• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chronicles: Mysteries Of The Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    You're welcome Ray.

Now, I've done a few things to the male trainer and here it is:

As you can see from this pic, I've ditched the hair altogether because I simply can't make it look right. So does anyone have any suggestions for the hair? I'll probably take machomuu's advice and have black hair but still need the actual hair to start with. Any suggestions?

Pellio

Dragonair :D
    Years
    The hero looks better now. Maybe you should give him a pony tail and a moustache hahahaha. But seriously, black hair would be good, but with maybe a blue section or something? So he doesn't look at all like Ash. Or you could keep the brown and give him dreds! That would be original as I've never seen a trainer with dreds!

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Thanks for that Kaylee, it really helped. I worked from that and came up with this, the now finished Male Trainer:

Can't believe how long that took to get right. Thanks to everyone for helping me with that.
    I'm still inserting the Sinnoh tiles and it's taking ages but it'll be worth it.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Yeah, I wanted somewhere to put the poke-balls that hadn't been done before.

So, what does everyone think of the male trainer? Like/dislike, what could be improved? All feedback is welcome as it helps me make the game better.

Pellio

Years
    Good idea.
    Hmm well I still think he looks too similar to Ash. All I could suggest is giving him darker skin colour or something? (Again something I've not seen apart from Brock) Or you could give him a colour, like Ash's colour is red. So you could add orange or green or something to his clothing. Its good though, I like the pose, although he is calling us losers T____T haha.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    ^-^ Whatever you do, he's going to look a little like Ash, because it's in his face. Which I don't think really matters too much, especially since he may not look quite the same when you actually sprite him.
    One thing I did notice is that it's hard to see his hand because his shirt and glove are both very dark. Other than that I think it looks pretty good.
    And I think that whether you change the shirt or not, the glove will need to be a bit lighter so you can see his fingers (and be able to tell he's doing the loser sign ^^). But again, it'll be a little different when you do the actual sprite anyway.

Pellio

Years
    Aye, but if he was blonde, then he wouldn't at all. not to say that he should be. Maybe you should make the top into a lighter/brighter colour. Not only will that solve the problem of the glove disappearing, it will also help the player distinguish the sprite from the tiles! I know its not that much of a big deal, but I think if the main character pops out from the surroundings it looks better than if he partly blends into the background. And from the pose he looks like he should pop!

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    ^^' It's funny because the more we talk about this, the more I want to try to sprite him...

Can't resist, I'm going to. And I'll try some different colors, too, and then if I get far enough, I'll post it. X3 Just can't... resist... impulse...

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    It's good to know my trainer is irresitable to sprite ^-^ I'll take a look at that sprite if you make it Kaylee and who knows, I might use it if it's alright with you.

I might try giving the Trainer blonde hair if I get some free time and see what it looks like. If I do I'll post it here to see what everyone else thinks.

The tile inserting with the Sinnoh tiles is going pretty well, but I'm just taking it easy at the moment because the last time I tried to insert these tiles I rushed, mucked most of them up and eventully ditched them altogether.

Pellio

Years
    Don't rush yourself!
    I don't know who that is ^__^;;
    I wonder what Krysteenah's sprite looks like :D *waits*

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Don't rush yourself!
    I don't know who that is ^__^;;
    I wonder what Krysteenah's sprite looks like :D *waits*
    Well, Gohan is a character from an anime called "Dragon Ball Z" my favorite nostalgic show, and his hair, when he turned super saiyan, turned from black to blonde, that could easily catch the eye of someone looking through threads and get them attached.

Pellio

Years
    Ah yeah I know that programe, never watched it though, the guys with massive hair? Yeah I think blonde would look cool, a fresh look for the hero.
    Wahh I just snapped a bit of my laptop off T_____T

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Okay, I've redone the pose of the Male Trainer and a few other things and here it is. What does everyone think?

Now, I'm happy with that but if he looks weird, please tell me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back