• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts on Wii

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • So i got this thought while eating and playing the original KH. One day sora goofy and donald were travelling in the gummi ship. While doing so they saw an unknown warp portal. What intrigued them though was the fact that they travelled to all the worlds. Eager and curious they went through it. Little did they know they travelled to another galaxy...
    And yeah that galaxy would be of the nintendo characters of course! They would have a lot of different worlds and it would be wonderful how they could be incorporated into kingdom hearts. Or do you guys disagree? I would actually love it and instead of finding dalmatians they would have pokemon scattered all over the place. And the worlds could be huge seeing as how huge some of them are/.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Bad Idea, Kingdom Hearts would not be good on the wii at all. Made for Ps2.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweetie, I would love to see a port of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 on the Wii. I really don't see what's the problem putting them on the Wii.

But seeing Nintendo characters crossover the Disney universe is kinda weird for me, and that's coming from a guy who would love to see the Nintendo universe and Valve universe combine, and has attempted to make a 2D fighting game a la Super Smash Bros styled with the Source Engine. =p

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • That is strange i cant imagine terrorists fighting mario XD. But yeah a port would be nice. I mean how awsome would it to be waggling for hours fending off heartless? Nah kidding that would be torture but using the classic controller would be sweet i mean the many buttons offer shortcuts far easier and could be pretty sweet. Also hmm although it would be strange the only disney characters would be donald and goofy or hell they get lost and only sora travels ahead. Instead he has thia magic using toad and a hylian warrior. I really can see it happening for some strange reason and would love it to happen.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • That is strange i cant imagine terrorists fighting mario XD.

Me neither, but I can see him using a the Gravity Gun, the Portal Gun and THE Crowbar. =P Also I can see Samus fitting in the Half-Life universe and for some reason Luigi and Link fitting into Left 4 Dead. Link would definitely pwn there since all he needs is the Sun Song. XD Anyway back to the topic.

But yeah a port would be nice. I mean how awsome would it to be waggling for hours fending off heartless? Nah kidding that would be torture but using the classic controller would be sweet i mean the many buttons offer shortcuts far easier and could be pretty sweet.

Well the GCN controller works too. =p Also, Wii-Motion plus would improve that instead of just "waggle". I don't like games that are just ported with pointless waggle controls, that don't make sense. To make this port right is to use redo the control scheme to make it work with Wii controller. And if that's too much, they could use the control scheme from No More Heroes. Kingdom Hearts has potential to be a great Wii game, just gotta put some effort into it.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I still hate the idea of KH on the Wii. Its like Putting Mario on to Playstation, it wont work. Kingdom Hearts is mainly for Playstation play, like the RC system. Yeah Nomura might consider trying other systems, but he wants the player to have the same feel to it, and to switch it to a differnent system will like ruined the feel of the game. cause when i play CoM it didnt give me the same feel to it as it on Playstation, It might feel werid on the DS, and the PSP might be fine cuz its like all the same except the R2 and L2. But it pretty much depends on who the player is if he did want to try out a Kingdom Hearts Game on the Wii. but for me I think it should stick to Playstation.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So i got this thought while eating and playing the original KH. One day sora goofy and donald were travelling in the gummi ship. While doing so they saw an unknown warp portal. What intrigued them though was the fact that they travelled to all the worlds. Eager and curious they went through it. Little did they know they travelled to another galaxy...
    And yeah that galaxy would be of the nintendo characters of course! They would have a lot of different worlds and it would be wonderful how they could be incorporated into kingdom hearts. Or do you guys disagree? I would actually love it and instead of finding dalmatians they would have pokemon scattered all over the place. And the worlds could be huge seeing as how huge some of them are/.

As stated, that would ruin the Kingdom Hearts delicate franchise beyond no bounds. It's horrible enough, in my opinion, having Winnie the Poo involved in the game; but Nintendo characters... that's never going to happen, thankfully. If it was developed into a game, I'm sure Kingdom Hearts fans around the world would rebel.

I mean, seriously... "lol... look Sora, it's Mario." -- that just doesn't go well with it anyway. The characters are made and developed differently. :| Having Pokémon involved in this idea makes it a complete bust, unfortunately.

Let Super Smash Brothers have the Nintendo characters...

Kingdom Hearts > SSB, anyway.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    LMMFAO that's 49o something pokemon to find. I agree i dont think that KH could fit in with the mario universe, it would be pushing it.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I think releasing a small KH game on a Nintendo system (CoM, anyone?) won't cause any harm, but using Nintendo characters would be a big no-no. That's why we have Smash Bros, right? I, along with a good number of KH fans, would rather see a decrease in Disney characters and an increase in Final Fantasy (or at least give them a proper world of their own).

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • It would be interesting to see a port of KH I and II on the Wii, but I would be disgusted if it had Nintendo character. That would take away from everything KH ever was or will be and make it some wanna be game. I would not play it :/

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    No. >:< Well, they better not. That would look like plagiarism to Super Smash Bros. Classic Disney characters are fine, but Nintendo? Walking through a field and battling Goomba heartless? XD And then, of course, they'd have to rid of Donald and Goofy. Disney and Nintendo worlds cannot collide. That would be a worse combination than Tom and Jerry. XD; And I bet you $1,000 dollars that Sora would run around with Mario and Luigi as the new Donald and Goofy. That would just be wrong.

As for the Wii thing, I wouldn't mind that. There's no harm in it. You would have a soar arm the next day, but I'm not saying it would be a bad thing. I heard that the next KH game was going to be for the DS, though.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • XD ok yeah ditch the idea. But yeah 358/2 days is coming to the ds focusing on roxas's story and is kind of like how chain of memories was for the gba a spin off of sorts involving the inbetween of KH and KH2. Now that this idea has been flattened to the ground and trampled can we close?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • No. >:< Well, they better not. That would look like plagiarism to Super Smash Bros. Classic Disney characters are fine, but Nintendo? Walking through a field and battling Goomba heartless? XD And then, of course, they'd have to rid of Donald and Goofy. Disney and Nintendo worlds cannot collide. That would be a worse combination than Tom and Jerry. XD; And I bet you $1,000 dollars that Sora would run around with Mario and Luigi as the new Donald and Goofy. That would just be wrong.

As for the Wii thing, I wouldn't mind that. There's no harm in it. You would have a soar arm the next day, but I'm not saying it would be a bad thing. I heard that the next KH game was going to be for the DS, though.
    I wouldn't want them as playable characters. But, if they have to be there I see nothing wrong with cameos like the FF characters had.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I just wouldn't want it on the Wii because of graphics restraints. I like my KH looking gorgeous tyvm. :( It's bad when I'd expect the PSP game to look on par (or better) than any Wii iteration. Wouldn't care about a port of older games or anything; I just don't want anything new on it.

That said, yeah I remember there was an April Fool's version of a magazine printed many years ago that mentioned that Nintendo had snagged KH2 for the GCN and the Mushroom Kingdom was going to be a world or something. XD; I just can't see it ever working though. Nintendo has a lot of characters, I guess, but they focus more on gameplay than anything else. KH is more plot-focused and it would be too hard to blend it in with Nintendo's main genre. :/ Not to mention it's very dialogue-heavy and most of Nintendo's dialogue in games is just... simple phrases, really. I can't see it working.

I don't know whether to merge this into the general KH thread or not... D:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I just wouldn't want it on the Wii because of graphics restraints. I like my KH looking gorgeous tyvm. :( It's bad when I'd expect the PSP game to look on par (or better) than any Wii iteration. Wouldn't care about a port of older games or anything; I just don't want anything new on it.
    Yeah... that is bad XD Besides which, it's Square. They usually make the most of a system. A Wii game would easily trump the PSP if Square would to do it. They're not lazy developers.

I would prefer the series hit the Wii and not the 360 (even though I have one) or the PS3. But, I don't see why that would mean Nintendo characters have to be included. There have been third-party games in the past that have incorporated Nintendo characters for some reason, but I can't imagine that it was a condition on Nintendo's part.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yeah... that is bad XD Besides which, it's Square. They usually make the most of a system. A Wii game would easily trump the PSP if Square would to do it. They're not lazy developers.

I would prefer the series hit the Wii and not the 360 (even though I have one) or the PS3. But, I don't see why that would mean Nintendo characters have to be included. There have been third-party games in the past that have incorporated Nintendo characters for some reason, but I can't imagine that it was a condition on Nintendo's part.
    The only stuff they've done on Nintendo's consoles in the last while are like... Crystal Chronicles though. Their new Wii game? It's pretty much a DS game. :| I know they'd go all out for their KH franchise and... that's why they wouldn't put the next one on Wii.

KH just looks too good for the Wii and I would HATE to have to use the stupid remote with it. 8| I'd really like to see it on PS3 or even as a 360/PS3 game like FFXIII.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The only stuff they've done on Nintendo's consoles in the last while are like... Crystal Chronicles though. Their new Wii game? It's pretty much a DS game. :| I know they'd go all out for their KH franchise and... that's why they wouldn't put the next one on Wii.

KH just looks too good for the Wii and I would HATE to have to use the stupid remote with it. 8| I'd really like to see it on PS3 or even as a 360/PS3 game like FFXIII.
    Yes...

My point was though that given the choice between the Wii and the PSP. Why would you want Square - who would easily make the most of any system, especially with a major franchise - to put it on the PSP (which is less powerful than the PS2) than on the Wii (which is more powerful than the original Xbox) if you want it to look as good as possible given those two options. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Back