• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stuck in a hard place... what should i do?

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years

Okay.. *gulps*

As many of you know, PC has been crumbling recently. People leaving. Dakota, then Junichi, Cosmo, Imakuni?, Dizzy, almost Starlight Umbreon to top it off. All of whom were well known PC members. There's something about PC that isn't the same anymore. Something's missing. And that something is the thing that used to make PC such a awesome place. It used to be so full of people, cheerful, bustling, welcoming. The members were all easy to get along with and friendly.The mod's were great. I used to find it hard to stay away from PC, i enjoyed being there so much. PC seems to have become much more of a n00b haven, and we have been bombarded with quite alot of younger and more immature newbies, some who have got on peoples nerves. I actually dislike a few people around here, and one particular member is quite disturbing. Things don't feel right here anymore. Now i feel like it's almost a chore to post here. Which is really sad for me, cause to see PC die like this is horrible. I don't have anywere else to go to hang out with fellow Pokemon fans in a large community, apart from Serebii, and you know how i feel about that place. Anyway, PC can never be replaced by any other forum.

Don't get me wrong, i know it's the Holidays which means less people online ect, we're going through a bad patch and PC may be better in a while, but it's just hard to belive at the moment. The occasional thread may catch my eye, but hardly anythings interesting anymore.

Right now i don't know what to do... PC is kinda depressing at the moment, there's a bad atmosphere around and i'm already pretty upset IRL, i'm having a bad time, personal problems, my health, education ect ect.

I have lost quite a few of my original PC friends here, and i can't help feel that people tend to ignore me more these days. If i ask a question in a post for example people don't always reply. I feel as if nobody really notices me much. Some people seem to dislike it that i pretty obviously show that i am a HP fan, and HP dislikers have to comment on it. I feel pretty lonely here at the moment....

I by no means want to leave PC. I just don't know what to do. One of the reasons i've been less active is because there's not much going on here anymore ect. So i don't tend to post so much. That's also one of the reasons i posted this, just to tell people. I think i've appeared quite argumentative recently, and i'm more fiery. Just to let you know i don't want anyone to take it personally if i have. My lifes been pretty horrible these last few months. I don't have any friends IRL. I get picked on, and my Mom and i have been falling out alot recently. I've had arguements on the web and fallen out with people. I just feel really upset inside about it and i end up taking it out on somebody i dissagree with ect. So sorry if i have been acting not like the normal Tatt recently.

I don't know whether i'll post much at all anymore. But i'm not leaving PC so please don't jump to that thought, i'll stay here whether it's dead or not. PC still has hope in getting back stable again. Well, if you've read this whole long post than i thankyou for it. I know i probaly sound idiotic. And whoever is angry with all the people who have been setting up these types of threads in the last 2 days, well, i am by no means trying to get attention for no reason. I just wanted to get this off my chest. So please don't flame me.

~Tatt
    xxxxx

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    For some reason I just dont belive her...just a prey at some attention...notice this started happing right after Daktoa left?

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
    blue said:
    For some reason I just dont belive her...just a prey at some attention...notice this started happing right after Daktoa left?

Look Blue, i don't care what you think. I said that i was not asking for attention. I just needed to get this off my chest okay? I have been feeling like this for MUCH longer than when Dakota made his leaving thread. I don't want to keep this stuff bottled up anymore or feel guilty about the way i've been acting. If you can't undertsand thats fine.

Years
    I understand you.All that remains is giving confidence to the good members leaving.Some have a long time here and it's not fair that only for a bad person they leave.

Tha problem here is that some members think that insulting someone won't hurt his/her feelings.A big part of tha people leaving is due to another person that makes his/her life impossible,then the annoyer stands quietly seeing how they leave.

I'm kinda new here,and i can't say much about tha pc changes,but its true if someone says that we're in a bad road.This road leads to tha death an war of pc,but we can go to tha right path to armony and peace(soorry for being very filosofic)

do we want peace,or war? it is all in our hands. do ya are with me?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    *cries* I've only been here a few weeks, but the disturbing thing is, I can find almost nothing interesting in the forums. The only reason I'm here is that I don't have anywhere else to go. I can tell, PC used to be the best site ever. But... it's different now. And I really hope you don't dislike me, Tatt.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    I don't really see how you guys can make accurate judgments on what PC "used to be like". All of you joined after January of this year... Unless any of your had older usernames, which might explain why your making the judgment.

Tattsu, Blue is just mad or whatever. I believe you, mostly due to the fact I feel the exact same way you do about PC. I, however, do not plan on leaving any time soon. No matter how many n00bies PC gets overrun with.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    I understand how you feel, Tatt.

PC just isn't the same anymore (at least, from when I got here)... The numbers of flamers, n00b newbies, and other people who are usally very immature have increased in the Pok?Community.
    I think I'm being ingored a bit as well- It isn't too fun, frankly, when no one actaully replies to your posts. But ah well, as I say, it hasn't gotten to me yet.

Who knows? Perhaps this post shall go ignored, but I'm still going to state my opinion on this matter.

Anyways, the slight irony- My life isn't as simple as well anymore, and some of the things you listed are a problem or two of my own.

I hope things get better, and I'm sorry, Tatt, if this didn't help much.
    Let's hope for the best, and meanwhile, put those n00bish people on our ignore lists.
    Or perhaps not, but I certainly hope this crisis will be resolved soon... Let's cross our fingers.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    blue, she obviously wasn't doing it for attention, but to make a point. ~*Silent Tattsu*~ I know what you mean... PC realy isn't the same as from when i first joined the new PC... It's just not right. Sure there are newer members that make me feel like flaming but I dont. The only reason I'm leaving is because I'm having real life hardships and maybe somethings on PC i really don't like. Ever since my father left, Life has had its ups and downs...right now, its really down.

Years
    I've said that i will not judge tha changes of pc cause i joined in june. I will not say that pc has changed cause i'm kinda new here.

All that i try to say is that some members are very disrespectful, or not?

I was seeing tha old pc a few weeks ago, and i don't remember tha smallest insult.any. look to this pc.

I don't say that pc sucks or anithingie like that. But it's true that we're in bad road people!

Hikaru's Twin

Clinging to Mrs. Christie
    Years
    I completely agree with you Tatt on everything you say.

PC really is starting to change its shape under all of this, and like many, i'm not one for it. In fact it upsets me among other things, and sometimes i really do wonder if PC really is just going through a bad patch that will blow over with time. Over those past few-let's say-months, more and more newbies have crept in and overloaded PC with spam by use of their attention seeking tactics and further more they seem to have the best luck in gaining friends here, half of the time-or at least they're not ignored.

Before this change occured..my posts used to be a lot longer..but now i realise that there's barely any point in bothering now, because i'm ignored and shunned to the side while the newbies, those of a literally higher status or those who choose to add lame humour and information that has absolutely nothing to do the topic what so ever are given all the attention one could crave. Yet i do not crave attention here nor is that the reason in which i post. In most cases i just want to share my interests or add a valid opinion to the topic, but now i feel that it has now been made so that, under current circumstances, it now seems impossible.

There's also the friendship that i've had with others here, again before anything like this occured, though i don't completely blame any newbies for this crumbling to pieces. I used to have a decent friendship with someone who is now a Moderator. I won't name names, but it seems being modded has become even more of a popularity boost for that person, and to put it very bluntly, it's all gone to their head. That-with the assumption that they just decided to forget about me because i'm now so much less popular than them.

Funnily enough, that's not the only friendship gone there are a lot more and they weren't just friends that came from the "Hey, i'll add you to my Friend List!" fad. They were real friends. Or at least they were while they were still there. Not mentioning names again, but i did actually put it past one person about my worries of losing the friendship i had with them and they told me that they understood...etc..etc...etc..but although it seemed like that, it wasn't. Well, contradictory, i think it was, because all i got out of it after was a few more "Heys" and then i became invisible.

As for other friendships, the ones that i haven't still got. It was more a case of "Out with the old and in with the new" for them.

That's what's probably changed the face of PC more for me than anything else. This won't push me away from PC though. I live in hope always.

Even when i'm perfectly aware that this post will be ignored....

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Hikaru's Twin said:
    I completely agree with you Tatt on everything you say.

PC really is starting to change its shape under all of this, and like many, i'm not one for it. In fact it upsets me among other things, and sometimes i really do wonder if PC really is just going through a bad patch that will blow over with time. Over those past few-let's say-months, more and more newbies have crept in and overloaded PC with spam by use of their attention seeking tactics and further more they seem to have the best luck in gaining friends here, half of the time-or at least they're not ignored.

Before this change occured..my posts used to be a lot longer..but now i realise that there's barely any point in bothering now, because i'm ignored and shunned to the side while the newbies, those of a literally higher status or those who choose to add lame humour and information that has absolutely nothing to do the topic what so ever are given all the attention one could crave. Yet i do not crave attention here nor is that the reason in which i post. In most cases i just want to share my interests or add a valid opinion to the topic, but now i feel that it has now been made so that, under current circumstances, it now seems impossible.

There's also the friendship that i've had with others here, again before anything like this occured, though i don't completely blame any newbies for this crumbling to pieces. I used to have a decent friendship with someone who is now a Moderator. I won't name names, but it seems being modded has become even more of a popularity boost for that person, and to put it very bluntly, it's all gone to their head. That-with the assumption that they just decided to forget about me because i'm now so much less popular than them.

Funnily enough, that's not the only friendship gone there are a lot more and they weren't just friends that came from the "Hey, i'll add you to my Friend List!" fad. They were real friends. Or at least they were while they were still there. Not mentioning names again, but i did actually put it past one person about my worries of losing the friendship i had with them and they told me that they understood...etc..etc...etc..but although it seemed like that, it wasn't. Well, contradictory, i think it was, because all i got out of it after was a few more "Heys" and then i became invisible.

As for other friendships, the ones that i haven't still got. It was more a case of "Out with the old and in with the new" for them.

That's what's probably changed the face of PC more for me than anything else. This won't push me away from PC though. I live in hope always.

Even when i'm perfectly aware that this post will be ignored....

Awww, I never shunned you, I kept you in mind as one of my valuable friends, Sheridan ^_^. About the New Members (and no offence, because what I'm about to say is by no means Rated G) get All the Status -_-, New members really are the one's ignoring us older members, and that's pretty much why most of the older members get pissed off enough to just either flame or leave (hopefully though, we'll all be mature and just keep quiet about the criticisms of Newbies) Sheridan, you're an Awesome Person!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Hikaru and Tatt, since I know you're both very kind people it's sad to see that you both feel this way...I haven't been here long enough to understand what that would feel like, but I can imagine...I, as part of the constantly-mentioned wave of n00bs who's supposedly ruined PC, feel bad that I might be a part of what's happened. I know I'm nowhere near as popular as people like Casty or Karli, but I know that my presence here has likely caused damage to some people, and I'm sorry if I come to mind when you think of attention-stealers. I don't know how to make the situation better, because the n00bs seem like they're just going to keep coming, but I hope that some of us can be part of the solution instead of the problem...

Even if the new people garner a lot of the popularity, please don't think you're forgotten. I remember you both very well, and consider you some of the kindest members here. PC is a busy place, and I somehow think that's the reason you may have been overlooked from time to time. I don?t think that anyone really desires to ignore anyone here...maybe it?s a good thing that you all have spoken up so we can try harder in the future to include everyone. I hope that the members here who care anything about the vets here would do that, and maybe PC would seem a little more like its old self again, whatever that old self may have been. The n00bs can take care of ourselves, but those of us who really care about PC need to take care of each other.

Don?t give up yet, I don?t want to see any more members leave if they?re sincerely upset with the state of PC as it is. I?m sorry that I can?t say that I know for a fact that things will be better in the future here, I?m not PC?s soothsayer after all, but we can at least hope and try.

And Tatt, I?m sorry if things haven?t been good in your life, it happens to many of us, and I can understand. I leave PC sometimes when I don?t feel right, and I think anyone who is having problems in their life should be allowed to leave...this is just a speck on the map of the internet, and in the end your life matters much more than this place...I think I?ve given a little too much of mine to PC, actually. I just hope that things can be resolved both in your life and at PC so you and everyone else can feel included.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    Why does everyone think Dakota was the first to make his leaving thread, Junichi was, then Dakota shortly after.

Um, okay, I can understand your reasons, Tatt, and I don't blame you. It's good to vent, very good. Um, you will still be on MSN?

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Same here, dude. ;__; So many peeps are leaving, I might as well leave too! ;__; And Dizzy's gone.. Big brother.. *sniffles* We've been partners in crime, and now that PC's boring, he's gone..

I hate this.. I really do, I don't want to leave either. But this place is getting bombarded with dumb butt members and all the cool ones are leaving ;__; I hate this, big brother left.. ;__; And Dakota's leaving too.. Not fair! T__T All the cool peeps are leaving.. If i ever leave, I'll prolly just post at the Daily Chit chat, not really make a whole thread about it.. ;_;

*dies*

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
    I know exactly what you mean, Tatt. When I first joined as Pluslechu back in February, everything seemed much better than it is now. There's one particular person who I used to think was my friend until they started talking about something I find highly disturbing and I'm not sure whether to take it seriously or not. I just avoid this one person (They bug me so much that I even wish on stars for them to go away @_@). Things in real life for me are getting better, but PC is the total opposite... It's being overrun with n00bs who use bad grammar, are rude, are ages 9 or under, and other stuff I find annoying. And I think it's very sad that people have been leaving so much lately, as a matter of fact I even made a goodbye thread (And it cost me my pair, dangit! He thought I was leaving permanently so he paired up with Teara) because I found PC boring and depressing. PC used to be something I always looked forward to at school, in the morning, and when I went to bed. But lately I've been hesitant to get on. I try to keep my spirits up but it just ain't working. -_-;;

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Nah, Stary aint Leaving, she just made another account... Plus, I dun plan in leaving... I understand ya, CaRtOON, but ya can't Leave! Please! Ya have friends here!
    And I agreee with what Jedi_Amara said in another thread: They WILL come back, but they dun wanna say when. When the Summer Holydays ends, Im sure lots of them will come back...

Estrella Oscura

Has left....
    Years
    I know how you feel realy i do. I have been here a while. Though i was going to leave due to something els.
    PC is not the same as it use to be at all realy. Seems cold to me a lot of the times. Couls be just the new people or the leaveing of a lot of memebers/friends. I'm not sure but i know the feeling well.
    I find my self not posting as much i i use to either. ick this is just a bad feeling all the way around >.<
    (this is StarLightUmbreon by the way)

Back