• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Firefox 3.7, 4.0

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
  • I don't think 3.7 looks too bad with the other themes, but it definitely looks the best with Glass. ^^

As for 4.0, I agree. It is very Chrome-like. :P

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • It's terrible, but as long as they leave the old themes in, I guess won't mind. It's the lack of a menu bar that bothers me the most; if they don't let me revert to that, I'll end up switching browsers. Mozilla's looking to make the classic mistake: don't change it if it works. For me, at least, Microsoft made the same mistake with Office 2007; they got rid of the menu bar and made it into some horrible, annoying mess. Mozilla's doing exactly the same thing. Instead of having a bunch of options readily available in one place, they're either spread all over the screen or put somewhere where you'd have no idea to look for them. This is bad design at its worst.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • 3.7 - Looks okay. :/ I'm not a fan of glass tbh so I'm not sure how I'll like it. I suppose I'll get used to it, though.

4.0 - Ugh no tabs on top. ;_; I hate tabs on top and it's the main reason I dislike Chrome as a browser for anything more than a quick check. I find it so awkward and annoying and I like having a title bar tyvm. :( I hope you have the option.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • in the 3.7 the controls area on the left is strangely reminiscent of Safari 4's windows interface.
    picture.php

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeah, I need a bookmarks toolbar with all my pretty favicons. If there isn't one I don't know what I'll do ;o; (they say you can turn off the widget so that's cool).

But yeah, I'm liking tabs on top and version B overall of 4.0. I've already hidden my menubar so the absence of one in the mockups doesn't really bother me, plus they could easily add the option of including one if the users ask for it. Their placement of the progress line is interesting.
    in the 3.7 the controls area on the left is strangely reminiscent of Safari 4's windows interface.
    picture.php
    Yeah, Chrome and IE are pretty similar as well in that respect.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    make the classic mistake: don't change it if it works.
    You heard it here first, people! According to twocows law; NEVER INNOVATE.
    Seriously. We all ought to be using Windows 3.1 because "it works".

I'm more interested in seeing what the Mac interface looks like, tbh~

Years
  • You heard it here first, people! According to twocows law; NEVER INNOVATE.

I'm more interested in seeing what the Mac interface looks like, tbh~
    lol, I honestly think it will fit well with the OSX interface, given they continue to go down this path.

I'm running a theme that's a great imitation of the 3.7 theme on Win7. I've got to say, I love it.

Here's a screeny of my theme: http://i30.tinypic.com/155m340.png

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • You heard it here first, people! According to twocows law; NEVER INNOVATE.
    Not really. The "law," as you call it (which isn't mine, it's something I've heard in many places), has always seemed to apply more to design aspects. The first time I remember hearing it was when Wind Waker came out; somebody said it about the change from realistic style to cel-shaded. Perhaps it would be more prudent to say "if it doesn't work, don't get rid of it?"

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • 3.7 doesn't look too bad, but 4.0 is definitely a ripoff of Chrome. :S

I always download the latest firefox, and right now I'm using 3.5. Whenever the REAL 3.7 or 4.0 come out, I'll download them. ;P

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I believe the Chrome layout is better because it is more logical, the address bar and the refresh button are about what is inside the tab.

Back