Age 23
they/them
Germany
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted November 17th, 2016
29 posts
11.5 Years
Hello guys(or gays ^^),
I am hackiosa a 13 years old from Germany and I had an idea of an DS 3D Editor, and here you see I what I've done! I wrote a little Tool in Beta Verion with Visual Basic 2008!

Features:
- Loading & Saving Palette!(Hex) - will not work on any .bmd0 files there have do be done some fixes I think, but I am not sure
- Loading & Saving Texture Data!(Hex) Saving doesn't work complete!!!

What I want do do:
- Showing Texture and loading from Bitmap
-Perfect Saving Texture Data

I hope you will enjoy the first NDS 3d editor ever!

Download:
Look at attackments for Beta!

mfg hackiosa

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of Light!

Age 27
Male
Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Seen August 17th, 2020
Posted July 8th, 2020
1,604 posts
12.7 Years
This is brillient! Now that we have an editor for editing textures on the 3D models on the 4th generation Pokémon games, we won't have to spend so much time hex editing all the textures.

However, we might not have a 3D model editor yet, but still... this will prove useful. I hope to see more improvements with this tool in the future.

Even so... I might try editing Platinum more. That is... if I get to be able to.
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
If you need to disable my signature, please give me advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thank you!
All credits for the avatar since 2008 goes to shorty-antics-27 (fanart account)! Thank you! ^^
Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
It's time to change the future...
to a positive direction!
Let's prevent things from getting bad!

I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher

Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)

score_under

I program the *other* ASM.

Age 27
Hertfordshire, England
Seen December 8th, 2015
Posted August 10th, 2010
525 posts
15.1 Years
Hello guys(or gays ^^),
... Hello? o_O

Anyway, to the point:
Are you sure this program is in a state fit to be released? At the moment, it seems like a stylized hex editor written entirely in German and in VB.NET. It doesn't really do anything that can't be done just as easily with a hex editor at the moment, and there are two things that jump out at me as saying "this project won't be completed", and that is:
  1. Your username in your EXE filename - this goes in the version data or inside the program, and seeming to have little understanding of something as user-friendly as version data rings alarm bells for me.
    • Spaces in filename. Not a crime, but makes launching via batch rather ugly.
    • Using VB.NET, not taking advantage of a lot of the features given to you. For example, not opening files with the correct sharing permissions.
  2. Your header editor also grabs some texture data too - it seems not to know what size to fetch.

But please, feel free to prove me wrong and complete this ;)
Plz not to PM me, I don't come here often enough. Email if you need me

Chimchar 9

(:

Age 26
Male
England, London
Seen September 22nd, 2016
Posted April 5th, 2013
1,621 posts
12.7 Years
... Hello? o_O

Anyway, to the point:
Are you sure this program is in a state fit to be released? At the moment, it seems like a stylized hex editor written entirely in German and in VB.NET. It doesn't really do anything that can't be done just as easily with a hex editor at the moment, and there are two things that jump out at me as saying "this project won't be completed", and that is:
  1. Your username in your EXE filename - this goes in the version data or inside the program, and seeming to have little understanding of something as user-friendly as version data rings alarm bells for me.
    • Spaces in filename. Not a crime, but makes launching via batch rather ugly.
    • Using VB.NET, not taking advantage of a lot of the features given to you. For example, not opening files with the correct sharing permissions.
  2. Your header editor also grabs some texture data too - it seems not to know what size to fetch.

But please, feel free to prove me wrong and complete this ;)
Well he is 13 years old, so we've got to give him a chance to make this happen. Anyway, I hope this will improve, and let it be in english. ;) Good luck! :)
Pokemon Green Diamond
Female
Seen May 2nd, 2020
Posted January 24th, 2015
192 posts
13.1 Years
Did I understand correctly? This is a texure-editor not a model-editor?

Hab ich das richtig verstanden? Das Programm bearbeitet Texturen und nicht Modelle?
"hier wird später mal die textur angezeigt" -> genial :|

hackiosa

Age 23
they/them
Germany
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
29 posts
11.5 Years
so guys, i was a long time off :sorry:!
But i will try to improve this. for the first i will do a english trans.
trans. comes in like 5 minutes!

-->Trans. close Completed!

@Team Fail: No thanks! But I search for a BMD0 Structur Reference, so I don't have it all the Structurs on my own.

hackiosa

Age 23
they/them
Germany
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
29 posts
11.5 Years
hmm.... okay i found out, that the texture seems to be 4BPP(4 Bits Per Pixel)

ok guys. i am at the points, where i know how i could extract textures! but there's a little problem with vb.net SetPixel does not work for me! so i will re do this project in vb6! sorry, but it won't took long do re do this! and redoing this makes it better!
becuz i know much more about textures now!

hackiosa

Age 23
they/them
Germany
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
29 posts
11.5 Years
Well, it looks like some progress is being made. I wonder how much potential this thing has. :O
thanks!
i have a little update, its just some bug fixes :)

hackiosa

Age 23
they/them
Germany
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
29 posts
11.5 Years
so here i have a download again!
it already can show some textures.
to try would use the model files in fielddata/build_model.narc from pokemon dpp.

your hackiosa! pease digga! U will get a 3D Texture Editor!

posem

The StraightEdge Supremist

Age 29
Male
Seen July 28th, 2012
Posted April 29th, 2010
4 posts
12 Years
hark at the kid, complaining it does naff all.
What does naff all is your moaning laddie, this thing is indeed a huge leap in the right direction for beginning to code 4th gen. I dinnah see you whippin up some awesome 3D model creator, give the guy some credit and less of ye whinin.
<|>The StraightEdge Supremist!<|>
Age 30
Male
Wastelands Of Johto
Seen November 25th, 2016
Posted April 26th, 2015
180 posts
17.1 Years

Pokecommunity don't deserve a model editor. I hope this entire site burns in hell, so ban me. You are all so full of crap. You don't appreciate anything. Who do you think promoted Pokemon hacking enough so you could exist? Me and a few others. Thanks to me and a few others you are able to create you're stupid hacks and programs. You don't even know your roots. I've been doing this for almost 10 years. I wasn't singling somebody out like you, I was giving proper critique. What NEEDED to be said.

Either way you don't have to make an editor. Just use the plug-in for 3ds Max to edit your models and edit area data in hex! That'll make you wanna say, "OMG SO SIMPLE!"!
I remember when we edited Sapphire maps in pure hex, when we didn't need handouts from Lu-Ho or Kawa. When Hackers actually knew what they were doing.
Now we have random people randomly editing data and calling it a map edit?? I don't see any geometry edits or even model placement hacks, NO, just texture corruption.

PokeCommunity is almost completely nobodies. Because half of you can't work without tools, that cater to your every whim, it's pathetic. You are all too full of yourselves to create anything worth creating. THAT is why their are no tools that actually benefit 4th generation hacking. That's why we don't have a model or map editor for a 2 year old release. That is also why we don't even have a fully functional map editor for the 3rd generation games that have been out for almost 8 YEARS!

This is why everyone with a brain quits Pokemon hacking. Because communities like this destroy the meaning and history of something that used to be fun and knowledgeable.

Half of you don't even understand how to hack using a hex editor. Everything is pre-generated for you.

THIS PLACE IS LIFE DRAINING. I miss GREAT sites like TAN and MEWTHREE INCORPORATED.
The moderators here are also communist. You can't say anything that is on your mind, can't create anything new. Why does everyone put up with this??? It's bullcrap.

Do yourselves a favor and create a better site, or join another. This is disgusting. How can a site like PokeCommunity be the center of Pokemon Exploits? It's contradicting. It's called the gaming underworld for a reason. No wonder we can't get any decent hackers.

All the great hackers have moved on. So Lu-ho was right when he said that there won't be another map editor til at LEAST next year. After 5th generation is already out and Nintendo has dominated Rom Hacking and the Gaming Scene. We have nothing to show after such a huge gap of time. We still haven't even made a breakthrough in 3rd generation animations, how do you hope to make one for a THREE DIMENSIONAL game with twice the amount of data. All we have is a Texture VIEWER suited for loading the most SIMPLEST of textures, and a Map VIEWER suited for loading the most SIMPLEST of maps.

Even in my experience if you can load something, you should know enough about it to edit a small part of it. But we don't even have a complete spec layout for the area or model data.

Is anybody even trying? I don't think so.

So ban me, PokeCommunity. You know with me you can't continue your communist ploys to destroy a fan base that made you as big as you are.

Don't you dare insult me, you can't bite the hand that feeds you. Everybody here is important, even me. The Rom Hacking community is more than a hobby, it's a family. Without everyone it wouldn't exist. So stop singling people out because you feel self-righteous enough to run the world.

I hope every hacker here grows their wings and burns PokeCommunity to the ground.

Peace out.