• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Who's your favorite character in SwSh?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
  • Raihan. Hands down.
    Spoiler:

He takes selfies mid battle; streams and looks super epic whilst doing it.
    Also, I found his challenge to be the most challenging.

I also like Hop too. He's one of my favourite Rivals.
    I think it's because he's so encouraging and positive, even at the hardest of times.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    Marnie, but it is tentative. The problem with the Galarian characters for me is that they seem unoriginal. Hop is Hau with a more developed arc, Rose is Lusamine with a missing brain instead of a poisoned one, then there is the secondary villain devoted to them (Oleana and Guzma). They even both have a child working with said secondary villain - Bede and Gladion. The parralels between Team Yell and Team Skull need no examination. Piers has traits from both Guzma and Gladion, which would make Marnie the Lillie copy, but I think they did a good job giving her a distinct appearance, personality and arc, if it was a little underdeveloped.
    I am obviously summarising a lot, and am aware that they are not copy-pasted, but it is something that has bothered me since I started my completely blind playthrough and thought 'huh, this Champion reminds me of Kukui, and the rival is very Hau-ish'.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Gloria, she's my second favourite protagonist behind Dawn.

Marnie is pretty cool as well, just wish she would have had more involvement in the main story.

Didn't really care much for many other characters in the game.

Years
  • I really like Mustard I like his Roshi vibe and how he is much more powerful than you would think when you first see him. Hop is another one of my favorites because of his drive and determination.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    Sword and Shield have really good human character design. Probably my favorite in all of Pokemon, even better than Gen 7.

My favorite is Oleana. I love how emotive she is and how she has a very non-standard facial design.

Spoiler:

Other great ones are Raihan, Kabu, Melony, Opal, Bea, Mustard, Leon... Man, Sword and Shield are just A+ characters all around. I'd say Raihan is probably my favorite after Oleana. He has so much personality in his animations!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2021
    i really like raihan he's just that person i like to see all the time for no reason

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • Marnie, just cause she is 🙂

My second favorite, would be Sonia 😄

p.s:

I've hated Hop since the moment he was introduced, he's just a slightly more developed version of Hau (who is from the Alola Region).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i love bede. he is my son. i made up this whole little thing for him and my sword character, who is basically her own full fledged oc at this point lol. but i just always love the edgy guys in pokemon idk. i've adopted them. my city now. but also i love fairy types and i love that he becomes the fairy gym leader. that being said, i love opal too. their dynamic is just so funny and sweet, i love the funky old lady taking this brat under her wing. it's just fun development. love that.

i actually think swsh has a strong cast, almost all of the gym leaders and major characters are memorable and i'll take that over bland characters any day. also i'm on the hop defense squad lol. i think he's a fine rival some people are just mean.

Back