• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Trading Card Game Online

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Pokémon Trading Card Game Online

Well, today was the launch of the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online website.

I have never played the TCG before but afetr playing this, I may actually get involved in this game.

What do you think about it and is it a definite plus for Pokémon?

Discuss!

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm waiting on interactive online play so that there becomes a way to play against other players worldwide with metadecks. Not that playing against others will happen for a while yet. :<

As it is, it's pretty cool, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    It is really, really impressive. The interface is surprisingly slick, the AI is noobish but not completely inept, it's fun, and it's great practice. For a beta version this is actually very well put-together, and my mind is boggled when I think about the nightmare it must have been to program the AI to not be completely stupid, and to make decent choices when there are so many combinations of plays to choose from. Obviously I'm excited for the prospect of playing others online with customized decks, but this will certainly tide me over until then. It's really a great opportunity for both beginners and competitive players to practice their skills.

Years
    It is really, really impressive. The interface is surprisingly slick, the AI is noobish but not completely inept, it's fun, and it's great practice. For a beta version this is actually very well put-together, and my mind is boggled when I think about the nightmare it must have been to program the AI to not be completely stupid, and to make decent choices when there are so many combinations of plays to choose from. Obviously I'm excited for the prospect of playing others online with customized decks, but this will certainly tide me over until then. It's really a great opportunity for both beginners and competitive players to practice their skills.

I also noticed that there was an option to change the difficulty from the default level.

The default seems to be hard with the "Dynamic" checkbox checked. Not sure, though, since I've already done 5 matches so the game may have adjusted to my skill level somewhat.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Yeah I'm not sure what dynamic is supposed to mean, I'd be surprised if the game was able to adjust difficulty levels based on your performance, impressed definitely, but surprised.

LAF

:D
    Years
    Is anyone else having trouble with crashes and freezing? It's been happening lots since I turned off animations, so I turned them back on. I got through one game, started the next, got Typhlosion out and powered and it froze :disappoin

Wannabe God

Witty title
    Years
    I'm pretty much hooked on this game, and it got me back into playing Pokemon TCG. Has anyone noticed the new decks they put up today? YOu need to buy them form the store before playing them online I really want the Serperior one, but when is it going to be put in stores?

Which is your favorite playable deck so far? I like them all, but I'm rather attached to the Water one, as Vaporeon's second attack is beyond awesome, and Feraligatr's Spinning tail is another great bench-destroying move.

Now I'm having trouble getting anything to load, and so are other people, judging by the topics on the forums there.

What I really want to know is if that when the full version comes if they will add 4th gen cards, or if they will jump right into 5th gen. I'm assuming the latter, but I am really disappointed about it since I really wanted a Galactic deck, and a Plasma deck as a substitute is just ick.

Years
    Yeah I know, it's always when I'm doing the best or just about to win though :/

Well that sucks. I won 10 matches, I think, before I started running into issues.

I'm pretty much hooked on this game, and it got me back into playing Pokemon TCG. Has anyone noticed the new decks they put up today? YOu need to buy them form the store before playing them online I really want the Serperior one, but when is it going to be put in stores?

Which is your favorite playable deck so far? I like them all, but I'm rather attached to the Water one, as Vaporeon's second attack is beyond awesome, and Feraligatr's Spinning tail is another great bench-destroying move.

Now I'm having trouble getting anything to load, and so are other people, judging by the topics on the forums there.

What I really want to know is if that when the full version comes if they will add 4th gen cards, or if they will jump right into 5th gen. I'm assuming the latter, but I am really disappointed about it since I really wanted a Galactic deck, and a Plasma deck as a substitute is just ick.

Doesn't surprise me. They wanna boost the sales of their new decks. Those decks will be in stores in early May, probably.

I can win with any of the three, honestly. I don't care which I use.

They have some Gen 4 set cards already in there, including Bebe's Search. They'll probably have whatever's tournament legal at the time it's finished being completed. The sets with the SP Pokemon probably will be rotated out by then, and I don't think they'll have any Team Plasma themed cards for a while yet.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Pokémon TCG Online

Well sweeties, has anybody tried playing the TCG Online game on Pokémon's official website? I believe it's still in beta, but it's pretty fun.

Personally, I still prefer the GameBoy Color TCG games. XD

mod edit:
    merged from 'Pokemon TCG Online' in to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Online PvP hasn't started, but the Trainer Challenge is technically still online play since you have to connect to the internet to play it. ;)

Like I said above (as I expect Shivi or Nick or someone to merge this thread with the other one - hurry up and merge it, the other one isn't dead yet!), it far exceeded my expectations for it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    There's an online version now?

That might be motivation for me to actually play it, since IRL I've always just collected instead of battled.

Being able to play Yugioh online is the only reason I know how to duel at all, sooo it might just end up the same with the Pokemon TCG. xD;

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
    Years
    You can actually access the PvP version, but it requires a code that you can find in some Black & White booster packs (hint: Look in booster boxes at your local card store, not at Wal-Mart/Target!). However, I've heard that it won't be accessible until later today, and it's only a beta version. The full version won't be out until this fall.

As for the Trainer Challenge, it was actually nice to go back and play with basic starter decks.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Also, Jeremy..

This thread, is pretty much the same as this one, which is still alive and kickin' for a few more days, sooo I'm gonna go ahead and merge them.

( You can now ignore that this post exists. xD )

Back