• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Secret Agent Pokemon appears!

Years
  • Glad you could come Double O' 9, here is you mission briefing: go around this forum and have fun with the people :D

For real though, welcome to the Pokecommunity Agent Inteleon! Anything you wanna tell us about yourself to break the ice?

AgentInteleon009

An agent of Good
    Years
  • Glad you could come Double O' 9, here is you mission briefing: go around this forum and have fun with the people :D

For real though, welcome to the Pokecommunity Agent Inteleon! Anything you wanna tell us about yourself to break the ice?
    Thanks Roni! I accept my mission.
    First off, I am not new to forums. I have been a part of two other forums in the past. I want to do stories, but I also find myself wanting to do challenhes. Of the other two Forums, only one had a section for them, but activity is as slow as molasses. The other did not have a section, but I am burned out from posting over there (might go back at some point).

Years
  • Thanks Roni! I accept my mission.
    First off, I am not new to forums. I have been a part of two other forums in the past. I want to do stories, but I also find myself wanting to do challenhes. Of the other two Forums, only one had a section for them, but activity is as slow as molasses. The other did not have a section, but I am burned out from posting over there (might go back at some point).

Oh man if you like challenges then you're in luck! Pokecommunity has a bunch going on almost all the time. I'm currently partaking in the Virtual Pokemon Pet challenge where I get to raise Pokemon by posting on here. Check it out if you fancy, but make sure to read the rules!

Years
  • I have looked at the challenge section. If I read the rules right, I can post what ever challenge I want, it just has to be one that is not currently running at the moment?

yup2, if you have any forum games you wanna try out over here that isn't already actively being done, feel free! i could always use more threads to post on lol.

Edit - if you mean Pokemon Challenges via playing the games however (since we do have a forum for that as well), that i'm not familiar with.

AgentInteleon009

An agent of Good
    Years
  • yup2, if you have any forum games you wanna try out over here that isn't already actively being done, feel free! i could always use more threads to post on lol.

Edit - if you mean Pokemon Challenges via playing the games however (since we do have a forum for that as well), that i'm not familiar with.

Like, If I wanted to do a Solo Run, I can't create a thread since there is an active Solo Run thread already?

Years
  • Like, If I wanted to do a Solo Run, I can't create a thread since there is an active Solo Run thread already?

bingo bango. all you need to do is post within the already made thread itself. i see you already did though, neat! wishing you the best of luck!

Years
  • Thanks! Am I able to post updates for my challenge right away or do I need to wait for the thread creator to add me the the list of challengers?

i believe you must wait to be acknowledged and added before you can do anything. i also believe that's the case for any challenge thread site wide. if you do have more questions though (especially ones that are beyond my scope), it'd make more sense to contact a moderator directly. since we're talking about the Challenges section, the mods are Janp and Eleanor. thanks!

AgentInteleon009

An agent of Good
    Years
  • i believe you must wait to be acknowledged and added before you can do anything. i also believe that's the case for any challenge thread site wide. if you do have more questions though (especially ones that are beyond my scope), it'd make more sense to contact a moderator directly. since we're talking about the Challenges section, the mods are Janp and Eleanor. thanks!

I looked in the Travel logs section and say that someone did a Nuzlocke. I thought the challenges section were for those, unless I'm missing something.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    First of all, welcome to PokeCommunity!

I hope you enjoy it here!

As for the being signed up thing, it shouldn't be an issue, especially since a lot of the threads accept people who sign-up halfway through the challenge itself. It's probably good form to wait, for more complicated challenges so there's time for the thread "manager" to catch any mistakes you might have made, but it shouldn't be an issue. At least it wasn't back in the day, but I find it hard to believe they would have changed that.

I looked in the Travel logs section and say that someone did a Nuzlocke. I thought the challenges section were for those, unless I'm missing something.

Well, Travel Logs was most likely made for a more Let's Play kind of content - usually showcasing a different ROM Hack. It just so happens that most Travel Logs of vanilla games would be challenges. So challenges being mosted in Travel Logs is more of a harmless side-effect than an intended thing, I think.

That said, the challenges threads are more like leaderboards and places to just dump logs. Things of the form:
    • I got X.
    • I beat the rival, it was hard because Y.
    • I beat the Gym Leader, it was so ridiculously easy.

If you want interaction or a place to express more complicated thoughts regarding the game, strategy, a missed opportunity or whatever, Travel Logs is the place for you.

AgentInteleon009

An agent of Good
    Years
  • First of all, welcome to PokeCommunity!

I hope you enjoy it here!

As for the being signed up thing, it shouldn't be an issue, especially since a lot of the threads accept people who sign-up halfway through the challenge itself. It's probably good form to wait, for more complicated challenges so there's time for the thread "manager" to catch any mistakes you might have made, but it shouldn't be an issue. At least it wasn't back in the day, but I find it hard to believe they would have changed that.

Well, Travel Logs was most likely made for a more Let's Play kind of content - usually showcasing a different ROM Hack. It just so happens that most Travel Logs of vanilla games would be challenges. So challenges being mosted in Travel Logs is more of a harmless side-effect than an intended thing, I think.

That said, the challenges threads are more like leaderboards and places to just dump logs. Things of the form:
    • I got X.
    • I beat the rival, it was hard because Y.
    • I beat the Gym Leader, it was so ridiculously easy.

If you want interaction or a place to express more complicated thoughts regarding the game, strategy, a missed opportunity or whatever, Travel Logs is the place for you.
    Thanks! I have decided to do Travel Logs because I want to be able to do the challenge the way I want. Plus, I want interaction. I want people to comment on my stuff. Plus, I would be able to more easily go back after finishing it, just to look at it.
    I did post in the Solo challenge thread, but I deleted that post.

Years
  • Thanks! I have decided to do Travel Logs because I want to be able to do the challenge the way I want. Plus, I want interaction. I want people to comment on my stuff. Plus, I would be able to more easily go back after finishing it, just to look at it.
    I did post in the Solo challenge thread, but I deleted that post.

Good on you for finding something that fit you well Double O'9! Happy Travel Logging! :D

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    welcome! there's quite a bit to get into around here. i'm more than sure the regulars in the fanfiction and writing section will be happy to see your works when you feel comfortable posting them. if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask, enjoy your stay!

Back