SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!

Male
Stalker...
Seen February 10th, 2012
Posted July 30th, 2011
477 posts
12 Years
Wait 1gb ROM size? OMG that takes up big space. I don't think we're gonna be hacking Gen. V anyways anytime soon, with all the 3-D graphics and such, I mean, we barely cracked some stuff for Gen. IV hacking.
Since both are on the same system, hacking Black and White should be the same difficulty as hacking Diamond and Pearl.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Age 25
Male
Best City OCE
Seen May 22nd, 2020
Posted April 1st, 2013
5,978 posts
13.3 Years
Since both are on the same system, hacking Black and White should be the same difficulty as hacking Diamond and Pearl.
um no last time i checked that's not how things work. They're a completely new generation, they're based off a completely different engine which has even more complex 3D graphics. Graphic'sll very likely be much harder to hack.

The other stuff...can't be too sure. :|
Everything ends,
and that's always sad.
But everything begins again, too,
and that's always happy.

Cello

Tonight!

Age 31
Male
get the mascot involved
Seen May 12th, 2012
Posted April 17th, 2012
1,498 posts
11.9 Years
According to word floating around 2chan, Black/White are 1gb in size.
It seems physically impossible for a NDS cart, however.

I have reason to not doubt them though.
My apologies everyone. The info I posted earlier has proven to be false(which, really, there's no surprise. I mean a 1gb DS game? Really Cello?)

The ROM size is 256MB in size, as proven by:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/koby_akid/

Mods, don't worry, it's not a link to the ROM. Koby_Akid has managed to dump the ROM but has no plan to distribute it, merely come up with cheats for B/W.

That's all. :D

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Age 25
Male
Best City OCE
Seen May 22nd, 2020
Posted April 1st, 2013
5,978 posts
13.3 Years
Also to anyone who has the rom, such as me. They have placed in an anti piracy method which disables the gaining of experience in battles. It appears this is being worked on though...
Then why am I seeing screenshots with Pokemon having leveled and/or gained experience?
Everything ends,
and that's always sad.
But everything begins again, too,
and that's always happy.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion

Seen December 18th, 2020
Posted May 6th, 2018
919 posts
14 Years
Then why am I seeing screenshots with Pokemon having leveled and/or gained experience?
Alright you try out the rom for yourself ;).

You are probably just receiving pics straight from a DS. You realize you can screen capture >.>, also with hacks level editing is possible... As we know...

EDIT: Proof

Hey

●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●

Male
Kanto
Seen March 24th, 2016
Posted March 23rd, 2016
441 posts
12.7 Years

From GBATemp :

a/0/
a/0/1/1 contains the images for the fight menu
a/0/2/5 item sprites
a/0/3/0 touchscreen status?
a/0/3/1 player sprites
a/0/32 npc sprites
a/0/4/1 trainer sprites in combat
a/0/5/5 Pokemon types / movement type
a/0/8/3 Pokemon status menu?
a/0/8/5 world map

a/1/
a/1/1/8 keyboard
a/1/2/0 wifi club screen
a/1/2/4 Pokemon types / movement type
a/1/3/1 Character Artworks?
a/1/3/7 Battle Recorder
a/1/3/9 DSi / DSi XL / LL Menu Screen
a/1/4/3 Game Sync Screens
a/1/5/1 Season Screens (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
a/1/6/4 Copyright Screen
a/1/7/0 Player and his friend's Pictures
a/1/7/1 CGear
a/1/7/3 Balloons
a/1/8/4 Trainer Sprites
a/1/8/7 Mysterious Person 'N'

a/2/
a/2/0/1 Certificate?
a/2/0/2 Certificate?
a/2/0/5 Starter's pictures
a/2/0/6 Battle Subway Map
a/2/2/0 'The End' Screen
a/2/4/4 Some Text (not the Script)
I don't take the credits...
Seen May 29th, 2019
Posted May 26th, 2019
106 posts
12.9 Years
Alright you try out the rom for yourself ;).

You are probably just receiving pics straight from a DS. You realize you can screen capture >.>, also with hacks level editing is possible... As we know...

EDIT: Proof

Yep, but it's fixed already

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of Light!

Age 28
Male
Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted April 1st, 2021
1,606 posts
13.6 Years
Looks to me like the Mapping in the 5th Generation hasn't changed from the 4th.
I think only certain maps are able to use the rotating script, as it is used to rotate the map around and a script that ends the rotation along with of course... the camera zoom scripts.
I knew it... the mapping engine hasn't changed much.

I haven't tried going into a mystery zone yet... but I'm guessing that it might be a different name.
Like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum had "Mystery Zone", HeartGold/SoulSilver had "----------".
I'm guessing the name of the Mystery Zone in Black/White probably will be either "???????????" or no text at all. I also wonder what the music would be in it as well.
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
If you need to disable my signature, please give me advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thank you!
All credits for the avatar since 2008 goes to shorty-antics-27 (fanart account)! Thank you! ^^
Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
It's time to change the future...
to a positive direction!
Let's prevent things from getting bad!

I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher

Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion

Seen December 18th, 2020
Posted May 6th, 2018
919 posts
14 Years
What I'am posting now is a black version with the exp fix, it works 100% but only with Desmume the emulator I'm not so if I spelled it right...any way there are 2 problems with this game, after you get to the second town and go into the pokemon center witch is an event with the new prof. and that girl thats your friend in the green once you talk to nurse joy the game freezes up but no black screen and the other problem is its in Japanese so someone needs to make it run with no cash gba and make a cheat that stops the freeze like in hh and ss, plus an english patch needs to be made.
Once these are made the game can be played to its full epicness with no worries...Oh and I tryed out the game and its actually pretty cool.

If you choose to do this good luck!
Well thats a no no, no uploading roms...

But it seems you did not even upload the actual thing XD since I would assume the rom is bigger than what a few bytes... lol
Hey
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen October 12th, 2010
Posted September 18th, 2010
1,104 posts
14.1 Years
Just at a quick glance through the ROM. Here's just a short list of things I noticed.
  1. No new evolution methods
  2. Some more redefining of data. eg. In base stats Grass Type appears to be 0B instead of 0C
  3. I'm unable to find simple structures used since Gen. 3. Which means one of two things. The structures have been overhauled or they have a completely new things like TM lists, and the way types interact.

I've just had a quick look. I could also have a ROM that's been tampered with, so if none of these apply to anyone else, just ignore this post.
Gone.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!

Male
Distant Land
Seen May 23rd, 2021
Posted January 9th, 2021
944 posts
13.1 Years
Just at a quick glance through the ROM. Here's just a short list of things I noticed.
  1. No new evolution methods
  2. Some more redefining of data. eg. In base stats Grass Type appears to be 0B instead of 0C
  3. I'm unable to find simple structures used since Gen. 3. Which means one of two things. The structures have been overhauled or they have a completely new things like TM lists, and the way types interact.

I've just had a quick look. I could also have a ROM that's been tampered with, so if none of these apply to anyone else, just ignore this post.
I'm pretty sure there is a new TM list ;)
I don't use this site since the whole pedophile incident. (And honestly didn't really use it before that.)

You can find me on gamer2020.net

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!

New Twinleaf town(Werdo Town)
Seen April 27th, 2015
Posted November 30th, 2012
58 posts
12.7 Years
This is Potatomuffin, signing in! I'll be trying to map hack (as par usual) Black. What have you guys got so far?( i'm downloading the rom as I type)
Seen January 21st, 2016
Posted November 23rd, 2015
28 posts
13.3 Years
Also to anyone who has the rom, such as me. They have placed in an anti piracy method which disables the gaining of experience in battles. It appears this is being worked on though...
Lol that explains a lot. No wonder lol I just thought I was going crazy
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Age 24
Male
wouldn't you like to know?
Seen February 18th, 2019
Posted December 29th, 2018
826 posts
11.6 Years
ya, it's already been patched by hackers (such as myself). It only took like a day to fix that, now they're working on an english patch, which sounds difficult
POKÈMON COLOSSEUM TRILOGY FOR RMXP!! COMING THIS SUMMER!
STATUS; BETA 1 70%