• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NikNaks' Miscellanea

Years
I'm a fairly novice pixel artist, so please give as much criticism as you can for my meagre offerings.

Sprite Revamps:
G/S/C to D/P/Pt
Spoiler:

Down-scale and Edits:
CarnivineDevampNewTeeth.png

Region Maps can now be found in my sprite shop
But, ignoring that, here are the regions of the main series as if they were actually part of Japan:
Spoiler:

Scratch Sprites and Pixel Overs:
Adnokana-1.png

Adnokana - Heavily based on the concept by Narsilion

New!!
TreeckoResprite.png

Semi-scratch, based on MoneyStack's sprite, which is itself based on Agornbird's drawing

New!!
Cauldrunt7.png

Cauldrunt for Pokémon Zirconium, based on Defno's concept

Other:
Pokenav-1.gif

New Pokénav

1-Great.png
1-Repeat.png

Pokéballs! See more
Currently in use in Blue Chrome

I take requests. :D To make it clear, though, I'm not interested in joining a team. I've got far too much on my plate as it is. Sorry.

Last edited:

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
wow...these arevery good:D
The hoenn map is stunning, except for the Sootopolis(spelling) city part...is should be darker...
And the animation is very nice.
I hope to see more:D

Years
Thanks :) I know what you're talking about with Sootopolis, but I'm trying to show that it is really just part of a route, so that's why it looks like that. I've also been asked if the animation could be smoother. Would you agree with that? Do yo tink it should be?

In other news, my first revamp of Growlithe:

GrowlitheRevamp.png

How is it?

Years
Cool, I'll look into it.

I've added revamps of Swinub and Piloswine :D More to come.

EDIT: And more there are! Now there's also Corsola, Delibird and Octillery. :)

Last edited:
Years
Thanks :) I've been asked to try to make it look a bit more up-to-date with the face feathers before it's into the revamp project, and I can see why.

I should be posting more revamps today, but it all depends on a meeting this afternoon and how long it lasts.

Years
New content! That makes a double post allowed, right?

Anyway, here's a scaled and edited version of Carnivine, perfect for all those Essentials-made games that need 64 square sprites.

CarnivineDevampNewTeeth.png

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen yesterday
You should fix the mouth of the Growlithe, it looks sort of Darkish, with the Black outline.

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Compare your Growlithe to the actual Growlithe. The edge of the mouth has a black outline which makes it look like it's wearing black lipstick, or has burnt lips. I think it would be best to change that color into the brownish outline, to make it look more real.

Years
Ah, I think I see what you mean now. I'll go about changing it a bit.

What do you think of the Adnokana pixel over thingummy?

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I don't understand what you mean, but the maps, other Revamps, and Pokenav all look great! Hope you add more.

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen yesterday
That.... (not to be offensive or anything) is very dull.
See, there are multiple spots you can improve upon.

Try changing the Palette, which is the reason your Pokemon is dull in the first place, you should make it have brighter palettes. (in my opinion)

Don't you think that looks a bit small? I know the tail is long and it has to be 64x64, but you can make it wrap its tail around itself.

The spikes on its head look like a Mohawk now.

I know it's really hard, but keep, trying, and it'll turn out good sometime.

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I didn't finish my post, wanted to go advanced and accidentally clicked post quick reply. Sorry about that...

Years
That.... (not to be offensive or anything) is very dull.
See, there are multiple spots you can improve upon.

Try changing the Palette, which is the reason your Pokemon is dull in the first place, you should make it have brighter palettes. (in my opinion)

Don't you think that looks a bit small? I know the tail is long and it has to be 64x64, but you can make it wrap its tail around itself.

The spikes on its head look like a Mohawk now.

I know it's really hard, but keep, trying, and it'll turn out good sometime.
Okay, first up, I don't need to be patronised. If you don't like it, just say so. Saying "it'll turn out good sometime" isn't helpful, and it's pretty irritating to read. Anyway, rant over.

I quite like the palette, as Adnokana is supposed to be a very dark and evil Pokémon, but adding a bit more light should be alright.

It does look a bit small, mainly because I've pixelled over the line art, which was scaled down. When I have a bit more confidence, I might consider emphasising the upper body.

How can I fix that, do you think?

Years
I quite like the palette, as Adnokana is supposed to be a very dark and evil Pokémon, but adding a bit more light should be alright.

It does look a bit small, mainly because I've pixelled over the line art, which was scaled down. When I have a bit more confidence, I might consider emphasising the upper body.

How can I fix that, do you think?
I don't know about emphasizing the upper body (wherever that is on a snake), but the belly area on the left could have a smoother outline and the outline at the bottom is a horizontal line that bends right into a 45 degree angle as you move to the right. The tip of the tail also starts to curve upward even though if you follow the body starting from the head you would expect the tail to poke out from nearer the bottom. The image you based it on shows more of the snake in the "gap" which fills in the mental image of a continuous body, but you've cut that part out. Bring it back.

Also, your scaled down Carnivine looks good, but its front teeth are bothering me. There are gaps between all the teeth in the original and you filled some of them in with thicker teeth.

Your revamps look good as do you maps, although the one for Pokémon Crimson looks a little plain.

Back