• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love has no boundaries

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
  • What are you're views on love? What do you think is right and what do you think is wrong?

For me, I don't think it matters. Though, in a way it can depend on age since most of the time having some seven year old dating a 21 year old would be a bit much but I mean if you see a 14 year old dating a 21 year old, it wouldnt matter to me, why?

Because I believe that love can be what you want it to be. Love has no boundaries and love is something everyone lives to experience. Love is one of our many tools of survival and not just being loved by a boyfriend and girlfriend but also by friends and even family.

Whether your 14 and have a 21 year old boyfriend, you're safe with him, as long as he is a very good person and treats you with lots of love and respect. Love shouldnt be destroyed because the person isnt doing anything wrong, just because of religion, disability, age, nationality or even sexuality. We are human beings and if we want to be in love with someone ten times older than us and they treat us with respect, should it really be sinned open? Surely, there are restrictions to certian ages as I said but not all the time.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • This is a very Greek mindset.
    It's admirable, but not many people are comfortable with this kind of stuff.

Of course, you have full dominion over your life.
    And... There are people though.

- - -

As for the ITT, I think whatever is right...
    i.e. with consent.

But if we're talking about something overly unacceptable, socially...
    Well, rock on, but keep me out of it.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I think a 21 year old dating a 14 year old is a bit much to be honest ._. I don't think age should be a huge thing, but that's a huge time gap, the 14 year old isn't even fully mature yet. Not to mention, that's illegal if they end up having sex.

Yeah, I don't think love has boundaries, but that's kind of an extreme way of looking at it.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Love doesn't have boundaries but a 14 year old dating a 21 year old has to be a bit extreme. The girl/boy wouldn't know enough for that to be considered OK.

When people grow up the age gap isn't important at all. Aslong as there is love and they both feel the same way I think that is perfectly acceptable.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    What are you're views on love? What do you think is right and what do you think is wrong?

For me, I don't think it matters. Though, in a way it can depend on age since most of the time having some seven year old dating a 21 year old would be a bit much but I mean if you see a 14 year old dating a 21 year old, it wouldnt matter to me, why?

Because I believe that love can be what you want it to be. Love has no boundaries and love is something everyone lives to experience. Love is one of our many tools of survival and not just being loved by a boyfriend and girlfriend but also by friends and even family.

Whether your 14 and have a 21 year old boyfriend, you're safe with him, as long as he is a very good person and treats you with lots of love and respect. Love shouldnt be destroyed because the person isnt doing anything wrong, just because of religion, disability, age, nationality or even sexuality. We are human beings and if we want to be in love with someone ten times older than us and they treat us with respect, should it really be sinned open? Surely, there are restrictions to certian ages as I said but not all the time.

OMG, you think so much like me. Yes, love can be what you want it to be. But if you count sex as a part of it, then the answer is no. But even if strong liking is totally acceptable, trying to think more than that requires a little maturity. Otherwise, you could end up in a bad confusion, and a break up.

Respect isn't an issue in love - love and respect are not related. If you care deeply for someone, that automatically tells you to do good to them, just like you'd do to yourself. If people let other people out of their hand just cause of their religion, disability, age, nationality, then it wasn't love in the first place.

In the end, everything is okay, as long as you understand the true meaning of love. Otherwise, it can end up bad. After all, "Everything is fair in love and war"

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    14 and 21 isn't extreme when you consider my dad is 15 years older than my mom...

Anyways, I guess there is no boundary to love in age. I mean... look at Bella and Edward from Twilight! *show brutally*

I also have hots for people 6 years older than me anyways.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • It's weird because, when you think about it a 5 or 6 year old gap as an older perosn seems fine, but as a child through to teenager our opinions on it change.

Take for example a 25 year old dating a 20 year old, that doesn't seem so bad, but then a 13 year old dating an 8 year old. It seems weirder than that of 20 to 25. I don't think love has boundaries (within reason) because people can do what they want with their life, if they make a mistake they have to fix it, not us. I think a good gap would be maybe 1-3 years.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    It's weird because, when you think about it a 5 or 6 year old gap as an older perosn seems fine, but as a child through to teenager our opinions on it change.

Take for example a 25 year old dating a 20 year old, that doesn't seem so bad, but then a 13 year old dating an 8 year old. It seems weirder than that of 20 to 25. I don't think love has boundaries (within reason) because people can do what they want with their life, if they make a mistake they have to fix it, not us. I think a good gap would be maybe 1-3 years.
    I completely agree with you, adult gaps don't really seem weird, but when it comes to adolescents, it get a bit weird. Love, is love whether it is between a man and woman, a man and man, or a woman woman.. be they any age..

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Love doesn't have boundaries but a 14 year old dating a 21 year old has to be a bit extreme. The girl/boy wouldn't know enough for that to be considered OK.

I agree with the OP 100% but disagree with this unfortunately. As a 14 year-old, I can assure you I understood what relationships took to work, and what it could lead to. whether I was mature enough is a different story.

As long as you want something enough, then you go get it. That's all I can say.

jane18

O n e A n d O n l y!!
    Years
  • uhh love can be very hard, and age does matter ayy, i reckon if ur a 14yr old going out with a 21 yr old is bad its like dating a pedo :O....

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • As far as age is concerned, I think a 14 year old with a 21 year old is a bit extreme.. it could work, yes, but I think there would be quite a strain. Sex should be a no-go, and no matter how nice the older of the two is, I don't exactly think the 14 year-old's parents are going to go for that so much..

Personally, at least for a few more years, I'm not looking to date anyone any more or less than around two years within my own age.

As for love in general..
    My views on it have changed drastically within the past couple of years.. it's been a bit more tainted, and less vivid, imaginable, and appealing as it used to be, but probably only because I tend to experience the more bitter aspects of love.
    As far as what love could be by definition.. you got me stumped.. I don't think there is one.
    As far as love as an action or a feeling, I do believe this:

I do believe that love is an action more than it is a feeling. You can't say "I love you" to someone and then turn around and yell at them for every little thing they do, or if they do something that wasn't in your plan, or if they don't do what you wanted them to do. You can't say "I love you" to someone and never take the time to be with them, and never take the time to give to them.
    If you say "I love you" to someone, you should always be willing to stand by their side, and stand up for them. You should never be embarrassed by them. You should give them the freedom to make their own decisions, and to choose their own paths. You should never try to control anything that they do. You should learn to accept them as they come, and you should learn to get along with their friends and family, and at least give those people a chance to be friendly towards you, before pushing them away. And even if you don't like their friends/family, you should still suck it up and spend time with them if that's what the other person wants, because you love that person and you should be able to bear a little bad company for their sake.

I could ramble on about this for hours..
    So I will stop there.
    Love has never been very kind to me, but I'll still keep my optimism high about it..
    Though I'm definetely taking a break from "love" right now.. emotions can only take so much torment during a certain period of time.. >.<

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • While the first post is a bit racist its true. I have kids in my class dating 18 year olds and hell im 15 goin on 16 and she is 18. Love of course is involved.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    But the majority of the situations like this, the 21 year old guy is only interested in one thing. It's an easy thing to say you love someone but how do you know they actually mean it? It's not all flowers, love and rainbows out there; there are evil people with evil intentions and it's hard to tell who they are.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    It all depends on what you believe about love.

I personally believe love goes much deeper then what people think of.

Firstly, I don't believe love is a physical emotion, love goes much deeper then that. You can love someone without being in a relationship with them.

So yes, I believe a 21 year old and 14 year old can love eachother, but I don't think a relationship could work.

~Mooshykris

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Whether or not potential love between two people, I'll just use the 14 and 21 example for the sake of argument, is legitimate, is irrelevant. There are very few cases in our society today that this kind of "love" would even be possible due to the fact that it is a socially rejected situation. Our society today strongly stresses the idea of childhood innocence. Now all you 14 year old kids reading this can claim that you're a teenager, not a child. But the fact is that there is little difference between the two. Now I'm not saying by any means that at 16 I'm an adult. I consider myself far away from being fully grown up. The fact is that our society today frowns upon a relationship between two people if one of more of them are underage and there is at least a two year difference. This in part is related to the idea of sex. Going back to the innocence statement, the older person in the relationship becomes seen as a "monster" that takes advantage of the other person in that relationship. And whether or not they are having sex is besides the point, it is just assumed, because that's how our society works.

Back