• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Pokémon Ranger a good game?

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
  • Lately, I've been thinking about buying Pokémon Ranger. I've read a couple of reviews about it, and it seems good to me, but I guess I can get a better picture here. So, is Ranger worth buying or not? Does it have some major flaws or something that makes it a super great game?

I liked MD Blue a lot and I don't really mind some repetitive gameplay, mut too much is always too much. I don't expect it to be a masterpiece anyway, since not a lot has been heard from it, but I think I still want it... Help me!

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Well, I did play it, it was a good game, but not really THAT good..
    Personally, I found it had a rather short story.
    And my toouvh screen became scratched because of it!

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • The only real reason I got Pokemon Ranger was for Manaphy. It's an ok game but you put it down the first time you beat it. But I would just wait for Shadows of Almia to come out instead of buying the first game. You get Darkrai, Manaphy, and Aura Sphere Riolu in that game.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The only real reason I got Pokemon Ranger was for Manaphy. It's an ok game but you put it down the first time you beat it. But I would just wait for Shadows of Almia to come out instead of buying the first game. You get Darkrai, Manaphy, and Aura Sphere Riolu in that game.

Agreed.
    Why get an older version when the new one is not that far away?

I thought pokemon ranger was an O.K game for the time i played it, but it got a bit boring.
    You should buy it only if you like making circles, and to get manaphy, but thats basically it.
    it gets really annoying with some pokemon because they are so hard to catch, but it was fun while it lasted.
    the sidequests were really boring though, it isn't that fun looking for skitty(plural).

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Oh, there's a new one coming? I didn't know that... I think I'll rather get Shadows of Almia then, or at least wait until it's out. I did get the old Mystery Dungeon, though, when the new ones were only a couple of days away, but I've still been happy with it (it was a LOT cheaper that way, seriously).

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • It's not bad, not as good as PMD(2) but it's not a bad game like Trozei (Yes Trozei sucked), if you can find it for a relatively low price than I suggest buying it.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Aww, but you don't get Plusle of Minun as your starter in Shadows of Almia :( That almost makes me reconcider which one I should get...

DracoKnight

Destroyer
    Years
  • Pokemon rangers was an ok game. 5.6/10 ! being lowest. The game as DeathlyHollows said was short, and it wasn't to exiting. There was too much talking. Why don't you just download it for free? i did that.

Catsupper

"Right Through Time" Master
    Years
  • Well, I did play it, it was a good game, but not really THAT good..
    Personally, I found it had a rather short story.
    And my toouvh screen became scratched because of it!

Not that good ?
    Are u serious the game was awesome..
    you probaly said that becuause it was challenging or some parts maybe too hard for u...

The game has a lot of details

Heres my Rating:

Graphics:9 out of 10
    Sound:10 out of 10
    Story:10 out 10
    Overall:10 out of 10

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2009
    I love Pokemon Ranger. I don't personally own the game but I have friends who do. I find that it's a great twist on the Pokemon world, and circling things like crazy it really addictive. I also like the puzzle elements attached to each Pokemon, making for some puzzlework to spice the game up even more.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I loved Pokemon Ranger. I spent so long playing it and I enjoyed every minute of it. It is quite short as others have mentioned.If you do plan on playing it, please get a screen protector so your DS won't be tortured. ;O

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Aww, but you don't get Plusle of Minun as your starter in Shadows of Almia :( That almost makes me reconcider which one I should get...

even though. u can get more than 1 partner pokemon. u can switch the partner.

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
    Years
  • I enjoyed it, it was really fun. Except the very last battle of the game, not going to say anything because of spoilers but ARGH! That was the first time I've ever been so frustrated by a Pokemon game that I could have thrown my DS at the wall. XD

Back