show that Ash will probably bring back an old pokemon...(Snorlax?.. Charizard?...?)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
You know what I just realized?

Ash still doesn't have a 6th in S/M yet.

So...

The worst case scenario/what I was absolutely dreading can still happen.

In case you forgot... that is...

Spoiler:

:pouting:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Or Ash catching Tapu Koko and this becoming the worst Pokemon anime of all time

I think that was established after like the first ten Episodes but especially after the Aether Arc. Looking back on Aether, it was a sham arc. Rather than doing an Ash-pull and using Pikachu's exclusive Thunderbolt move, it should have been Lillie taking down the UB to save her mother. Would have really been a defining moment for Lillie that would have set her on a path to challenge not only her brother but Ash in the Alolan League(wherein she's going to beat Ash(not Gladion or Hau) to keep the streak going.... that or that parallel universe Dia showing up out of nowhere... yeah that's going to happen... fits SuMo after all).

As for catches, he presently has four, not five. Forget wondering what he's going to catch last, what Pokémon is going to be #5? Poipole? Possibly but before we worry about #6, have to first reach five. If he were to bring back old Pokémon(something the Anime tries to steer clear from doing), odds are it's going to be Pokémon we haven't seen in ages. Perhaps that baby Lapras from Orange islands reappears or maybe Ash gets a visit from Butterfree out of the blue(eh it'd be about damn time honestly). What Pokémon hasn't been featured yet though... *scratches head*

Reactions: BH

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
or maybe Ash gets a visit from Butterfree out of the blue(eh it'd be about damn time honestly)

Aaaaaaand like

Seriously it was over 600 episodes since he released his butterfree for mating reasons, why is the pokemon TV doing? Sigh, thank god, he apears in my pokemon fanfics

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ash still doesn't own a 5th Pokemon either. So he still needs 2 pokemon, unless for some reason Poipole comes back, which I don't think it will. Kommo-o is becoming more likely, but it may still end up being Hau's. Ash is supposed to be going to Poni Island soon, so we will likely know the answer within 2 to 5 episodes.

One thing I noticed in the newest opening, is that Ash is looking at a Poke Ball saddened. So that may mean that he loses control of another pokemon or a newely caught pokemon who isn't listening or something.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
There is a possibility that Lana's Popplio and Sophocles's Charjabug will evolve.

Back