• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Looks like the old thread died. Thus, it is time for a new one.

★ Which game are you getting and why?
    ★ If you've already gotten one of the games, do you regret getting that one and would prefer getting the other one? Or are you fine with what you have and if so, what makes you prefer that game?
    ★ If you're getting both, why?
    ★ Or are you waiting for the third game?

I'll be getting both of the games, though I do plan on playing White first, mainly because of White Forest I guess. XD;

Last edited by a moderator:

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • I'll probably wait and get Gray, or whatever they decide to call the third game. Although if I do get one before then, it would be Black, because I like the look of Reshiram.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I will be getting both games for the first time as well. Because the version differences are much greater than in previous games, but also I want a game for all my event pokemon and a fun muck around game as well. Black will probs be my proper game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'll be getting both Black and White because I always get both versions of a Pokemon game and Reshiram and Zekrom are equally awesome. I'll be playing Black more often, though. I'm also looking forward to the third game (though I didn't vote for it in the poll).

Years
  • Wow, most people are getting both? O_o
    Originally, I was gonna get White, because I liked Zekrom, White Forest looked better than Black City, and I wanted to have Iris as the last Gym Leader. But then I realized something... White's exclusives suck. T_T I don't like ANY of them.

But Black has Erufuun, Gochiruzeru, and Barujina. Those are three of some of my favorite Pokemon in this generation. So now I'm gonna get Black. And besides that, Reshiram's been growing on me. :P

Helixros

Desolate Angel of the Fallen
    Years
  • I've always enjoyed the third game versions attached to the other two, like emerald and platinum and such, but I really would like to get all three anyways.

Years
  • Played White and it is pretty good. Getting Black when it comes out in English. The third game will probably be even better. Did not like Crystal compared to Silver, but Loved Emerald compared the Ruby.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Aw this should've been the 6th Poll. :x It's a nice topic. Anyways, I saw this thread before, so I'm guessing it died out. XD I'm getting all three~ n_n I'm buying B/W once they come out. Playing Black, since I like Reshiram more, and then wait a couple of months and play White, so I won't be tired and know everything already. xD Then like, a year later when the so-called Gray comes out, I'll get that also. =P

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Who actually voted for the 3rd game. We know nothing about it >:

Anyway, I choose both because I like them both... :~: I did want White because of the Pokemon selection and White forest. That is the last time I don't order my own games >:

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I'm getting Pokemon White purely because of Souryuu City. I absolutely hate the version of it in Black from the music to the architecture, which reminds me of Esthar from Final Fantasy 8... which is not good; I spent about an hour searching for that Elnoyle. Anywho, I digress.

I prefer the look of White Forest over Black City, which is quite ugly. The only real downside of White for me is that I have to get Zekrom instead or Reshiram, but thats nothing a quick trade or cheat wont fix.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
  • XQMtX.png

if anyone has any trouble deciding this image I made is for you

I'm getting white because of the white exclusives and mainly the white forest

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • So I got Black in Japanese, and I'm getting White when it comes to the US.

Can I just say that Black City is very disappointing considering you only fight 3-4 rotation battles once, and then there are ~5 NPC who you can battle once a day, and their Pokemon never change. Let's see, there's a Staraptor, Magnezone, an Electevire, and I can't remember the other few. But yeah... VERY DISAPPOINTING. For such a "big city" there are only 4 accessible houses with nothing interesting in them, and one big building that sells SOME battle items, where you battle the rotation battles.

Something tells me White Forestis just as bad, and you can only find Oddish and Magikarp...

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
  • I have Pokemon Black in Japanese.
    I plan on getting Pokemon White in English.
    And I will most likely get the third game too. o:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm getting White as soon as it come out here in the states :)
    I wanted it at first because...well I just thought it would be cooler than Black, and now I think I might have been right :D

Years
  • White.

Because the list of Pokemon you can find in the White Forest via Serebii and the Highlink. The beauty of High School is that you can find countless people who like Pokemon

Zekrom

Much better version exclusives

And I am getting the third version as well, yep.

Back