• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

From ancient times~

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Soooo...imagine your an archaeologist, and you've discovered a fossil from underground! Now, what would that fossil be? (in other words, what's your favorite fossil, and fossil pokemon, and why?) How do you feel about fossilized pokemon in general? Do you feel there should be more extinct / fossilized pokemon? Here's a list of them all:

Helix Fossil

Dome Fossil

Old Amber

Root Fossil

Claw Fossil

Skull Fossil

Armor Fossil

Cover Fossil

Plume Fossil

So...my favorite fossil would have to be the Old Amber, because that's an Aerodactyl, because it represents gargoyles quite nicely! <3 And as a rock / flying type, its REALLY fast, and not too bad of a physical attacker either. <3 I wouldn't minded if there were an actual tyrannosaurs-rex fossil-like pokemon, to be frank; because I do like the concept of pokemon from ancient times. <3

Last edited:

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • My favorite fossil would be the Skull Fossil, and Cranidos. Rampardos looks awesome and could (with a Choice Scarf) defeat quite a few Pokemon. I just wish it was a better Pokemon. =-|

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • My favorite fossil would be the Skull Fossil, and Cranidos. Rampardos looks awesome and could (with a Choice Scarf) defeat quite a few Pokemon. I just wish it was a better Pokemon. =-|

So...are you wishing that Rampardos was better stat wise? Because the choice scarf and mold breaker makes up for it for its speed. :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I like the Cover Fossil a lot seeing as it turns into a Turtle.

Fossils are a good idea and they should stick around.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Kabutops has always been my favorite fossil pokemon, although Archeops is giving it a run for its money. XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Aerodactyl. No contest. It's a badass pterodactyl that has the ability to wipe the floor with a lot of Pokemon. End of. I can also remember Rock Smashing loads of stones in the Ruins of Alph to get an Old Amber as well... fun times! Although I do have a thing for Cradily despite my better judgment.

In general, I like a lot of the fossil Pokemon. In future generations, I just wish they'd get more experimental with some of the types. Obviously the Rock type will have to stay, but they could add a whole host of new ones like Electric or Fire or something. The amount of Rock/Water ones is definitely enough!

Two/Three per generation seems fine. In the real world, archaeological discoveries aren't made in massively quick succession, why should the Pokemon world be under so much pressure to discover all these old critters?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I used to be more of an Aerodactyl fan, but Tirtouga! It's a turtle! And it's cute and has pretty markings and it's a TURTLE! <3

...I like turtles. Shut up.

Oh, but I think the amount of ancient Pokemon we have is fine. A few each generation. More than that would take away from the excitement/mystery/uniqueness.

Years
  • I like Tirtouga and Archen. They are both really cool. I like how one is an ancient Sea Turtle and one is an Archeopteryx. They are so cool! They look awesome. I like Cranidos and Sheildon too, they are both cool dinosaurs.

Years
  • My favourite fossils are the Dome and Cover fossils, and I agree it would be cool to see more fossils, provided they are well designed and not just added for the sake of having more :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Spr_4d_142.png

Hmm...Aerodactyl, the King of the Skies, is probably my favorite. I mean, that thing equals SPEED anytime I see it. Pokemon Stadium 2, FireRed, Sapphire, Emerald, pretty much anywhere. XD

Spr_4p_411.png

Bastiodon
    comes second for me. A sturdy, defensive, castle-like shield dinosaur. Awesome by default.

Spr_5b_565.png
    Spr_4d_348.png
    Spr_4d_346_s.png

Spr_4d_139.png
    Spr_4h_141.png
    Spr_4d_409.png
    Spr_5b_567.png

Carracosta, Armaldo, and Cradily are tied, followed by Omastar, Kabutops, Rampardos, and Archeops.

I think fossilized Pokemon are pretty awesome, as they offer glimpses into the lives of Pokemon before the modern Pokemon world came into being. More extinct/fossilized Pokemon would be great additions, as long as they have good origins and designs.

I dislike Archeos a bit, though, because that is not how I envisioned an Archeopteryx-based Pokemon. The thing looks like a freaking overgrown parrot. Even Chatot's design isn't that disappointing. -.-

And WTF is a Cover Fossil?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • My favorite fossils are the Claw and Armor fossils as they turn into my favorite Fossil pokemon ^_^
    Also I think that there should be a lot more fossils...maybe they could add 3 (like Kanto) or maybe even 4...
    Also you forgot the live Fossil Relancanth!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • My favourite designed fossil would be the Armour fossil. I think it just looks good and represents Sheildon really nicely. My favourite fossil pokemon is Archeops. It is so greatly designed and colourful and is a great in game pokemon to use because of its high speed and massive attack.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'll say my favorite fossils from each generation, and for the same reason:

Kanto: Kabuto(ps) and Aerodactyl.

Hoenn: Anorith/Armaldo

Sinnoh: Cranidos/Rampardos

Unova: Archen/Archeops (even though their ability severely cripples them)

The reasons are that they are directed towards offense, and I like their designs. One thing I noticed about the regional fossil pairs is that in a pair, one fossil is directed towards offense and the other towards defense.

Misty Fan

Water Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I wish I found a Helix Fossil because my fav fossil is Omastar. The time I accidently got the Dome Fossil by mistake I almost destroyed my gameboy.

Back