• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hellos! ^^

Years
  • Hello everyone (and happy new year!), I'm new here but I've known about and used the site for quite a long time. Decided it was finally time to hop in ^^

I've been into Pokemon more or less since Red and Blue came out in the US. I have a Switch and play Sword, but I'm mainly interested in romhacks these days. I also love collecting plushies and figures, and I'm also interested in the card game again thanks to watching my favorite streamers do pack openings.

Other than that I like to play a ton of other stuff on my Switch and mess with electronics - Raspberry Pi and that kinda thing. Hoping to enjoy things around here more now that I'm actually a part of it! ^^

Years
  • Glad you decided to jump in!

I'm sure you're well acquainted with the site by now, so I'll just say, welcome to the community! :)

Years
  • Welcome to the Pokecommunity WhisperX! Glad you made the jump, you won't regret it for sure hehe.

High five from a fellow rom hack player to another! I just love the high quality content the community provides these days, all totally for free. It's this kind of passion from the fans that really keeps me coming back to Pokemon.What have you already played so far, if I may ask?

Also don't hesitate to share your plushies collection with us! I myself just have a cute lil Turtwig for now, but for sure the collection will slowly build soon!

Ooh you play TCG? I only really watch card openings because their reactions when pulling holos never fails to make me laugh. Who do you watch?

And yooo respect to you for having a Raspberry Pi! I've heard a bit about that when researching about Linux a while back but I've never really understood it fully yet. Sounds really cool though!

Hope you stick around and make lotsa friends because you really seem like you'd fit in with us! Anyway, sorry for all the questions hehe, and have a good day :D

Years
  • Welcome to the Pokecommunity WhisperX! Glad you made the jump, you won't regret it for sure hehe.

High five from a fellow rom hack player to another! I just love the high quality content the community provides these days, all totally for free. It's this kind of passion from the fans that really keeps me coming back to Pokemon.What have you already played so far, if I may ask?

Also don't hesitate to share your plushies collection with us! I myself just have a cute lil Turtwig for now, but for sure the collection will slowly build soon!

Ooh you play TCG? I only really watch card openings because their reactions when pulling holos never fails to make me laugh. Who do you watch?

And yooo respect to you for having a Raspberry Pi! I've heard a bit about that when researching about Linux a while back but I've never really understood it fully yet. Sounds really cool though!

Hope you stick around and make lotsa friends because you really seem like you'd fit in with us! Anyway, sorry for all the questions hehe, and have a good day :D

Thank you! I love all the interesting things people do with their hacks and seeing them push the boundaries of what is possible. So far I've played Touhoumon Purple/Another World/World Link, and Mega Moemon FireRed. Thinking about giving Pokemon Unbound a shot next. ^^

I'll have to share a picture of my plushies sometime ^^ Turtwig is so cute, that's one I don't have yet.

Well, don't actively play anymore, that was years ago ^^; But I still love the card art and checking out collections! I usually watch people like moistcr1tikal and CrankGameplays, so not specifically Pokemon streamers.

You should give the Pi a shot! It's gotten easier than ever to use in my opinion ^^ I've done an assortment of projects with it, most recently a network of temperature sensors that talk to a Telegram bot. And I'm a Linux person in general to be honest, I've got my main PC on Mint at the moment. Really happy with my setup ^^

I'm looking forward to making new friends here so I'm glad you think so! And I don't mind the questions at all ^^

Years
  • Thank you! I love all the interesting things people do with their hacks and seeing them push the boundaries of what is possible. So far I've played Touhoumon Purple/Another World/World Link, and Mega Moemon FireRed. Thinking about giving Pokemon Unbound a shot next. ^^

I'll have to share a picture of my plushies sometime ^^ Turtwig is so cute, that's one I don't have yet.

Well, don't actively play anymore, that was years ago ^^; But I still love the card art and checking out collections! I usually watch people like moistcr1tikal and CrankGameplays, so not specifically Pokemon streamers.

You should give the Pi a shot! It's gotten easier than ever to use in my opinion ^^ I've done an assortment of projects with it, most recently a network of temperature sensors that talk to a Telegram bot. And I'm a Linux person in general to be honest, I've got my main PC on Mint at the moment. Really happy with my setup ^^

I'm looking forward to making new friends here so I'm glad you think so! And I don't mind the questions at all ^^

Aight you my friend are pretty darn cultured. We can definitely be friends.

Haven't played any of those chibi-replaced Pokemon games, nor have I even heard of Another World/World Link, but lemme just say that you won't regret playing Unbound. It's soo good. I love how you can choose difficulty settings so it appeals to both hard core gamers and casuals (like me). Tell me about your journey when you decide to start it!

I love watching Greaseball Jesus too! Am more a fan of his Among Us videos, but in general, all of the guy's content is always a banger. Have only hearda little bit about Crank though, might check him out soon.

Aight uhh how does one start getting into getting a Raspberry Pi? Do I have to buy that, or build it from scratch? Or both? Heck, what does it even do mainly, and why has it become so popular in recent years?

While we're on the topic of tech, I got into Linux just this year and have been having so much fun exploring different kinds of distros! I don't use Arch btw.

I'm thinking of installing Mint on my old laptop, but still can't decide between xcfe or cinnamon. Sesthetics or performance? Hmm. Also got Gallium OS loaded onto my chromebook (can't really even call it that anymore since all traces of google have been removed from it lmao).

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Nice to meet you and happy new year!

As someone who fairly recently stopped playing the TCG, when did you stop playing? Maybe there's some common ground there we both know of? I haven't really watched pack openings myself but my boyfriend who does sent me a few clips because he knows I used to play and I definitely see the appeal. I think Sweatcicle is someone who recently started doing them, if you're looking for someone else to watch.

All of the tech stuff you're interested in is really cool, it totally flies over my head, haha. It's cool to hear about projects people do and the kinds of things they accomplish, that's just super neat.

Back