• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Journey Through the Dark [OOC/SU Thread]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Journey Through the Dark
Rated T for Teens
IC Thread located here.
1 Spot currently open
SinnohRegionMap.jpg

SinnohRegionTownMap.png

Skip these spoilers unless you require them for a SU. History|Plot|Team Dark|The Association of Light sections are located in the IC thread.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The Adventurers of Light
Currently Accepted Role-Players

Nakuzami as Dimitri Draen
CyBeastSaber as Karen Valius
Fuyu as Ciel Vespera
TheFinalWatchman as Hiro Mori
Scarf Blade as Haru Farsong
Nam as Nam Vivaldi Wagner

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
May I reserve buddy? I'm leaving to go home soon and I'll write my SU then.

Nakuzami

Years
Well, here's my own SU. It's a bit of a work in progress.

Name: Dimitri Draen
Nickname: N/A

Personality:
Dimitri is a very silent person. He never really talks, and when he does, it's usually to offer a bit of pessimism. He is not afraid to challenge anyone or anything, however, he does not do so if the odds are against him, and he tries to avoid fighting if possible. To most people, it seems that nothing scares him, and he is very intelligent. He hates extremely bubbly people, and extremely arrogant people, among others. Dimitri tries to keep as distant from people as possible. He will try not to interact with another person unless the person approached him first.

Appearance:
Dimitri iscaucasian, stands at about six feet three inches and weighs about one hundred and thirty-six pounds. Dimitri has short black hair and dark brown eyes. Dimitri is tall and relatively skinny, but he is very strong and muscular. Dimitri wears a dark red t-shirt and sometimes a black hoodie. He also wears black fingerless gloves. He wears dark blue denim jeans and black sneakers with a dark red trim and white soles.

History:
Dimitri was born in Nuvema Town, Unova. He was always a silent boy, and he didn't really like to play with other kids. This was because he suffered from short-term memory loss, so on multiple occasions, when he made a friend he ended up forgetting that they were friends. This caused a lot of the kids to hate him, which lead to him being a bit of a loner.

Although Dimitri was very smart, his short-term memory loss sometimes caused him to get low grades in school. His parents also became a bit too overprotective of him due to his... "problem." Dimitri ended up figuring that nothing could ever turn out good for him, and that speaking to others only created problems. Thus he became a mute pessimist.

When Dimitri was about ten, he was invited to study in a high-ranking Pokemon School. This was both due to him being as smart as he was, and his parents sending a letter to the school's principal, asking if he would let Dimitri into his school. Dimitri was ecstatic and immediately accepted. He quickly packed and headed to his new school. There, Dimitri studied Pokemon and everything about them. Of course he studied other things too, like math and science, but none of the other subjects were as entertaining to him.

By some miracle, Dimitri actually remembered everything he learned about Pokemon. While he was studying, he also learned to control his short-term memory loss better, which helped him-a lot. One day, when Dimitri was about fifteen, he got an invitation from The Association of Light, a group whoms efforts he had been following closely. This brought to him excitement he hadn't felt since being invited to the Pokemon School where he had resided for the past four years. He packed again, this time for a journey.

Starter Pokemon: Snivy
Nickname: Alec

Nature: XXXXX
Personality: Alec is not one to fight too hard. He is a kind soul and likes to avoid trouble if possible. He tries to act cool, but he's anything but. He is very smart, smarter than the average Snivy, and he is very outgoing. He'll fight for what he believes and and protect those that deserve it.
Misc.: Alec likes to wear a dark blue hoodie, and he has blue eyes rather than brown.

Role-Play Sample: [To be added]

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
Blackout

Ohohoho! I'd like a reserve for a Totodile please. Hm... I shall try a female SU this time.
O.o 5 spots only, huh? T-T Oh well. So... how WELL should this be to qualify for a shiny? XD

SU Finished!

Name: Karen Valius

Personality:
Because she grew up working with many pokemon, Karen is extremely affectionate with the creatures. Some say she has a special bond with pokemon, and there is some truth to it in that Karen can almost befriend any pokemon she meets. Nonetheless, she is extremely protective of pokemon as well and would defend them should they ever feel threatened. Karen's bond with pokemon may well be her strength as well as her weakness.

Apart from pokemon, Karen is dutiful but tries not to be overly serious. She can casually talk with anyone as she enjoys what others can offer her in regards to information or just an occasional story or chat. Her cheerful demeanor is but one side of a Karen who also rarely gets angry, but can be brutal if pushed to that point. Curiosity is another of Karen's double-edge personalities in that if something catches her eye, it tends to get ALL of her attention. Her years studying with Professor Elm has never filled her curiosity completely and so she is eager to learn about any and all things. However, her curiosity has gotten her into more trouble than she can remember, and so Karen has been trying to suppress her urges as much as possible which has improved with much luck as of lately. Her tomboyish self has earned her more friends with females than males which is rather interesting because she was frequently challenged to pokemon battles at school by the male student body possibly because of that. Nevertheless, enjoys being in the company of people and tries to stay positive at all times, which is one reason why people love her.

Appearance:
Karen's golden blonde hair reaching just above her bosom is a perfect pair with her crystal blue eyes. Her face lacks any form of fat and is joined sharply at her small but flat chin. Her pale facial complexion is always worn with a determined look and she has managed to keep her peach colored skin from becoming dark from the almighty sun. Her athletic nature over the years has caused her body to develop small strong muscles without growing overly large. She isn't well endowed but she doesn't think much of it as many of her friends do. Karen stands at about 5 feet and 4 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds. She keeps her nails trimmed to avoid unnecessary troubles that they might cause as she has seen happen too frequently to her more proper friends.

Karen dislikes uncomfortable clothing and tends to wear semi-loose fitting clothing most of the time. Her main attire consists of a solid forest green T-shirt along with an unzipped brown short-sleeved jacket, a pair of tan colored shorts reaching her knees, and white ankle-length socks and black and white running shoes. A brown belt can be seen buckled around her waist and her hands are outfitted with green finger-less gloves. Either on her head on inside her pack, a white visor can accompany her head during times of need and around her neck, a silver pendant can be seen dangling on the silver chain necklace to which it is held. A dark blue knapsack can be seen slung around Karen's right shoulder and secured onto a belt loop located on her front right side of her pants, her money pouch can be seen zipped.

History:
Karen was born in New Bark Town to a pair of hard working and somewhat overprotective of their only daughter. As a child, she grew healthy like any regular girl but she found a big interest in pokemon. Karen played quite frequently at Professor Elm's lab trying as she would to get the professor to let her help in return for playing with pokemon. With pleading puppy dog eyes, the Professor could do nothing but compromise with Karen's wishes and asked her to run small errands around his lab, such as fetching documents and books and other relatively odd jobs for the young girl to do. Afterwards, Karen would join the professor's aide to feed the pokemon and play with them. There Karen had begun her love for pokemon.

As she reached an age where she could go to school, Karen pleaded to her parents to live with her aunt in Violet City where she could start to attend the Pokemon School there. With worried confessions, they decided to accept Karen's wishes and allowed her to attend. Over the years, she studied pokemon with her fellow classmates as well as having occasional battle practices and the such. In school, however, Karen was very average at everything from studies to popularity and so on, the list was large. One thing Karen excelled at though, was her control of pokemon and battle technique. She was able to combine techniques in many different effective ways and started to develop even more combinations to further test. Karen was ranked number one among the woman and possibly the whole school when it came to Pokemon Battles but off the field, she was only average like many other girls.

As she graduated at the age of 16, Karen returned to study pokemon with Professor Elm as an aide in-training, but her true dream was to one day venture out and go on a pokemon journey of some kind. Little did she know, her dream would be granted sooner than she had expected.

Within the next year, the chaos that was Team Dark began to spread around the whole world. Vandalism, Thievery, Massacre, the list ran long and Team Dark would continue it. Karen was eager to join the newly formed Association of Light, but her duties with Professor Elm compelled her to remain. That is until the Professor himself handed her a letter which puzzled Karen. It was a letter of recommendation he had written for her to join the association and the papers for enlisting. Professor Elm was confident in Karen's abilities as a trainer and he joked if it ever was too much for her, she could return to help him if she wanted. Surprised but joyful, Karen thanked Professor Elm, who could only smile and urged her on.

With her parents' consent, they allowed their only daughter to embark on her journey and hoped her the best and making sure she would call back. A teary-eyed Karen embraced her parents before she returned to meet up with an Association's officer at Professor Elm's lab with a private jet ready for departure. With the letter in hand and thoughts swirling about, Karen waved to Professor Elm and his aide, who had come to see her off, and entered the plane. Her journey was now in motion. Her dreams fulfilled. What would be in store for Karen now? Only time will tell.
~Zaaaaaaaaash~

Starter Pokemon: Totodile (Shiny is the goal! IT'S DA GOAL! >: D )
Nickname: Dyle
Nature: Naughty
Personality:
He's not bad or anything but Dyle can be a prankster. Karen is teaching him to not be overly rude or do naughty things but things aren't going as smooth as she would hope. Despite being a prankster at heart, Dyle is extremely attached to Karen and will do things to attract her attention, which he does. His strength is more powerful than any of his other abilities; however, because he is overly naughty most of the time, his intellectual defenses needs more work.
Misc.: N/A at the moment. I'm still thinking about stuff. (Like if I will get a shiny. 8D )​
Spoiler:

Heh... It sure was fun playing with Professor Elm. :D

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
@Elite Killer - You are Reserved.

@CyBeastSaber - Well, I know who is getting my vote for best SU writer :3 If no other SU is as good as yours, you might just get that shiny Totodile ;3
Just finish the RP Sample and you will be accepted :3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Oooh, nice RP you got there, Nakuzami.

RESERVE ME FOR TORCHIC!!!!

Nakuzami

Years
@-DeepImpact- - You are Reserved for Torchic :3 Make good use of little Torchy :3

[ANNOUNCEMENT]
ALL reservations will be terminated in 48 hours. Get your SUs in!
Also, any reservations after this will have 48 hours until they are terminated.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Sorry it's taking so long. I'm having computer issues. I'm going to attempt to finish before the thing dies on me. Reserve for Oshawott please. I'll be done in a little bit.

Nakuzami

Years
@Fuyu - No problem.
So, 6 reservations and 1 [Almost] accepted person. That means two people won't be able to get in. Well, I guess you guys will have to fight tooth and nail for the four remaining spots. :3

... Out of all the reservations no one has reserved a grass type. -.-' Why do you hate da grass?! X3

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Blackout

(I hate the server sometimes. And I like the grass types but I'm still liking Oshawatt at the moment, XD)

Name: Ciel Vespera

Personality: Ciel seems very quiet, the quiet that indicates a lack of confidence. It's mostly around humans, who he's had very little interaction with, due to being in a small private school and the early years of his life were spent away from him. He isn't particularly wild, but people scare him and he works hard to not be noticed by others. He believes it's safer. Very few people can talk to him without him instantly looking away and shaking like a mess. Those people are mostly around his own age (or his little brother), including overly protective Miranda Ambera. He seems like a bit of a crybaby, easily overwhelmed. However, Pokemon fix that problem, mostly. If he talks to the Pokemon, he shows few of the issues he shows around humans. He's still shy, but people he's not used to can manage a conversation if he speaks with the Pokemon first. He's not an expert with Pokemon but he can definitely talk with them better than humans.

Ciel is actually rather pragmatic, understanding he was a pretty good target. He has taken care of people who make fun of him by being that way, actually kicking another kid's teeth in while he was being teased. He normally doesn't stand up for himself but instead gets in the way of others being trampled on. It's pure impulse in all honesty. He doesn't understand why he does it. Maybe this journey will teach him. Ciel is frequently hit with insomnia and will spend most of his time staring up at the night sky. He usually sleeps during the day not long afterward. He cares for Pokemon a lot and isn't afraid of them, even the most terrifying or evil. Ciel believes that they are good as well and will only harm him if he does something wrong.

Appearance: Ciel is an olive-skinned male at 87 pounds and at 4'11 inches, around the average for a male his age. He has long, shaggy, stringy black hair that falls messily over his head and eyes, hiding the orbs behind his bangs. He does brush it but it still falls like that anyway. His eyes are a deep solemn grey, almost constantly in the deer-in-headlights look when around people. He is nimble and lean, yet looks roughly around the age of a rookie trainer. It likely has to do with his behavior. On his left hand is a swirled sort of bookmark, seeming to have no significance. Honestly don't ask Ciel; he won't know.

He dresses in natural modesty, not that he understands that. He has a red and blue string anklet with black beads weaved in resting on his right ankle and a silver hoop in his left earlobe. Ciel wears a sleeveless grey shirt under a black hooded jacket. The jacket is usually left open and has white stitching in its pockets. On the right side is a Spell Tag stitched on to the hoodie. His pants are blue cargo pants and undecorated, his shoes and dirty. His shoelaces are in need of replacement, the white laces almost destroyed. The sneakers are sea-blue except for the laces and the soles. His hands are covered in black, fingerless gloves.

History: Ciel was born in Viridian City to a quiet mother and flighty father. The man loved his family for certain, but he preferred the life of wandering. Ciel's mother never forgave that and divorced not long after, a friend of the family becoming his stepdad. Ciel never knew it was any different. At least, not until he turned ten. But by then it didn't matter. Ciel's mother was a Lavender Town citizen until her marriage, so she was a devout believer in respecting the dead and of ghosts, having been able to sense things most didn't, a gift she had passed on to her son. Until he was five, his mother quietly supervised his visits to the Viridian Forest, either personally or with her Kadabra. Since he was little, he played with his best friend Miranda or by himself. Most children were forbidden to enter the Forest. So he was used to Pokemon and barely knew many humans.

When he turned six, he was signed up with Miranda at the Pokemon Public School in Viridian. It was his first meeting with more than a few people. He thought it would be uncomfortable but okay. Ciel couldn't have been more wrong. It was too exciting and loud, there were too many people, and he was quickly overwhelmed by the noise. It took the school the whole day to find him curled up under a tree trunk, trembling at the outskirts of the Indigo Plateau. How he had gotten there unscathed would have been a mystery if not for the Pokemon growling at anyone who came within a five foot radius.

His mother took action and moved back to her hometown and enrolled him in the private school. Of course, Miranda had to tag along, refusing to leave her best friend behind. This helped immensely and slowly, he began to overcome his social phobia, though it never did go away. The teasing didn't either, until he fought back, courtesy of Pokemon encouragement. Ciel usually avoided that however, keeping to himself. The fact that a majority of the kids there were quiet and focused, not the same in their excitement as in Viridian, gave Ciel more encouragement. In school, he excelled, to everyone's surprise. However, what caught the Association of Light's attention wasn't his school work but his small fame as a psychic. Miranda hated it but Ciel's mother encouraged him to go despite her own misgivings. She didn't like the sound of Team Dark but she wasn't going to let her son miss out on the chance she didn't have: to take a journey.

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
Nickname: Nadia
Nature: Docile
Personality: Her nature should tell it all. She is very meek, not in a bad way, merely in a "I won't fight unless I have to" kind of way. She doesn't take insults well. Nadia enjoys being hugged and doesn't like when people bother Ciel. But most of the time she's very kind and polite, making friends with the natural ease Ciel lacks. She is well aware that Ciel is a very nervous person and stays loyally by his side. It worries her sometimes: his inability to speak with others. She is determined to fix it, even if it means fighting.
Misc.: She hates all forms of clothing except for her blue bandanna, which she doesn't wear but enjoys folding into strange shapes.

Role-Play Sample:

Spoiler:

Nakuzami

Years
@Fuyu - You, my friend, are accepted :3
Claim a shiny?

Oh, CyBeastSaber, I just realized that besides your RP Sample, there's one small detail you missed. Hint: It should be at the top of your post.

Nakuzami

Years
Thanks buddy. Sure I wouldn't mind a shiny.

Okay, you got it :3
... Ah! I'll edit the original post tommorow, it's near impossible with my phone -.-'

Okay, there's technically four spots left, but if CyBeastSaber makes those minor changes/RP Sample, there's three spots left :3

Back