• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chronicles: Mysteries Of The Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    I've just finished a banner and will put it in the first post when I change the graphics and there should be a big story update soon. Until then, you can see it in my sig and also Ray Maverick's.

Okay, I've found a small problem with having multiple storylines, I'm running outta events and characters. Any suggestions are welcome and will be gratly appreciated and will help. State what the event is, what you do, characters involved and which storyline.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Okay, that character actually does look better and I hadn't been able to find the size I should make a sprite anyway (I could just open one in paint or whatever, but had been too lazy).

But if you want me to take a shot at spriting the new one, then I will sometime I'm not busy (when I know the size, too =O...). Anyway, he definitely doesn't look like Ash now - or anybody else really. So good job! ^-^

(and it does look a little odd, but that doesn't matter since it's not the final sprite.)

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Ray, he sent it to me as well and unfortuanately, as I will be using the Kyledove tiles, there is no need for a tile spriter.

Everyone else, I'm considering switching making the game by hack to making it with Sphere. Sphere is an RPG Making program and it's great. The down side is that you have to write the whole program of the game yourself but that means you can add anything you want, as long as you can program it.

If I do switch to Sphere, everything like graphics, items, pokemon and music will be from DP and as such I'll be using DP sprites. If I can get it to work, I'll be having a customisable character as the hero/heroine and so I switched the trainer I drew to a rival and I did him a DP style sprite.

Tell me what you think

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Why?

There is the drawback that it'll take much longer to complete but then there's the major positive of being able to change anything you want and add anything you want.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Wow this blonde hero is AMAZING!Good idea.I think it's identical to 8 gym leader in diamond/pearl.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Well that'll be because I nicked the hair colour from Valkner, the eigth gym leader in DP.

Anyway I've decided to have a different rival for each story and have alss decided that if I do make it into a game on Sphere, I'm adding a Co-Ordinator story where you do Pokemon Contests but the contests will be more realistic.
    I've made a sprite for each of the rivals and what story they go with.

Pokemon Trainer: Kate

Pokemon Researcher: Neville

Pokemon Ranger: Jean

Pokemon Co-Ordinator: Albert

Pokemon Criminal:

Pokemon Police: Jamie

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Your game probably would work better if you did it yourself instead of hacking it, as long as you can get it to work. ^^ Getting that many stories on a regular pokemon game would probably be kind of hard.

Anyways good luck Wolfybob.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Thanks Kaylee and yeah it'll be much easier to do the multiple stories by making the game yourself. It also means I'll be able to have unlimited aspects of the game, such as Pokemon, which means I can have all the Pokemon up to Sinnoh and then any fakemons I use.

Also, just a side note, I made a little sprite of myself which is now my avatar. It's basically an edited version of the first DP style sprite I did as it looked like me anyway.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Ray, this really isn't the right place to look for a Sphere sripter as mostly the people round here are hack scripters. I'm working on getting a scripter myself but I have to present it right so I'm working on the website first.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Ray, my game isn't a hack any longer and since it isn't a hack, it no longer belongs in the hack section so please stop posting here.

If any mods read this, please close this thread.
    Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back