• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chronicles: Mysteries Of The Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
  • Pokemon Chronicles: Mysteries Of The Depths

Last edited:

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • ...It's only been a day...

Yay, I like (good) fakemon though most people here hate all fakemon for some reason...

I also like storylines that change depending on what you do, they're fun!

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Thanks and yeah I'm probably over reacting, it's just I've been waiting for ages, it took the mods ages to reject this thread.
    Anyway, a quick update, since I first wrote this, I've redesigned the starterb town to look more natural and finished the insides of all the houses.
    Also, I'll be needing some help with some things:
    New Pokemon Design
    Character Design
    Spriters
    Title Screen Maker
    OW editor
    and someone to maybe make a support banner or something similar.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Actually that sounds really complicated and unique; I like it. Although I can often be a little biased against fakemon... still, I make my own, so I guess I'm not a great one to talk. >.<
    If you can get this working right, it would be epic, so good luck! :D

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Thanks, although I'm starting to wonder what you guys have against fakemon. Is it just that their never as good as Nintendo Pokemon or something?
    About the Pokemon in my game, I was origianally going to have a completely new set of fakemon but have now decided to switch to a mix of real Pokemon and Fakemon. I would switch completely over to real Pokemon but I've based my story around a load of new ones and I don't want to change the story.

The game is going to be complicated to make, with 5 possible aspects of the story and plus many side classes which you can do during the game. So I'll probably need quite a bit of help with the scripting as at the moment I can only do light scripting.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Well, like I said, I make fakemon myself - my main legendary will be a fakemon - >.<...So I really can't say much about fakemon. Actually, what my biggest problem is lies with removing official pokemon to make room for them. For my own hack, I'm planning on using the extra pokemon slots between celebi and treecko, and nothing more. I'm just as irritated with people who remove pokemon in favor of 4th gen ones. It's just me, you know?
    Anyway some people like fakemon. I like some fakemon. But I don't usually care for people putting a whole lot of them, because it seems like its not really Pokemon anymore when you take away the originals.
    Just my personal preference, you know?

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Understandable, my main ledgendaries will be fakemon and some others but not too many. The reason my first attempt at a hack failed was I wanted to have a game with about 150 fakemon which just collapsed everything.
    Anyway, back to development, does anyone want to join my team. I need the positions I posted before and also someone to make a world map and stuff like that.

Hi, quick update, I got bored of trying to do scripting (I'll probably try again tomorrow) and me and my brother designed and drew a fakemon for PC MOTD. It's a new evolution for Relicanth, which I don't have a name for yet but hopefully it'll come to me.
    Tell me what you think :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • o.O Interesting... it looks fossil-ish. Not bad though. ^^ Just weird.

Actually I like fakemon that are based on original pokemon...

But somebody should really make that baby Kangashkan an obtainable pokemon. That's been irking me for ages. There's obviously a baby Kangashkan. I know that normally it wouldn't be away from its mother, but... well, it's even more silly for a Kangashkan to hatch out of an egg already with a baby in its pouch... DX
    I know I'll probably do it on my hack.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • this hack is really well thought out. keep up the good work

also if u need help ill help,
    i really like where this is going

NAME: Allen
    CONTACT DETAILS: [email protected]
    POS: well... i map i have some really old maps on my profile. i could show u some of my maps from my hacks
    PAST EXPERIENCE: Pokemon Reign Of Fire,
    Pokemon Silver Ice,
    Pokemon Burning Asphalt.

my help is open

also i can OW sprite and i could make tons of banners

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • It seems the decision-based hacks started spinging up right after I started Harvest Moon Edition, I hope you don't give up, because you have quite the well organized hack, and quite frankly, decision-based hacks like yours and mine have never made it past the planning stages.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • I've updated the first post with my new Title I made and more user friendly screenshots. The screenshots only really depict the mapping I've done and no talking or events yet as I'm still learning to script.

KKF:
    Thanks, I had a Kangaskhan prevo in my last hack but lost all the stuff for it when my computer crashed but I might make a new one unless of course you want it.

Aljam:
    Thanks, I'll take a look tomorrow as I'm about to go to bed.

machomuu:
    Yeah, I can't help keeping this organised otherwise I loose track of things and stuff like that which I'm not too keen about. I didn't know about your hack and just to make clear I'm not just freeloading off someone else's idea but I'll probably take a look at your hack when I have the time.

I hope to make the first post more visually pleasing tomorrow, so keep watching :)

EDIT: Aljam, I've taken a look at those games. I want to do the mapping for PC MOTD myself but I'll need banners and OW. You're on the team and firstly I need some support banners and team member sig banners.

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Okay, I've updated the first post with the new graphics I made today.
    Also, me and my brother have designed a new Pokemon. It's been drawn and coloured and I just have to finish the shading but I'll post it here when I'm done. Just to let you know, it's an evolution of Lapras.

EDIT: Here's the Lapras Evo

Also, I am in desperate need of scripters. At the moment I'm developing the different career stories and I won't be able to script it myself.

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • machomuu, thanks, greatly appreciated. At the moment I can do basic talking scripts and yes-no scripts which isn't very much so I'll be needing you for the more complex stuff. Hopefully if we get some scripting in, I'll be able to show it in my screenshot section which is the only thing holding this thread back from going to progressing hacks where it'll get more attention.
    At the moment I'm working on what I want the characters do up till you get the starter Pokemon. Should be done by tomorrow and I'll pm it to you.

Here's a quick update, a new Pokemon by me. It's totally random but it's meant to be a bubble tree thing.
    Here it is:

Okay, I've designed a bit more of the story, I've learned to script applymovement scripts which will help and have decided to use different tiles.
    I'm going to be using Kyledove's Public tiles but with the problems and complexity of inserting them all with the right colours thanks to the GBA's limited colours.
    At the moment I've inserted the trees and have had to change some colours round.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    wow!this hack idea is so cool!to wolfybob:you're so cool!if you want,i can be your artist and your mapper.i'm very good with fakemon,but i dont know how to create them in my computer.....

one more time:congratulations!

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Well, that's good to know. And to everyone else, after discussions with Ray, he has joined the team for this hack as a mapper and Pokemon Designer.

Update:
    Okay, today, I did some thinking and came up with the look for the male hero. I've done a piece of artwork of him to show you and done a sprite for him as well. Here they are:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Your first post looks very nice now, congrats. Looks like you're doing really well. Keep up the good work, and good luck with this.

Also, nice hero... but he looks a little crazy. ^_~
    Actually, he looks like what would happen if you merged Ash with Brock... XD

Last edited:

Pellio

Dragonair :D
    Years
  • Looks like you've put loads of thought into this! I love the archaeologist Grandpa, he should be a main character who helps you along the way!!

I think the hero is a little plain, maybe give him an unusual hair cut/colour or clothing?

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Okay, I've added a few things to the trainer but am unsure what else to change. If anyone has any ideas, they're all welcome, so please comment.

Also, I'm either going to do some more tile inserting with Kyledove's tiles or design the female trainer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back