• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Corpse] Thine bony, fiery Quetzacoatl

POKEMON_MASTER_0

caffeine 1mg/mL, 240 mL po q4h prn fatigue
Years
  • [FONT=&quot]"Yes, I finally got my first Pokémon!" an overzealous, brown-haired kid exclaimed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He skipped along the dusty Route 001 in the predawn light.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I'll admit: it was from a professor. However…it isn't a Pikachu. It's my one and only, super awesome…Flare!" Adding with an ominous whisper, "It's a Charmander."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He continued on his merry way, Flare's Pokeball clasped in his right hand, and superficial sense of optimism in his heart.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Now where to use this thing…perhaps on that bush!" he shouted, extending a pudgy figure to lush thicket by the side of the road.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He tossed the ball and yelled, "Go! Pokeball!" [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In a brilliant flash of blue light, a Charmander appeared before the boy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Flare, torch this bush…um…thicket-thing."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Char?" it squeaked.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Go on little buddy!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It hesitated a second, then sent of flurry of white-hot sparks at the foliage. The entire bush lit up the color of the sun.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Yeah! Burn, burn!" the boy screamed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regrettably, the entire spectacle lasted only for a span of ten seconds. All plant matter lying extinct in a pile of soot, the boy withdrew his Pokémon in the flash of a red laser beam, and then gave a self-satisfied sniffle.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He had taken no more than a few steps away from the ruin, when a voice boomed from behind, "Yo! What da heck holmes? You's just torched ma crib! What da crud's up wit' dat?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The boy's blood suddenly ran cold. Who could this irate voice belong to? Could it be his rival, or was it be a member of an evil organization whose name was preceded by "Team"? If all else failed, it had to a generic solo-bandit who sought world domination for no apparent reason…or, a pokegangsta. Please, not a pokegangsta.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"At's right! I'm talkin' ta ya, holmes. I'm gonna take yo Pokémon firs', then yo crib."[/FONT]

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Ash looked up at the Rocket recruit. For a long moment, there was nothing but silence. No one said a word. No wild pokémon rustled the grass around them. Even the wind didn't dare blow.

Slowly, Ash looked to Dawn and Brock. Dawn and Brock looked blankly at each other. Jessie and James mimicked this exchange of glances, and Meowth merely stood perfectly still. Cautiously, Pikachu glanced over his shoulder in uncertainty, as if he was just waiting for Ash's orders.

And then, finally, as Ash looked at the recruit – the fresh face in the black uniform with the zubat and venonat by his side and the devilish smile plastered across his face – he couldn't help but sigh.

"That's it?" he asked.

The recruit straightened. "Shut up an' gimme yo pikachu!"

"The twerp's got a point," Jessie said as she waved her hand. "That was dull."

At the risk of failing his training, the recruit whirled around to snap at his superiors. "Who asked ya?!"

"Is that any way to talk to your elders?" James snapped as he pouted and put his hands on his hips. "If you want to be a member of Team Rocket, you've got to follow procedure!"

"What the hell ya talkin' 'bout?!"

"Pro-ce-dure!" Jessie replied. She shrugged, holding her hands outward with the palms facing the sky. "You've got to have style, with an entrance that leaves your target absolutely breathless by your artistry!"

"Oh yes!" James exclaimed. "You need magnificent machinery if you want perfectly purloined pokémon!"

"An' ya gotta have a catchy rhyme!" Meowth added.

Out of seemingly nowhere, Wobbuffet appeared to salute. "Wobbuffet!"

At that point, Brock leaned towards his companions and said, "Maybe we should leave these guys alone."

His younger companions nodded, and without a word, the three humans and the pikachu walked away.

"Now, let's show him how it's really done!" Jessie announced.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • "To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"You see, I've never understood that part," Butch jumped in. "It makes you two sound like good guys."

Cassidy, Annie, and Oakley nodded their heads.

"Hey, don't interrupt!" Jessie shrieked.

"Why?" Cassidy interjected. "We've heard it so many times that we're starting to say it in our sleep."

"That's not true!" Jessie griped. When Annie pointed to a now-snoozing Oakley mumbling about surrendering or preparing to fight, however, she faltered. "Okay, so maybe we do say it quite a bit…But it's our tradition!"

"Our battle cry!" James agreed.

"Our claim to fame!"

"Our calling card!"

"Though I'd like more than one line," Meowth grumbled.

In a sudden flurry of movement, Annie leaped to the top of a nearby boulder, and then addressed the others with fervor in her voice. "We digress! Arceus isn't going to catch himself!" She pulled a cell phone out of her pocket, and dialed a number. Once this was accomplished, she stood looking towards the horizon, shielding her eyes with a hand. No one moved for nearly a minute.

"Is something supposed to be happening?" James finally ventured, everyone jumping at the sudden sound of his voice.

"Actually, I was just enjoying watching the sunset," Annie replied. She then punched another number on her phone, and the ground started shaking. After a moment, a fissure split the ground near the group, and then a cloud of dirt, shrubs, and an unfortunate Oddish violently erupted into the air. A dark shape appeared inside the dust cloud, and then it took a few lumbering, clanking steps forward. An abrupt gust of wind swept the remainder of the dust away, and all but Annie and James gasped at what they saw (Annie knew what the thing was already, and James had been knocked unconscious by the Oddish as it re-entered the earth's atmosphere).

The previously indistinguishable mass was revealed to be a titanic Groudon mech.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • "Now how am I supposed to be heroic, and destroy that?!" moaned Jack.

"FLUFFY!!" yelled Jack's not so smart sister, she dropped the baby Pokémon she was carrying and started running towards the giant machine.

"No, you're supposed to run away form danger, not towards it!" Jack yelled, grabbed the baby Lugia off the ground, and gave chase to his annoying, dumber than a bag of hammers, sister.

Jack had trouble catching up, running with a baby bird that must have weighed fifty pounds slowed him down. He dodged tree limb after tree limb, jumped over logs, and managed to really piss off some Beedrill, all while running with an overweight baby Lugia; who had too much to eat, and was now reacting the same way a can of soda does when shaken.

"EWWW!" Jack shouted noticing the baby's stomach contents all over his shirt. He stopped running and held the baby away from his body as far as his arms would allow him too.

"Don't drop the baby," demanded his sister as she took it out of Jacks arms. "Didn't anyone ever tell you not to shake a baby?"

"I had no choice…" Jack panted, "I was trying to keep up with.. hey where did you come form?!"

"That's no excuse," she scolded, " and, yo.., FLUFFY!!" she screamed again, threw the Lugia at jack, who was still processing what was going on, and ran off. Jack barley caught the bird before his sister bolted off towards the Mecha.

The sudden movement and flying startled the baby, and it stared to cry; and further more refused to stop.

Completely annoyed by the crying, and his sisters incompetence, not to mention her lack of attention span, he place the baby gently on the ground, and walked away slowly after his sister. As the crying baby was just about out of earshot, a loud flapping noise filled the valley in which Jack was walking in.

Jack turned his head to the sky to see a large, full grown Lugia hovering above him. He stopped to watch the grace full giant.

"For saving my baby, I will spare your life."

"Who's there?" questioned Jack.

"It is I, the one above you."

"Lugia?"

"Yes, that is what humans call me, but I must warn you, your human companion will not be spared."

"My sister?" questioned Jack, but he got no answer.

A white ball of energy formed in Lugia's gaping mouth. A stream of it shot towards the center of the valley. A great explosion occurred upon impact, destroying everything in the valley, except for Jack, who now stood in a vacant charred filed.

"My sister…" a tear formed in Jack's eye, "YES!!," he shouted, " I'M FREE!!!!, oh thank you thankyouthankyou."

"For acting like that, you life now has no meaning."

"Oh that's just great," moaned Jack, " Now what? I mean, now my life has no meaning what so ever."

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • "[FONT=&quot]Oh that's just great," moaned jack, " Now what? I mean, now my life has no meaning what so ever."[/FONT]

"[FONT=&quot]Jeeze," said Steven, "It was just one battle, get over it already."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jack looked up at Steven, his friend from childhood, and replied, "I know, but I always thought the fact that I had never lost made me special...and different."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Steven sat down beside Jack and sighed. He then made his response, "You know, I think you need some professional help. C'mon, I know a good place in Vermilion City."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And so the two stood up and began to walk. A few nondescript days later, they found themselves standing in front of the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT][FONT=&quot]okétrainer's [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I[/FONT][FONT=&quot]nstitute for [/FONT][FONT=&quot]p[/FONT][FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ychological [/FONT][FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]tudies in[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Vermilion City. They entered the building, and went straight to the reception desk. Steven said to the receptionist, "Excuse me, but I think my friend here might have been a self-insert in a previous life, and he's having trouble coping with his current incarnation."[/FONT]

"[FONT=&quot]Down the hall, second on the left, can't miss it," came the response. She mentioned to Jack before he left, "Don't worry, we get cases like yours all the time, hon."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jack walked down the hallway, not sure what to expect. What he found upon entering the room was a rather professional looking fellow sitting in a chair with a clipboard. The man asked Jack, "Do you ever feel like you want to sleep with your mother?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jack was taken aback by this, and answered, "Um...no."[/FONT]

"[FONT=&quot]I see, thank you. Now that that's out of the way, would you please lie down here?" the psychologist replied while gesturing to a couch.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jack lay down on the comfortable piece of furniture, and found himself more relaxed. He stared at the ceiling, and heard the doctor say, "So, what's on your mind?"[/FONT]

"[FONT=&quot]Well, it seems like my life has lost its former meaning, now that I've lost a Pokémon battle."[/FONT]

"[FONT=&quot]You never lost before?"[/FONT]

"[FONT=&quot]No, I didn't." said Jack, before pausing abruptly and then continuing, "Well...actually, I don't really remember anything before this feeling of disappointment in myself. I don't know why I have the idea that I never lost a battle, either. It just occurred to me a few days ago. Do you know what that means?"[/FONT]

"[FONT=&quot]No, I'm afraid I don't know what it means," replied the psychologist, "but it may have something to do with a theory concerning multiple universes. Regardless, the most important thing for you to do now is to[/FONT]

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • "No, I'm afraid I don't know what it means," replied the psychologist, "but it may have something to do with a theory concerning multiple universes. Regardless, the most important thing for you to do now is to rest. Finding that scrap of his journal must have been tiring."

But I don't want to rest. So I go home. On the way, I meet the curator of the museum who ordered me on that crazy expedition into the middle of the Hoenn desert.

"Hello, Marowak," he says curtly.

I nod. Got nothing better to say, do I? Well, not that anything I say'll be understood by the idiot. I keep walking.

"Look, I think I know where the next piece is."

Bastard. Doesn't he know the psycho-whatsit said for me to rest? People don't understand me much, so I have to use something else that, luckily, comes in abundance with Marowaks – my bone and my strength. I won't go into detail, as you could be some pussy scared of blood and stuff.

I walk away from his screaming of "I'll get you for this!" and "Freaking Pokémon! They deserve to die!" …Maybe I should have shut him up better than I did then.

And then, the police come. Why can't they realise I need my privacy and a Marowak bashing someone or something doesn't really matter? It's only a museum curator, I mean. Even if they were worried, shouldn't they be worried about my dented bone more than him? I'll never understand humans.

In the weird old psychiatric hospital for Pokémon (isn't it a bit much, just for breaking some idiot's legs?), they've got a weird gismo that they're hooking me up to. It's some sort of…uh… what's it say..? Umm… E-leck-trike Kair? No, chair… Why do they want to hook me up to a chair made from Electrikes? It's not like it'll hurt in any way…

The head doctor comes in. He's got these big wide eyes and a scar down his right cheek. I mean his left, my right. Anyway, he's also got those giant looking veins that bulge when angry. In other words, he's ugly. Pretty ugly. I tell him that, but of course he doesn't understand. Another doctor whispers something in his ear, and those giant veins I told you about bulge and his face goes red. I dunno why he did that, though, because now he just looks even uglier.

He screams really, really loudly, "Insolent Pokémon!" Again, I don't know why he did it, especially so loudly. I'm right in front of him! It's not like he's saying that to whatever Pokémon he has at home, Purugly maybe.

Anyway, Ugly (I'll refer to him as that from now on) steps over very loudly. Again, a stupid thing to do. He could break the floor, being so fat and heavy. I need to spend some time researching why humans do stupid things.

He angrily (the veins boil, see?) presses a big red button on the side of the chair.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Pressing the big red button resulted in a wrinkled old lady dropping down from the sky. She gracefully lands with her parachute and stands up (which, by the way, doesn't really effect the altitude of her head - she's that short) and walks up to him.

"Sinä olet valittu!" she screams to him and points him with her withered old finger.

"Um, excuse me?" he answers, bewildered and now forgetting all his angryness. In his eyes, the world has somehow transformed into a snowy plain with low, soft-looking snowy hills. The wind rages around him and the gibberish-speaking granny, whirling and moving the snow around like it's a blizzard. Somehow the wind cannot touch him nor the old woman. Everything is so peaceful. He feels so calm.

"Oh, sorry. I kind of forgot I'm not in my childhood anymore", the granny says, scratching her head with an awkward expression. "I said: 'You are the chosen one!'"

"That's very nice", he says, feeling a tad out of it. He'd just feeling so comfortable and nice that he doesn't feel like caring about anything.

"No, I really mean it, lad. You're the chosen one. The kohtalo of this world lies in your hands. You hear me, you brat?" The weird granny is getting rather irritated.

"Of course I can hear your sweet voice", he says dreamily, but is starting to snap out of it, "but what's this kohtalo you speak of?"

"It's the Magiard word for 'faith', lad. And it's in your hands", the granny says. The snowy landscape is fading, as is the granny. He starts to feel like he's back in business again. He's also starting to get angry, for reasons he does not remember.

"Remember, our kohtalo lies with you," the granny whispers when only her blue, old eyes are visible.

"I see", he says when he's sitting in the chair with the button again. Then, he sees the giant, mutated Garchomp and it's trainer, the one who genetically fused the embryos of a Garchomp and a Raichu. It all comes back to him: his blood is boiling again, his face turns angry and his fingers clench the armrests of the chair so hard they turn white. He stands up in his fury and yells at the mystery trainer and his malformed Pokémon hybrid: "I don't care even if all that stuff you said about my mom was true! I am the one chosen by kohtalo! I am the chosen one!"

"Oh, I see", the trainer says and shakes her head, her red, curly hair waving from one side to another. "Isn't that convenient? Too bad we can't call your mom virgin Mary..."

"All right, that's it! I understand! This is personal, now!" he yells at her and grabs a Pokéball from his belt. Suddently he can't remember what Pokémon is inside that ball, probably because of the incident with the granny and all. He decides that as he is the chosen one, he should be able to do whatever he can in order to do what he was chosen to do. He throws the ball and stops to think for a while. Actually, what was I chosen to do? he thinks.

The ball opens and reveals a Misdreavus. The Pokémon lets out a shriek, making the hybrid Garchomp shiver and take a step backwards.

"No, you idiot! Fight!" yells the girl.

On the same second, the Misdreavus turns around and looks at him, eye to eye. As it stares at him, he awakens. The realization almost knocks him off his feet. I am the chosen one of making hats! he thinks, almost drowning in the joy of finally finding himself.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • I am the chosen one of making hats! he thinks, almost drowning in the joy of finally finding himself. He continues weaving the well-practiced, intricate pattern on the hat for several minutes before he is finally satisfied. He carries the hat from his workbench to his desk to study it, examining it for any flaws he may not have noticed. His eyes scan every seam, every line of the hat to make sure that everything is in place for the chosen one of saving the world.

I hope the chosen one, whoever he is, will put this to good use, he thinks solemnly. The power it holds... It cannot be matched. He turns off his desk lamp and slowly walks to his bed, thoughts barraging him the whole way. He lays down, placing his head on his pillow, and falls asleep.

After what seems like five minutes, the old man is awoken by the shattering of glass. His eyes snap open, attempting to penetrate the gloom. He sees a dark shape darting about his work room, searching for something. Cold dread fills the old mans heart. He knows what he's here for.

He stands up quietly, doing everything he can to keep them from noticing that he has awoken. He sneaks quietly into the work room, hugging the wall to escape detection. Who is this person? he wonders to himself. They noiselessly scour the room, searching for the hat that is no longer in the work room, but in the study. They realize this quickly and walk towards the dark study, as quiet as ever. The old man places his foot in front of the intruder as he neared him and tripped him, causing him to fall into the wall. The man quickly binds the intruder with the heavy-duty yarn he used to make his chosen-one hats and snaps the light on to see who this intruder was.

"Jacob," the old man gasps. "What are you doing here?"

"F-f-father," Jacob stutters. "I'm sorry I broke into your holy home, but I just want to see the hat!"

"I'm not a preacher anymore, goddammit," the former preacher says angrily. "Besides, why couldn't you wait until tomorrow to see it? The chosen one hasn't shown up yet; there's plenty of time."

"Father... I mean, Mr. Miyagi, I think I'm the chosen one," Jacob said quietly, averting his eyes.

"Why do you say this?" Mr. Miyagi asks less angrily than before. "What makes you think this?"

"I... I've never had to really try to do anything," Jacob begins. "I've always been talented at everything I have done, from catching Pokemon to battling with them. I accidentally caught my Eevee when I was three years old with a broken Pokeball that I had been given as a toy, and it evolved into an Espeon when I turned four. I have never lost a Pokemon battle in my life, even when my Espeon was locked in battle with a Tyranitar. Sometimes I don't understand how I win, but I do. That's why I think I'm the chosen one." Jacob pants, worn out from his lengthy explanation.

"If you really are the chosen one, then you should easily defeat me in a Pokemon battle," Mr. Miyagi says, grinning. "Go, Shadow!" An Umbreon appears in a flash of red light, ready to battle.

"Okay, if you're sure, then go, Sunshine!" Jacob's Espeon, too, appears in a flash of red light. The two Pokemon circl each other, waiting for the other Pokemon to make its move.

"Shadow, use Quick Attack, now!" Mr. Miyagi yells, intent on getting the first attack in. The Umbreon raced towards the immobile Espeon, bracing it's body for the contact that was about to take place. However, before he could hit the prone Espeon, it darted out of the way without a word from the trainer. Mr. Miyagi looked at his opponent in confusion and saw that his eyes were blank, as if something were controlling him.

Last edited:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Mr. Miyagi looked at his opponent in confusion and saw that his eyes were blank, as if something were controlling him. He faked sideways and manoeuvred the ball away, passing to a forward far down the right side. A muffled thud came from behind him, unexpectedly: Dan had fallen sideways and was stretched on the green turf, unconscious.

Within seconds a small crowd had formed around their fallen hero: Mr. Miyagi, Polly, the experienced First Aider, and the nearest teachers who had been on the field. Dan's team-mates were hovering nearby, looking concerned and aimless. The din of the crowd had gone deafening silence in the split second of the fall: the noise was rising again as Mr. Miyagi gave an account in a calm, level voice:

"He just fell. I don't know, it's rather strange, don't you think?"

"I don't think you tripped him," suggested Mr. Ryan, the chemistry teacher, with his arms folded across his chest.

"I didn't trip him. I could have - but I didn't. Ask the referee, she probably saw."

The referee, Dana Meyers, jogged up to the group. She was a tall, energetic girl in black and white track shorts and stockings. Her task was to run the field back and forth, following the ball and making sure there was no foul play. "It wasn't a foul," she confirmed from a distance, and came up with a lip-glossed smile. "He just fell, that's right."

It was at that moment that the group seemed to remember that Dan was still out cold. They looked down: Polly was the only one kneeling by the athlete and now could confirm that he had not come to. Moreover, his heartbeat was dangerously low…

An ambulance was called and Dan hauled off the field as the discussion took a more serious turn. Was it an illness? A drug? Exhaustion? A ring of murmuring bystanders formed around his body until the paramedics came, drawn by curiosity but keeping their distance.

The May Fest had been going perfectly until then. A good portion of the school body, many with their Pokemon, had gathered at the edges of the playing field to celebrate the fair summer weather, cheering and shouting unintelligible comments to the figures running up and down. Mike, the announcer, was at one end of the field with a megaphone, his Starly on his shoulder, cheerfully and unintelligibly commenting on the action. This was the most highly anticipated event of the day, a soccer game between the grade 12s and the teachers. The grade 12s had been winning, until their star player, Dan Morrow, had mysteriously toppled.

Dan's fate, however, was forgotten after Mr. Miyagi waved cheerfully to the waiting crowd, and the game was resumed. Again the megaphone's garbled message blasted down the field, fuelling the crowd's excitement. When the ambulance pulled up, broadcasting alarm, Polly gave the paramedics a statement and left Dan, by now sitting up woozily, to their tender care. His team-mates waved goodbye. They had scored two goals without him.

Unnoticed by May Day's enthusiastic participants was a pair of observers beside the high school, two strange men in cream suits. They were far from the field: standing motionless as statues in the deep shade of the central entrance, they seemed to blend in with the cement wall. They had been following the figure of Dan Morrow. Once Dan was loaded into the ambulance and out of sight, one man lowered his binoculars and passed them to his comrade. He then stretched his arms and lit a damp, foul-smelling cigar with rapid movements, as though out of habit. The second man also stretched and asked, "What was that supposed to prove?"; and the first replied, "Nothing at all."

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
  • The second man looked quizzically at his Typhlosion sidekick, who himself was looking cross-eyed at the suction cup-tipped Nerf dart that stuck to his snout. Meanwhile the first man, a tall affair with a flowing black trench coat and sharp eyes the color of pitch, grinned broadly as the Typhlosion reached up and pulled the foam dart off and threw it to the side.

"Then what the hell was the point of doing it in the first place!" the second man, a youth naught but around the age of thirteen, exclaimed.

"Ah, Young Hero... The question is not why, but why not. If you were as Evil a Genius as I am, you would know that," the man called Evil Genius taunted the one called Young Hero, spinning the Nerf Nite Finder pistol that he held before bringing it to bear on Young. Cackling evilly, Evil bended his head back and yelled, "Not like it matters now! You'll all be dead! Dead, dead, dead, dead, dead!"

Young raised an eyebrow. "What're you gonna' do, drown us in foam?"

Glaring at Young, Evil tossed the pistol aside, pulling his trench coat open. Strapped to the inside of it were numerous weapons, but the ones he seemed most interested in were two Maverick revolvers which he pulled out, spinning them about before crossing his arms, one pointed at Young and the other at his sidekick. "I am gonna' kill you," Evil said between gritted teeth. "And then, NOTHING CAN STOP ME!"

He quickly pulled the triggers of both guns, darts flying out on a straight path for Young and the Typhlosion. Young stood there impassive, gaping at the stupidity of it all, but Typhlosion leapt out of the way of the way while letting out a cry of "master!" as he jumped into the path of the dart headed for Young.

The nameless sidekick Typhlosion winced as the dart impacted with his chest, sticking to it but otherwise causing no discernible damage. "Geeze, you shouldn't have," Young mumbled.

"LET THE SHOW BEGIN!" Evil yelled out, evidently not done yet. Raising a thumb, he hovered it dramatically over a button on the slide of the Maverick that had shot the dart now stuck to Typhlosion, before slamming the thumb down and pressing the button hard. Immediately the dart stuck to Typhlosion's chest burst into a fiery explosion, the force of the blast knocking Typhlosion back into Young and sending the two careening across the spacious chamber.

"What the hell?!" Young exclaimed as he came to a skidding stop on the floor, pushing Typhlosion off him and scrambling to his feet. "Whose great idea was loading a Nerf dart with explosives?!"

"Aren't you...going to be worried about me...master?" Typhlosion asked amid coughs as he lay on the floor, thrashing in pain.

"Oh, you'll be fine," Young glared at his sidekick. "Pokémon are immune to crippling injuries like that, remember? Your kind can only faint."

Typhlosion blinked and glanced at his chest, noticing that other than a patch of black, singed fur, there was no sign of the explosion and he seemed completely fine. No gaping, bloody hole through his chest like one would think would happen, at least. "Well, that is convenient, isn't it?" he said as he climbed to his feet, brushing some ash off his chest.

"CURSE YOU!" Evil screamed, trying to bring himself under control again. Panting heavily, he dropped the two Mavericks from his hands and glared at Young and Typhlosion out of the corner of his eyes. "Fine then, if that's the way you wanna play, I won't hold back."

Evil reached beneath his coat, pulling out something that resembled a cross between a pistol and a sword. As he held it out, its blade flipped back over the top of the barrel, allowing Evil to hold and use the weapon like a normal gun. Young grinned and held out his own hand, a shining light emanating from his fist. The light expanded, and eventually materialized into his own combination gun and sword, which he held pointed at Evil with the blade flipped down over the front of the barrel. "Neither will I. This will be the end, Evil. I vow that this day, your evilness will come to a halt!" Young suddenly ran at Evil, holding his gunsword out at his side as he let out a ferocious battle scream.

"I'm afraid you're mistaken!" Evil cackled, firing off a trio of shots from his own gunsword.

Deftly Young swung his own weapon about, knocking the bullets out of midair as he charged. Breaking through Evil's barrage of bullets, Young leapt into the air and swung his gunsword down at Evil. Evil quickly flipped his weapon's blade back into position and parried the blow, overpowering Young and knocking the teenager through the air slightly. Young was able to land on his feet however, skidding along the ground until he came to a stop, converting his gunsword into a pistol and firing off a few shots of his own at Evil while he regained his balance.

"Master, let me help!" Typhlosion yelled as Young leapt back at Evil again, the two of them facing off in a fierce duel with their gunswords.

"No, stay back!" Young yelled as he blocked a blow of Evil's, holding the grip of his gunsword tightly with both hands. "This is our fight, we will settle this ourselves!"

"But...master! What's the point of me being here if I don't help?!" Typhlosion exclaimed.

Seeing his chance Young took a swing at Evil, however the older man was too fast and quickly stepped out of the way of Young's blade. Realizing that now he was open, Young stepped back out of his attack and quickly parried Evil's attack. "Because you're my sidekick!" Young shouted. "I'm required to have one, ya know. It's part of being a hero!"

"But...that's so stupid!" Typhlosion whined.

"Oh, just shut up already and let me fight here!" Young suddenly spun around, flipping down his gunsword's blade and firing off a shot directly at his own Typhlosion.

Typhlosion screeched as the shot knocked him backwards, however of course due to the inability of Pokémon to receive fatally crippling damage, was again completely uninjured and merely shaken up. "You shot me!" Typhlosion screamed.

"Yeah? And? You're fine; just stay out of the way here!" Young continued to fight Evil in a blur of sword slashes, even while managing to talk to his mouthy sidekick at the same time.

"But...you shot me! I thought we were friends!"

"ENOUGH!"

Evil suddenly jumped backwards, firing off a well aimed shot that knocked Young's gunsword right out of his hand. "Your babbling is sickening! Disgusting! Since you apparently have no desire to shut up and every time either of you open your mouth I can feel my brain cells dropping dead, I shall just move to the next phase as is! Sayonara!"

Before either Young or Typhlosion could react, the room suddenly began to shake and fall apart around them, the platform Evil stood on hovering up and rising through the collapsing roof. "Quick, we need to get out of here!" Young said, stating the obvious. Not having anything to argue about now, the two partners turned tail and ran out of Evil's secret base as fast as they could, managing to keep one step ahead of the collapsing rock and metal at all times. As they reached the building's entry, small explosions began to go off throughout the walls. Typhlosion let out a howl as he leaped at Young, grabbing him in his arms and using his momentum to send the two of them flying out the door, just as the entire building behind them erupted into a huge, brilliant fireball.

The two heroes stood up unscathed, Typhlosion's invulnerability protecting Young from any harm. The boy glared at the flaming ruins before turning around. "Come on, we need to hurry. I've got just the weapons we need for this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evil stood on his small, hovering platform far above the ruins of his previous secret base. Smirking, he mentally controlled the platform to spin around and speed off at high speeds off into the distance. Before long a collection of small buildings with a suspiciously empty patch of ground between them all came into view, a towering city barely visible on the horizon. "Begin the diversion," Evil spoke into a headset he wore. Without any confirmation needed, Evil watched as the ground opened up beneath him, the tip of a missile rising up out of the hole in the ground and into the air.

"You know you can't get away with this!" A voice suddenly drifted through the air. Evil turned his platform around and looked quizzically at the two machines flying at him. As they got closer Evil realized amusedly that they were none other than a pair of giant mecha, one modeled after Young and the other after his Typhlosion sidekick.

"You're very persistent, you know that?" Evil said, his voice amplified through speakers positioned around his platform.

"Says the one who's not even protected!" Young shouted, gripping the controls inside his mecha tightly. Stopping suddenly, platforms over his chest opened up and the tips of several small missiles poked out. "Mega Missile Barrage, launch!" Young shouted as all the missiles launched at once, twisting and arcing pointlessly through the air as they bared down on Evil, who merely stood on his tiny platform and smirked.

Just as it seemed that Evil would finally be vanquished, a barrier appeared around the platform, all of Young's missiles impacting with the barrier and exploding harmlessly around Evil, his guts unfortunately remaining fully within his own body instead of smeared over the ground below as Young had hoped would happen.

"Bah, that won't stop me!" Young shouted, the missile panels closing as he jetted off towards Evil, his mecha's right arm held out to the side as he flew. The arm suddenly split open and a large blade popped out of it like it was a giant switchblade, the arm snapping closed again as Young swiped at Evil's small floating platform. Wordlessly Evil easily managed to dodge out of the way of the large and consequentially much slower sword, all the while the missile below going through its usual launch preparations.

Noticing the missile, Typhlosion tried to get Young's attention. "Master, that missile, it's—"

"QUIET!" Young yelled, interrupting Typhlosion. On his free arm two gun barrels folded forward, which he promptly shot Typhlosion's mecha with.

While Typhlosion's mecha did not have the same invulnerability that Typhlosion himself did, the shots, fired off blindly due to Young's persistence with keeping his focus on Evil, merely grazed by one of the mecha's legs and caused no serious harm. Pissed at his master yet again, Typhlosion decided that he could be a hero just as much as Young was and not just a sidekick. "Fine then, I'll stop it myself!"

Sirens blaring, the missile suddenly launched, arcing towards the city. Young was too preoccupied to notice of course, but Typhlosion shot off after the missile, straining his mecha to its limit. Somehow managing to pass up the missile, he turned around and held out both arms, intending to catch and divert the missile's flight. It was at that point that Young finally noticed what his sidekick was trying to do, breaking away from Evil as he flew towards where Typhlosion stood in midair with his mecha's arms outstretched. However, all Young could manage to do was yell out, "No, you idiot! That won't work!"

Typhlosion had no time to react as the missile collided with his mecha's arms, easily crumpling and shattering them as if they were made out of aluminum. The missile's tip then collided with the chest of the giant Typhlosion mecha, right about where the cockpit was. The warhead immediately detonated upon contact with the mecha's torso, missile and mecha alike blowing up in a shower of shrapnel that rained over the ground far below. Amid the shrapnel, Young could barely make out the limp shape of Typhlosion himself falling downwards, fainted but otherwise okay thanks to his inherent invulnerability. Wondering for a moment whether that invulnerability extended to giant drops, Young merely shrugged and turned back around.

"So!" Young shouted. "It may not have been such a smooth save, but it worked anyways and the city is unharmed! All part of our strategy to defeat your evilness!" Young announced triumphantly.

"But...he acted on his own..." Evil pointed out.

"SHUT UP!" Young fired off a few shots at Evil, which like every other one merely glanced off his shielding.

"Heh..." Evil grinned and closed his eyes. "It does not matter anyways. That missile, it was merely a decoy. Keeping you distracted just long enough so that the final stage of my plans could come together!" Evil raised a finger and pointed high into the sky. "At this moment, all throughout the charted sectors of space, satellites are moving into position to execute the final stage and nothing can stop them now. NOTHING!"

Young gasped as he stared up at the sky, not as if he could actually see anything. "How devious and unexpected..." he whispered.

Evil carried on with his soliloquy, explaining in great detail the final steps of his great plan. "Each satellite, on my command, will fire a specialized warhead into the core of the planet or star it has been assigned to. Upon reaching the very center of the planet or star's mass, the warhead will detonate and cause a destabilization of the target's gravity field, ultimately resulting in its implosion and formation of a black hole. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! Because the multiple black holes will be so close to each other in a celestial sense, they should merge together to form an even bigger black hole that will ultimately, in time, DESTROY THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!"

"You...you're crazy!" Young shouted, realizing that Evil had actually outsmarted him this time.

"I know," Evil grinned sadistically. "Now, let the end of the universe begin!"

Synchronized almost perfectly, hundreds of satellites fired off hundreds of similar warheads all at once through the regions of space that humanity had discovered. Those satellites positioned around stars had it easy, their warheads designed to withstand the intense heat but without any need to penetrate through solid crust or magma. When it came to planets such as Earth, however, the warhead was designed with a powerful drill at its tip that bore away at the planet as it traveled towards its destination.

On Earth, Young could only watch on horror as a large object fell out of space, right on top of where his Typhlosion sidekick had fallen minutes before. The drill powered up and began eating through the Earth, leaving behind a large tunnel in its wake. Not long after the warhead had begun drilling into the planet, lava began to erupt from the tunnel, blanketing the landscape. Watching as Young's mecha fell out of the sky and into the lava, its pilot having fainted out of shock, Evil gave one last final, evil laugh as the warhead drilled deeper into the planet, before even he was taken down by the onslaught of lava.

Throughout the galaxy, the results of Evil Genius' ultimate plan were beginning to show. Warheads had begun to detonate, planets and stars alike collapsing into themselves as black holes formed. One by one, the Sun and each of the eight planets in our very own solar system—plus the dwarf planets, of course—caved in, leaving behind only empty masses of infinitely dense space.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Uh...sir? We have a problem, sir."

Between dimensions, within the plane known as the Ethereal Realm, a small, pink, cat-like creature nervously stuck its head through a large door. The creature was attempting to get the attention of the much larger creature that rested within the room. Slowly the creature stood up on its four gold-hoofed legs, a white mane billowing about behind its head despite there being no wind. As it stood, a golden ring shaped like a split circle with four spokes appeared around the creature's belly, seeming to radiate light throughout the room. "What is it, Mew?" it asked in a bellowing voice.

"Well, uh, it seems that we have had a catastrophic failure, sir Arceus..."

Instantly the room seemed to disappear, replaced by a view as if the gods were looking down on the universe from far above. What on Earth would have been hundreds of years passed in the blink of an eye for Arceus and Mew as they stared down at the Milky Way galaxy, watching as a large black hole formed out of the numerous smaller black holes that had erupted throughout the galaxy. The large black hole began to expand even more, intent on devouring all of the galaxy and then some. Arceus sighed as he sped time up, the black hole rapidly expanding until the entire galaxy gave in to it..

"Who did this?" Arceus asked.

"It was a human, sir. On the planet called Earth," Mew answered obediently.

"Earth... Why is it always Earth?" Arceus mumbled.

The black hole, now the size of an entire galaxy, was starting to have a visible effect on the entire fabric of space, all the galaxies in the universe slipping closer together as they were slowly dragged inwards by the gravitational field of the black hole that had used to be the Milky Way galaxy. Impassively, Arceus raised an eyebrow as the first small galaxy was sucked into the black hole, followed by several others after it. Having seen enough, Arceus sighed and stopped time completely, the movements of galaxies instantly stopping.

"I guess this means I have work to get to..." Arceus grumbled, shaking his head. "Yet again..."

"Sir, if I may, humanity on Earth has managed to destroy not only itself but the entire universe countless times by now. May I suggest not merely recreating everything as it was, but instead adjusting creation so as to prevent such incidents in the future?" Mew spoke up boldly.

"Hmm..." Arceus considered the idea thoughtfully. "What do you propose be changed?"

"Well, I have compiled this list here, sir." Reaching between dimensions, Mew pulled out a large scroll which it handed to Arceus, floating over closer to him. Arceus grabbed the scroll in a ghostly, ethereal arm and used another equally ethereal arm to open it, reading over what Mew had written on it.

"No explosions, no evil, no foam, no swords, no guns, no technology..." Arceus read aloud, carrying on as he read over the lengthy list. Coming to its end, Arceus set the scroll aside as its ghostly arms disappeared. "Well, that is quite a list. I don't know if I can follow all of it..."

"Perhaps sir could try out just a few of the suggestions?" Mew suggested, not wanting the entire list to go to waste.

"Perhaps... Hmm, I know." Arceus closed its eyes and concentrated, time again starting but at a much accelerated rate, all of the thousands of galaxies in the universe below disappearing into the black hole in a bright burst of light and sound. As the light faded, Mew looked down and saw that the black hole had disappeared, the beginnings of a new universe appearing in its place and rapidly spreading out throughout the empty cosmos.

"So then, sir, what are you doing different?" Mew asked as it watched the new universe take shape below them.

"I think this time, I'll see how Earth does without Pokémon. That should stir them up quite a bit," Arceus answered, his thousands of ghostly arms working on shaping individual planets.

Mew laughed. "Good one, sir. That won't be any protection against them wiping themselves out though; they'll still manage to find a way and reason."

"Of course," Arceus shrugged. "Might as well go get the bets started now."

Mew nodded and slipped out of view, back into the realm between the dimensions. Meanwhile Arceus continued to work on shaping the universe, paying particular attention to one specific, all too familiar blue, green, brown, and white planet in the galaxy that would, in time, come to be known as the Milky Way once again.

Arceus smiled as he finished, withdrawing his arms from across the universe. "Well then, let us start the cycle again and see where we end up this time."

The End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whee, it's done! Yay. All rejoice. Now, when're we doing the next one? >:D

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • Wow, what an unexpected ending. You did a fantastic job of linking the real world with the Pokemon world. The narration was just... epic.

As for the whole of the CORPSE, it was pretty random and interesting to read. There were parts where I busted up laughing and others that I was slightly confused about, but a great read nonetheless.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • OMG!!! Thanks for making my part look like ****, no honestly.

j/k soft of, That was the best ending I have read. Funny, witty, and all around epic.

Back