• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Could KarateKid look at my post ? O:?

And how would you make a Map on Paint and upload onto Advanced map? if you can?

I did, just haven't had time to reply. I had my wisdom teeth out over 10 hrs ago and the novicane still hasn't worn off and I'm on vikadin (spelling?) so I want to make sure I'm completely coherent before I get to your question. The other questions were super easy:).

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
I did, just haven't had time to reply. I had my wisdom teeth out over 10 hrs ago and the novicane still hasn't worn off and I'm on vikadin (spelling?) so I want to make sure I'm completely coherent before I get to your question. The other questions were super easy:).

lol i completely understand and im sorry bout the teeth xD good luck man, i can wait :3

karatekid552

Years
I'm trying to do a new animation for Giga Impact and I would like to know a thing: can I use the animation that in battle show the Pokémon when eating a berry? And where can I find it?

I'm not quite sure.... I can't quite remember what it looks like in FR, but in Ruby, it just looks like synthesis. So why not just use synthesis as part of your attack? Just a thought.

How would I go about starting off a hack with a black screen. Can I do this with XSE?

Have your starting map be all black tiles and hide your character in a script (level script) as soon as you start. There is probably a better way, but this is easiest. Then, when you want the lights to go, just have that script warp and show the player. Movement commands for hide and show, I believe are 0x54 and 0x55 respectively.

I changed the Script to where it will Accept it, and i get an offset with free space but when i paste the offset code, in plave of the 0s in the "0x00000..." it changes, and it wont stick to the one i chose.
In Advacned map.

And i was also asking,lets say i distrubte the rom for free like planned. And other people download just the GBA file im editing straight through instead of a patch, Would i have to keep the Saved RBC files with the scripts or does hitting compile in XSE save them into the rom without needing the external RBC files?

And thank you on the last question :3

When you hit compile, it turns all of your words into numbers and adds them to the rom. So, you do not need the rbc files, but they are good to keep as many scripts are similar. Therefore, you maybe able to use old ones as reference points or templates. I do this A LOT!

A-map doesn't use 0xXXXXXX, it uses the $XXXXXX instead. Then, you must click save:p.

When you distribute the patch, also include the game code (AXVE, BPEJ, BPRE) so that they know exactly which game and language to patch. Also include the version number (1.0 or 1.1) for FR.

Here is Lu-Ho's tut on how to add (not replace) new tilesets: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156018

Here is a tutorial on adding tilesets in general: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=186982
Like FBI said, just type in tile sets and hit search!:D

And another good tutorial, (I hope...:)): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193377

For animating tiles, this should be useful: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=260619

Now I am just going to use a spoiler:

As you can tell, this Vicodin is making feel really good so I didn't mind finding all of there tutorials. I'm also pretty bored too.:D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
but the script offset for a new one is $00000000 as a default to be switch,so how would i create a working script and instert it correctly? and thank you so much for your answers XD you do not know how much of a help you are being

karatekid552

Years
but the script offset for a new one is $00000000 as a default to be switch,so how would i create a working script and instert it correctly? and thank you so much for your answers XD you do not know how much of a help you are being

I added some links for tile insertion ^^^^

First of all, it should only be 6 0's not 8 in A-map. Trust me, that makes a big difference. Now, when you compile something, your script should begin with #Dynamic 0x740000 (or any offset with free space) and then the next line should be #org @start. When you compile (click the gear button) it will show you a log and all of the offsets that it placed your script at. Take the offset for @start and copy it. Then, put it in the script offset box, preceded by the "$", so it comes out in the format $XXXXXX. You are going to replace the $000000 with this new offset.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
lol trust me ima check em all out XD too
Whenever i add the 6,i am apparently diong that part correctly, but when i add the offest of the 6 cuz i always take out the 0x to avoid the red text xD, it usualy moves the text around and adds some to fill the other 2 digits

and is there a specific way to go about adding different map tiles instead of coloring them to another palette, like say change a tree or what id like to do is put certain types of pokemon sprites as tiles? or new buildings

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
lol trust me ima check em all out XD too
Whenever i add the 6,i am apparently diong that part correctly, but when i add the offest of the 6 cuz i always take out the 0x to avoid the red text xD, it usualy moves the text around and adds some to fill the other 2 digits

When you write a script, never actually put in offsets by yourself, as you can easily break it if there aren't enough bytes in between two offsets. Always use unique @_____ labels and let XSE do it for you.

Consult diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial for more information on writing scripts.

I can tell you this however. The 7th and 8th digits in an pointer and offset, tell the location of the data as being in a part of the rom or of the ram. The 8 that is added before most script offsets and the 08 that are at the end of each pointer specify that the data is in the rom. The other numbers are in the ram.

For example, 01 is BIOS, 02 is External Working RAM, 03 Internal Working RAM, 04 is register memory/IO, 05 is Pallete Memory, 06 is Video RAM, 07 is Object Attribute Memory, 08 is the ROM, and 0E is the back-up memory. You don't need to know what all of that means, but it explains why rom offsets are preceded by an 8 and pointers are followed by a 08. This is not needed in A-map sinceit knows it is pulling from the rom.

Also, if you forget the "$" in A-map, it switches from hex mode to decimal mode, so don't forget it.

and is there a specific way to go about adding different map tiles instead of coloring them to another palette, like say change a tree or what id like to do is put certain types of pokemon sprites as tiles? or new buildings

Just read the tutorials, the most I've ever done is change the shape of the rocks and pull in new trees.:)

I'm a scripter, beginner ASMer (is that a phrase? haha), and data manipulator. I like working with numbers much better than images.:D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
you kno what idt i always kept the $ but ill keep it in mind

lol ima spriter xD that palette on the darkrai in my sig i made it :3 <3

Just a question, whats a good english hex editor i dont seem to have one, night! ill check later XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hello,

i'm trying to edit Birch's Bag (Ruby)...i've exported image from unzl, after i've exported palette from VBA, ad i've applied my palette to the exported image. what has happened is that the bag is correctly recolour, while the grass not.

This is the result image:

9ao68i.png

how can i do for seeing the correct palette also in the grass?

thanks a lot

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Im having mapping issues...

in every map I make... if I want to make a solid BLACK tile... I take the first black square from the block list and I place it where I want the black square to be in the game... makes since right... (works the same for the boarder tiles too)

but in game it comes out like this:
statue%20room.png

all those blue squiggleys should be black... how can I fix this (its like this for all my maps, not the nintendo maps)

karatekid552

Years
Im having mapping issues...

in every map I make... if I want to make a solid BLACK tile... I take the first black square from the block list and I place it where I want the black square to be in the game... makes since right... (works the same for the boarder tiles too)

but in game it comes out like this:
statue%20room.png

all those blue squiggleys should be black... how can I fix this (its like this for all my maps, not the nintendo maps)

That first tile is not indeed black, but rather empty. Transparent. If you want a black tile, you will have to find a tileset like the ones inside of houses which have actual black tiles in them that you can use.

you kno what idt i always kept the $ but ill keep it in mind

lol ima spriter xD that palette on the darkrai in my sig i made it :3 <3

Just a question, whats a good english hex editor i dont seem to have one, night! ill check later XD

HxD and GoldFinger. HxD is the best, however it doesn't support .tbl files which GoldFinger does. So, you can do everything you normally do for hex editing on HxD, and use GoldFinger just for any text editing need.

How can I change LOW HP ALARM from Signal to Music like in Pokemon Black/White into pokemon ruby Rom?

Wasn't this just answered a page or two ago by shinyquagsire?

Edit: My bad... It was answered in Research and Development by shinyquagsire not long ago.

Hello,

i'm trying to edit Birch's Bag (Ruby)...i've exported image from unzl, after i've exported palette from VBA, ad i've applied my palette to the exported image. what has happened is that the bag is correctly recolour, while the grass not.

This is the result image:

9ao68i.png

how can i do for seeing the correct palette also in the grass?

thanks a lot

My guess is that there isa second pallete. Keep looking in VBA's pallete editor as there is probobly one pallete for the bag and one for the grass.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
That first tile is not indeed black, but rather empty. Transparent. If you want a black tile, you will have to find a tileset like the ones inside of houses which have actual black tiles in them that you can use.

thanks... here is another simple one...

do yes no questions HAVE to have a yes and no answer... could I just have a no answer and if its not no it was obviously yes...

instead of:
Spoiler:

I use something like:
Spoiler:

karatekid552

Years
thanks... here is another simple one...

do yes no questions HAVE to have a yes and no answer... could I just have a no answer and if its not no it was obviously yes...

instead of:
Spoiler:

I use something like:
Spoiler:

Exactly. If it doesn't jump for yes, then the answer was obviously no. Unless you use call and return, then you would need to have a second compare command since it is returning back to the script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back