• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario Kart Wii

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Okay, so there are officially 24 characters in all, with eight cups, 4 Nitro 4 Retro, but I'm not exactly sure if these are all correct. But I am extremely sure these are the correct characters! =D

Light Weight:
    Spoiler:

Middle Weight:
    Spoiler:

Heavy Weight:
    Spoiler:

If you want any proof at all, just let me know.

Stages:
    Spoiler:

Returning Stages
    Spoiler:

Battle Courses
    Spoiler:

If I get anything else, I'll keep you updated.
    Oh, and feel free to discuss all about Mario Kart Wii! Characters, Stages, etc.

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Just today, I attended at the Mario Kart Wii Driving School in Las Vegas, NV and got my "license." Also, I got to play the game. I noticed how easy the game play was (y'know, the Wii Wheel), but I think that somehow collaborates with how challenging the courses are. Wario's Gold Mine was a difficult one and I placed rather low, but it was really fun.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I got this today and its just plain awesome. Its a bit of a learning curve (Ive gone straight into manual, and straight into a lot of walls :P) but as always nintendo's simplicity makes game shine. Top notch :)

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    Hmm, here are some of my thoughts on the game. I don't have it yet, but it looks really fun!
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Ah, just the place! Does anyone know what affects your Mii's Weight Class in Mario Kart Wii? (If you know what I'm on about)
    My sis says it's the way you proportion your Miis, but I'm not sure. I need confimation. Please and Thank you!

BTW, I prefer using the GCN controller...

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Ah, just the place! Does anyone know what affects your Mii's Weight Class in Mario Kart Wii? (If you know what I'm on about)
    My sis says it's the way you proportion your Miis, but I'm not sure. I need confimation. Please and Thank you!

BTW, I prefer using the GCN controller...

Miis are in a weight class? I honestly thought they had no weight class...
    However, I don't have the game yet, so plz don't leave angry comments against me.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    This looks so appeasing, but I'm probably going to avoid it for now. Not that I don't love the Mario Kart series, I just can't afford it alongside Grand Theft Auto IV. I mean, weighing the options, Mario Kart Wii v. GTA IV is an obvious no-contest. Grand Theft Auto can offer so much more than MK:Wii. It has over 80+ hours of gameplay versus Mario Kart's few cups and unlockables.

Eventually, I plan on buying this, but it picked a horrible release date. The competition is just too much and I'm afraid that will hurt its sales in the end.

Still, I re-iterate for those that think I'm a fanboy, I will eventually get both. Certain games just spark my interest above others.

Now onto the actual game, I love the new characters. Especially Funky Kong and Roselina.

The motorbike isn't that appealing though. I'd rather have had more characters or even more weapons.

I can't wait to play this, nonetheless. I've always loved the Mario Kart series. :D

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Ah, Roselina. Can't wait to try her. And Baby Daisy along with Baby Weegi.

Klippy, you are incorrect. Clearly you have not seen Mario Kart X.

XD I've never heard of that. Is that some ridiculous Robot Chicken sketch?

I own every Mario Kart game, except Double Dash, since I gave it to my cousin some time back.

What would've been nice also is to include double-kart in the Wii version. I loved two-per-kart. XD

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Miis are in a weight class? I honestly thought they had no weight class...
    However, I don't have the game yet, so plz don't leave angry comments against me.

Sorry, didn't consider that the majority of people here didn't have the game. And I didn't mean to be angry, I just wanted to find out about the Miis. Oh, and sorry if I spoiled anything.

Thanks...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I got the game last week, and I'm very happy. First, because of the great new track designs. I hated the 2-minutes-long tracks from previous races, and really simple tracks such as all the "Mario circuits". here we have all decently long, variated and weel designed tracks, if, maybe, the "going down from a mountain" idea is used three times. The old tracks are very well chosen, so they aren't too repeated.

Second, the graphics look very good (for the Wii standars, you know), and the mirror-like ice of one certain track from the N64 looks simply beautiful.

And finally, the Wi-Fi is really good. No lag, a really fair points distribution after the race, and people leaving the race being punished are a great improvement from the DS system.

About the motorbikes, I don't really like them, but probably because I'm not accustomed to them.
    Once again, you are only forced to use them in 150cc, and just until you beat all the trophys.

wentz

夢の途中
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2008
    just got mine , glad i got it .
    wifi is the best part XD

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I'm looking for some people to play online... If any of you guys have this and Wifi, PM me.

My code's 2535-4016-5755.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I got this game the day it came out, and I still haven't finished it. *shot'd for lack of fandom dedication

Is there are FC exhanged thread for games like these or do you guys mostly go to other forums for that? o0

*goes back to 150cc Special Cup

WarHawk

No more School.
    Years
    MarioKart Wii Offical Thread

Does anybody have this game?
    I think it's awesome because of the new tracks and the online play.
    I really love how it doesn't lag much as Super Smash Bros.
    If anyone wants a race I'm up for the challenge.
    But I might not be on because my little nephew keeps on playing.

-KyoZ (I can play MarioKart DS if you wnat to play)

Last edited:

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
    Years
    I love the Mario Kart series, so of course I had this game. Sadly though all the skill I remember having in Double Dash must have disappeared or something, because I'm having issues in 150 CC and Mirror Mode. I guess normally those parts can get frustrating, but I don't remember doing this bad.

Mario Kart though might be one of my favorite series, but at the same time I hate it so much. It is one of the few games I get angry at and make me throw a controller (I do my best to make sure its safely onto a couch cushion or something though, luckily my rage is slightly controlled). Rubber Banding has to be the most evil of all video game programming I've had to have seen ever.

Also Mario Kart is one of the few games that me and my brother can actually be on equal grounds with, normally I'm just way better than him.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Going to be getting it on my Birthday in 4 days <3

I've been watching some videos and reading the reviews, and I'm excited.

( The commercial almost made me puke -_-' )

Back